DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

20 hours ago, z929669 said:

Running latest alpha for the first time after upgrade from Alpha 44 (clean directory). TexGen runs fine, but DynDOLODx64 is failing without reson. LODGenx64 completes without issue long after DynDOLOD fails. No bugreport.txt, and no DynDOLOD log or debug log generated. Tree report is fine.

This is now acting like my xLODGenx64 unresolved issues.

I am running DynDOLOD in the same manner with same settings as I have been for months now. Alpha 44 ran without issue, and this is essentially a repeat using Alpha 47.

It seems the error occurred during logging of this file or immediately after:

App window closed.

Event:

Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x615ec9a2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0xc9db1934
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f99
Faulting process id: 0x7c08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7be43e42f7282
Faulting application path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dd705d9e-af4b-46e4-acd9-879a7c1b1261
Faulting package full name:

EDIT: Ran without issue the second try. No changes otherwise.

EDIT2: This is my first time experiencing this. Not a DynDOLOD issue but rather a model issue I am thinking. The aspen hybrids are very dark relative to full and other trees seem fine. Any idea offhand what might cause this? Using default TexGen settings, and only the aspens seem impacted. I'm thinking it is something with the crowns, but they are copied over from the full models as usual. Model examples follow if you care to have a look (tree mesh rule is Level0/Level1/Level2 with all else default):

SkyrimSE 2021-10-10 22-31-30-27.jpg

@sheson Setting string to SphereNormals at BsTriShape node resolved!

SkyrimSE 2021-10-11 18-05-15-32.jpg

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

I just want to point out that I believe the doc states (or sheson stated somewhere) that transition changes should be tested with collision and without speedmult ≥ 500. I do all of my LOD testing without collision and at high speed in sneak mode, but not for transitions (which are fairly stark when flying around like this).

I still think this is important for LOD testing regardless. Player speed is much slower than this and depending on the load on a system, it can result in the player being closer to the transition that would normally be possible. Furthermore, because of the distant shadows in ENB, trees appear different from above than below and thus should be assessed from the perspective they're seen most, below.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

If grass LOD was generated with mode 1 and the gap goes away when using uGridsToLoad 5, then NGIO might be hardcoded to 5 cells for DynDOLODGrassMode = 1.

If that is the case set Set DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 and use mode 2 for grass LOD generation to use uLargeRefLODGridSize cells distance.
Or keep using sane uGridsToLoad 5.

Setting GrassMode to 2 seems to be working much better though I'm still not convinced it's working correctly with both full grass and lod grass sometimes being loaded at the same time. I have opened up a bug report on the NGIO page, hopefully meh321 will get back to me. If not, I might bug him on Discord. XD Thanks!

@AiElias

What I would do is set DynDOLODGrassMode=0 and define the grass distance to the appropriate distance for uGridsToLoad=7:

OverwriteGrassDistance=10240
OverwriteGrassFadeRange=15824

I believe NGIO works out all things to do with iGrassCellRadius automatically. You would set DynDOLOD to setting 1 on grass LOD generation since you are specifying only to render full grass to uGridsToLoad=7 and not the Large Ref distance.

7 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, this mod called Skyrim Platform just released and it also has an easier way to convert .psc files to .ts files. Can you please update this to speed up the scripting processes?

Let me know! :)

Explain how this is supposed to speed up anything.
The crucial parts for the large array data are already compiled SKSE DLL plugins.

Or the other way around, what part of the current scripting do you believe could be or needs speeding up?

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson Setting string to SphereNormals at BsTriShape node resolved!

SkyrimSE 2021-10-11 18-05-15-32.jpg

That is fantastic. Good to know this works. I may add that it's done automatically for the cases where "crown" needs the face normal spell.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Explain how this is supposed to speed up anything.
The crucial parts for the large array data are already compiled SKSE DLL plugins.

Or the other way around, what part of the current scripting do you believe could be or needs speeding up?

That is fantastic. Good to know this works. I may add that it's done automatically for the cases where "crown" needs the face normal spell.

To be honest idk, I just saw that it said it speeds things up and went with that. Sorry.

On 10/9/2021 at 7:24 PM, sheson said:

Also upload the log and debug log as explained tin the frst post.

Check the mentioned plugin with xEdit error check.

In case the record is being overwritten by another plugin error check that, too.

