DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

43 minutes ago, Lemoncurd said:

Hi there,

I'm running into an issue when trying to generate the DynDOLOD.esp where part way through the process I get the following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Item not found.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I have used the program a few times before and had success, but I recently downloaded the mods Turn of the Seasons and and Seasonal Aspen Trees along with their various patches so decided to redo the LOD and am now coming across the above error.

Here are my bug report and DynDOLOD log:

https://ufile.io/t5bs70vn

https://ufile.io/dqx0bktk

I am a complete novice when it comes to modding Skyrim so I apologise in advance if this is something really obvious and thank you for you patience.

Use the latest alpha version.

If the issue still persists, upload new log, bugreport.txt and also the debug log as explained on the first post.

37 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

Good morning

I recently switched from DynDOLOD 2.9x to 3.0. I was able to run it with no issue and i love the Grass Lods. The only issue i have is a drop in quality for the Ultra Tree lods. As you can see in my attachments, the quality of the distant trees was much higher before. With 3.0, they look like cardboard cutouts. I use Simply Bigger Trees and kept the same load order aside from deactivating the billboards since 3.0 generates them. Is there any settings you can think of that i forgot that could help?

Thank you

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

If the tree LOD uses billboards, then most likely the 3D tree LOD models where not found/used.

As https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD explains, check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt what LOD assets where found and used for the tree base records in question.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Post the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

If the tree LOD uses billboards, then most likely the 3D tree LOD models where not found/used.

As https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD explains, check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt what LOD assets where found and used for the tree base records in question.

Thanks for the quick reply

Here is a link to my logs. I also uploaded the tree report. It appears the 3D Lod Model for all the TreePineForest are not found
"TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif [CRC32:3DBF4820] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_pine_1.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_pine_1n.dds 
    Replaced tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treepineforest01_3DBF4820"

Not sure how i would go about fixing this. Should i reactivate the tree billboard i was using with version 2.9x?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7Qc1JmqxKGjxUEB3eUuERIgiM56DD5G?usp=sharing

Regards

43 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

Thanks for the quick reply

Here is a link to my logs. I also uploaded the tree report. It appears the 3D Lod Model for all the TreePineForest are not found
"TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif [CRC32:3DBF4820] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_pine_1.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_pine_1n.dds 
    Replaced tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treepineforest01_3DBF4820"

Not sure how i would go about fixing this. Should i reactivate the tree billboard i was using with version 2.9x?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7Qc1JmqxKGjxUEB3eUuERIgiM56DD5G?usp=sharing

Regards

Read the explanations what a billboard is https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards.

As the tree report says a billboard has been found but a 3D tree LOD model has not been found.
So the billboard is used for the LOD representation. Do not install 3rd party billboards. Generate all desired billboards with TexGen.

That full model tree Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif does not seem to be from Simply Bigger Trees SE 1.0SE. The NIF has been changed or is being overwritten by another mod.
Hence the 3D hybrid model included in DynDOLOD Resources SE for this mod is not be used, since the CRC32 does not match anymore. See more here https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD and https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model

If you want 3D tree LOD for that tree, install or create 3D hybrid tree LOD model for it or restore the original full model tree NIF from the Simply Bigger Trees mod.

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the explanations what a billboard is https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards.

As the tree report says a billboard has been found but a 3D tree LOD model has not been found.
So the billboard is used for the LOD representation.

That full model tree Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif does not seem to be from Simply Bigger Trees SE 1.0SE. The NIF has been changed or is being overwritten by another mod.
Hence the 3D hybrid model included in DynDOLOD Resources SE for this mod is not be used, since the CRC32 does not match anymore. See more here https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD.

If you want 3D tree LOD for that tree, install or create 3D tree LOD model for it or restore the original full model tree NID from the Simply Bigger Trees mod.

I have the mod HQ Tree Bark that replaces the nif but it should be compatible with SBT so not sure why it wont work. I will try to disable it and rerun DynDOLOD to see if it works. Worst case i will keep using version 2.9x. Only reason i wanted 3.0 was the grass cache.

Thanks again for your help :-)

20 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

I have the mod HQ Tree Bark that replaces the nif but it should be compatible with SBT so not sure why it wont work. I will try to disable it and rerun DynDOLOD to see if it works. Worst case i will keep using version 2.9x. Only reason i wanted 3.0 was the grass cache.

Thanks again for your help :-)

I appears you have not read what I wrote and what I linked.

Unless a new matching 3D tree LOD model for the new CRC32 of the full model NIF is created, it does not matter which DynDOLOD version you are using.
Without a 3D tree LOD model with the correct CRC32 in its filename for DynDOLOD to find in the load order, it will automatically fall back to the billboard.

You need to find/install/create 3D tree LOD models for HQ Tree Bark if the full model is from that mod.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

I appears you have not read what I wrote and what I linked.