Hey, here's the other logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOhiRz2mCbaa1L19UoNV5aRADx1Tq2rM/view?usp=sharing

also, when checking for errors these came up:

[00:00] ArnimaHammerWeaponMGEF "Hammer" [MGEF:1017ADC1]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [1017ADC7] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] ArnimaRangerDirectionEnchantment "Direction Ench" [ENCH:1054817D]
[00:00]     ENCH \ Effects \ Effect \ EFID - Base Effect -> Found a NULL reference, expected: MGEF
[00:10] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:21] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:31] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:41] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:42] ArnimaDenizeQuestDVDenizeZenalta [DLBR:102CAD3C]
[00:42]     DLBR \ SNAM - Starting Topic -> Found a NULL reference, expected: DIAL

Not sure what they mean if anything, but doesn't look like anything to do with world spaces. But I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, here's the other logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOhiRz2mCbaa1L19UoNV5aRADx1Tq2rM/view?usp=sharing

also, when checking for errors these came up:

[00:00] ArnimaHammerWeaponMGEF "Hammer" [MGEF:1017ADC1]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [1017ADC7] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] ArnimaRangerDirectionEnchantment "Direction Ench" [ENCH:1054817D]
[00:00]     ENCH \ Effects \ Effect \ EFID - Base Effect -> Found a NULL reference, expected: MGEF
[00:10] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:21] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:31] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:41] still checking for Errors in [10] arnima.esm
[00:42] ArnimaDenizeQuestDVDenizeZenalta [DLBR:102CAD3C]
[00:42]     DLBR \ SNAM - Starting Topic -> Found a NULL reference, expected: DIAL

Not sure what they mean if anything, but doesn't look like anything to do with world spaces. But I'm not sure.

Is that "Checking for errors failed" repeatable and always the same record REFR:1227A9C0 ?

Does it happen if you only select the ArnimaVoid worldspace?

Is any plugin overwriting 1227A9C0 ?

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

Is that "Checking for errors failed" repeatable and always the same record REFR:1227A9C0 ?

Does it happen if you only select the ArnimaVoid worldspace?

Is any plugin overwriting 1227A9C0 ?

I tried re running texgen today and this error came up:

Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01.dds to D:\Mods\Mod packs\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified.

I only changed 1 thing in the DynDOLOD folder and that was to run it with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56367/ (I changed Level32=1). I also ran it tiwce and do have BDS. Here's my modlist: https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123

Unfortunately I can't currently check whether or not it is a repeatable error. I do also have my UAC settings on never notify and I only have Windows Defender has my AV. How do I find the reference in xEdit? I tried by searching every form ID which was listed in the debug log but that didn't really help me. I managed to find it in the end and there's nothing overwriting it. This was it: [CELL:1005FCE8] (in ArnimaVoid "Scuttling Void" [WRLD:1005E764] at -5,-3) it's a placed object under: [10] arnima.esm (AAE5C2BB) \ Worldspace \ 1005E764 <ArnimaVoid> \ Block -1, -1 \ Sub-Block -1, -1 \ 1005FCE8 \ Temporary \ 1027A9C0 . Hope that helps. Here's a link to my texgen logs: https://easyupload.io/ba4ivr

Edited by mattski123

31 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

I tried re running texgen today and this error came up:

Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01.dds to D:\Mods\Mod packs\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified.

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post.

The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
It is also possible another process or program is accessing the same folder or file and this preventing write access. In case closing other programs does not help, a reboot typically helps in these cases.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc

Search the forum for the error message as explained on the first post.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=system cannot find path specified&search_and_or=and

I also ran it tiwce and do have BDS.

You have what? You mean BSD? Blues Screen of Death is caused by hardware, BIOS settings, OS, driver problems etc.

How do I find the reference in xEdit?

Load entire load order into xEdit. Enter the form ID into the FormID field top left and hit Enter.

Remember to adjust the first two digits to the load order ID shown for arnima.esm

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post.

The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
It is also possible another process or program is accessing the same folder or file and this preventing write access. In case closing other programs does not help, a reboot typically helps in these cases.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc

Search the forum for the error message as explained on the first post.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=system cannot find path specified&search_and_or=and

You have what? You mean BSD? Blues Screen of Death is caused by hardware, BIOS settings, OS, driver problems etc.

Load entire load order into xEdit. Enter the form ID into the FormID field top left and hit Enter.

Remember to adjust the first two digits to the load order ID shown for arnima.esm

thank you! I have now gone and added the files and folders to my Windows Defender exceptions list. And as I said I don't have any other antivirus or anything. And my UAC settings are set to never notify if that's the right way to do it. No sorry BDS stands for better dynamic snow. And I actually didn't even know slash realize that the first two letters/numbers in X edit will literally the load order ID's. Thank you for telling me that! Because I didn't know that before.

Texgen ran very smoothly and after running arnimavoid ALONE it happily lets me save and exit. I will have to try to run the full dynDOLOD tomorrow. Incl other world spaces. Any other trobuleshooting tips?