Unless a new matching 3D tree LOD model for the new CRC32 of the full model NIF is created, it does not matter which DynDOLOD version you are using.
Without a 3D tree LOD model with the correct CRC32 in its filename for DynDOLOD to find in the load order, it will automatically fall back to the billboard.

I read what you wrote. I am not sure what to tell you. As i said before, i ran DynDOLOD 2.96 just a few days ago with the exact same load order and my Tree lods look great. But when i ran it with 3.0, they dont. That is why i thought it was just a setting i was forgetting in the new DynDOLOD version.

11 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

I read what you wrote. I am not sure what to tell you. As i said before, i ran DynDOLOD 2.96 just a few days ago with the exact same load order and my Tree lods look great. But when i ran it with 3.0, they dont. That is why i thought it was just a setting i was forgetting in the new DynDOLOD version.

For DynDOLOD 2.x the tree report is part of the normal log and looks a bit different.
Find the same tree base record, see what LOD assets the report says it found. e.g. billboard found, 3D LOD model found / not found and what it shows for CRC32 part of the filename treepineforest01_xxxxxxxx ...

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

For DynDOLOD 2.x the tree report is part of the normal log and looks a bit different.
Find the same tree base record, see what LOD assets the report says it found. e.g. billboard found, 3D LOD model found / not found and what it shows for CRC32 part of the filename treepineforest01_xxxxxxxx ...

Here is the entry.
TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif
                    Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforest01_3DBF4820> fallback Full Model
                    LOD4: meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif
                    LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
                    LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal

Seems version 2.96 used the full model as a fallback but version 3.0 used the billboard instead

15 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

Here is the entry.
TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif
                    Billboard found, replaced tree, 3D LOD not found <treepineforest01_3DBF4820> fallback Full Model
                    LOD4: meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif
                    LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
                    LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal

Seems version 2.96 used the full model as a fallback but version 3.0 used the billboard instead

So there you changed the DynDOLOD INI to fall back to full model. You will have to repeat the INI change ...

However, it is not really recommended to use that option for playthrough. IIRC there might a message you need to confirm, too.
Install or create optmized 3D hybrid tree LOD models. Alternative set the fallback INI setting to Billboard4 (TreeFullFallBack=4). They will look better than Billboard1 since you generated HD billboards and won't be as resource intensive.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

So there you changed the DynDOLOD INI to fall back to full model. You will have do the INI change...

However, it is not really recommended to use that option for playthrough. IIRCthere might a message you need to confirm, too.
Install or create optmized 3D hybrid tree LOD models. Alternative set the fallback INI setting to Billboard4 (TreeFullFallBack=4). They will look better than Billboard1 since you generated HD billboards.

Excellent. I knew i had changed the ini in 2.96 but did not touch it in 3.0 since it specifically said "Do not change this setting". I will try it as i never really had an issue with it while playing. If it becomes a problem, i will try the billboard=4.

48 minutes ago, GG543364 said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 56.76 kB · 0 downloads
DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha-21

Use copy this message to clipboard instead of making screenshots.

For the time being copy

Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\water\tundrastreamtransition01_CBEEB188_dyndolod_lod.nif
to 
Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\tundrastreamtransition01_CBEEB188_dyndolod_lod.nif

My upload of DynDOLOD Standalone Alpha-74 with the updated path info got delayed. Once DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 74 is out that should be fixed.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Use copy this message to clipboard instead of making screenshots.

For the time being copy

Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\water\tundrastreamtransition01_CBEEB188_dyndolod_lod.nif
to 
Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\tundrastreamtransition01_CBEEB188_dyndolod_lod.nif

My upload of DynDOLOD Standalone Alpha-74 with the updated path info got delayed. Once DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 74 is out that should be fixed.

Sorry, my English is very poor, so I used screenshots and logs. Thank you for updating. I'm trying to update

For some weird unexplicable reason, Solstheim is all buggy when using Seasons of Skyrim, and the issue is related to LODs. Most of the Tree LODs don't work (Some do, especially the snapped trees, I assume this is because they are objects, not trees), and a lot of the various buildings don't want to have LOD either (Miraak's Temple, or the Bulwark, all of the Stones or even the wreck on the south west side of the island, and many other ones, though not the imperial buildings in Raven Rock).

Disabling Seasons of Skyrim seems to fix the issue, making me suspect that it may be an issue with that specific plugin, but despite this, LODs work everywhere else even with the SoS mod enabled (Blackreach, Falmer Valley, Soul Cairn, Apocrypha, and so on all work regardless of the plugins).

I do not know if this is an issue with DynDOLOD failing to generate/load seasonal LODs for Solstheim specifically, or Seasons of Skyrim failing to load/swap them, or the mods failing to fall back on default non-seasonal LODs.

I will be happy to provide any specific Logs or config files as needed, because I do not know what exactly to provide, or if this is even an issue with DynDOLOD. I am using DynDOLOD Resources Alpha 21 and DynDOLOD Alpha 74 and Seasons of Skyrim 1.6.1 (plus some additional things that haven't changed anything when testing).