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

What I would do is set DynDOLODGrassMode=0 and define the grass distance to the appropriate distance for uGridsToLoad=7:

OverwriteGrassDistance=10240
OverwriteGrassFadeRange=15824

I believe NGIO works out all things to do with iGrassCellRadius automatically. You would set DynDOLOD to setting 1 on grass LOD generation since you are specifying only to render full grass to uGridsToLoad=7 and not the Large Ref distance.

Good call, I'll give this a go. I'm not entirely sure how the distance calculation is handled by the game but assuming fGrassStartFadeDistance and fGrassFadeRange are both distances in radius from the player, with uGrids 7, those can both be set to 12288? Or is it like uGrids because grass is also rendered in squares so fGrassStartFadeDistance == L/W == 28672? I don't really see a reason to use fade with grass LOD.

Since the last update, some error messages start to appear when the program runs.
The first message was:
[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: The [KYWD: 01AF0500] record in the FlowerGirls SE.esm file is being replaced with the [GLOB: 01AF0500] record in the Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore the wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.
[00:08] Background Loader: Computer says "[KYWD: 01AF0500] record in Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file is being replaced by [GLOB: 01AF0500] record in Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore the wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins. "

I was able to solve this problem in SSEEdit, by changing FormID.

The second error message is:

[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: Record [LVLI:060012C4] in file Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp is being overridden by record [WEAP:040012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.
[00:08] Background Loader: Computer says "Record [LVLI:060012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp is being overridden by record [WEAP:040012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins."

The problem is that, unlike the previous case, I can't find the records [LVLI:060012C4] in file Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp and the record [LVLI:060012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. They do not appear in SSEEdit. It's like they don't exist.

1 hour ago, fodamaster2 said:

Since the last update, some error messages start to appear when the program runs.
The first message was:
[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: The [KYWD: 01AF0500] record in the FlowerGirls SE.esm file is being replaced with the [GLOB: 01AF0500] record in the Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore the wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.
[00:08] Background Loader: Computer says "[KYWD: 01AF0500] record in Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file is being replaced by [GLOB: 01AF0500] record in Thieves Guild Requirements.esp file. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore the wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins. "

I was able to solve this problem in SSEEdit, by changing FormID.

The second error message is:

[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: Record [LVLI:060012C4] in file Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp is being overridden by record [WEAP:040012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.
[00:08] Background Loader: Computer says "Record [LVLI:060012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp is being overridden by record [WEAP:040012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins."

The problem is that, unlike the previous case, I can't find the records [LVLI:060012C4] in file Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp and the record [LVLI:060012C4] in file ACE Archery.esp. They do not appear in SSEEdit. It's like they don't exist.

These messages are from the xEdit Background loader.

Are you using a recent xEdit version?
https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/releases

What did you do to any of these plugins initially that they have these errors?

5 hours ago, AiElias said:

Good call, I'll give this a go. I'm not entirely sure how the distance calculation is handled by the game but assuming fGrassStartFadeDistance and fGrassFadeRange are both distances in radius from the player, with uGrids 7, those can both be set to 12288? Or is it like uGrids because grass is also rendered in squares so fGrassStartFadeDistance == L/W == 28672? I don't really see a reason to use fade with grass LOD.

Grass is rendered in a radius. With uGridsToLoad=5, the iGrassCellRadius is 2. With uGridsToLoad=7, iGrassCellRadius is 3. 

NGIO is able to decouple the iGrassCellRadius from the uGridsToLoad, however, since its ExtendGrassDistance overrides the cell buffer to allow the farther distance. 

Shortest distance from player to edge of uGridsToLoad=7 is 2.5 cells x 4096 = 10240. Set fGrassStartFadeDistance to that value. Farthest distance possible is 4.5 hypotenuses x 5792 = 26064. Subtract the fGrassStartFadeDistance (10240) from that, result is 15824. Set the fGrassFadeRange onto that. Maximum grass draw distance is fGrassStartFadeDistance + fGrassFadeRange = 26064.

fGrassFadeRange is not a true fade. Check the difference in game and you will see this. 

bEnableGrassFade should be set to 0 to disable the grass fade effect. This has nothing to do with fGrassFadeRange. 

5 hours ago, sheson said:

These messages are from the xEdit Background loader.

Are you using a recent xEdit version?
https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/releases

What did you do to any of these plugins initially that they have these errors?

I'm using the latest version of SSEEdit available on Nexus Mods.
I really didn't do anything with the mentioned plugins. The only thing must have been one or two WACCF updates, always downloading from the Nexus Mods.