DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

hi sheson, i kept getting consistent and repeatable crashes when trying to go to Ivarstead. the crashes only stopped after i disabled dyndolod. i understand this might be a problem unique to my load order and there are lots of variables that contribute to crashes. if you have the time, please take a look at the SKSE crashlog, and dyndolod logs that i have provided here. maybe there is a bug in the latest release or it was a user error by me during generation. thanks for your good work. 

Dyndolod Logs - Google Drive

26 minutes ago, tropez92 said:

hi sheson, i kept getting consistent and repeatable crashes when trying to go to Ivarstead. the crashes only stopped after i disabled dyndolod. i understand this might be a problem unique to my load order and there are lots of variables that contribute to crashes. if you have the time, please take a look at the SKSE crashlog, and dyndolod logs that i have provided here. maybe there is a bug in the latest release or it was a user error by me during generation. thanks for your good work. 

Dyndolod Logs - Google Drive

Ignore CLA. It is full of nonsense.

The crash at address SkyrimSE.exe+0D6DDDA is known since years to be either a problem with virtual memory/page file or with the reported texture
        Directory Name: "data\TEXTURES\Plants\"
        File Name: "fallforestshrub01.dds"
        Prefix: "C:\01. Games\Eldergleam\Game Root\"

If the reported texture is always the same, it is most likely the reason (corrupt, unsupported compression format, not power of 2 or multiple of 4). If it changes or no texture is listed with the same crash address, make sure the OS handles virtual memory/page file and that the the system doe snot run out of video memory / VRAM. Another suggestion might be to manually set virtual memory / page file to a specific setting, in that case I would suggest to not go over the amount of physical memory initially.

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 177

hello i've recently tried to get dyndolod again after a failed attempt from a few months back and now im getting a weird error

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Assertion failure (E:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 8941)

strange thing is i don't even have a E drive so this error makes no sense... anyone know what it means?

30 minutes ago, RYTY said:

hello i've recently tried to get dyndolod again after a failed attempt from a few months back and now im getting a weird error

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Assertion failure (E:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 8941)

strange thing is i don't even have a E drive so this error makes no sense... anyone know what it means?

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload.

Did the message not have a link Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message that opens https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages?
Assertion failure
Always use the latest version of DynDOLOD/TexGen as explained above.
If the assertion failure is a 100% repeatable, it might be caused by a broken plugin.
Clean and error check the load order with xEdit before generating LOD as explained above.
If the assertion failure is not 100% repeatable or no error can be found in plugins, it could be a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

Hi Sheson,

I have an LOD model with vertex colors that are not being carried over into the generated LOD. I have included some log files as well as the LOD model itself and a quad of the generated LOD so you can see the result: https://ufile.io/n4yy7pab
The base formID is 05101261, and an example ref is 050A0357. The corresponding shapes in the generated LOD file are blocks 158 and 164.

Is there something I am missing or is this a bug?

I am getting this error which I don't know how to fix:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: [FE0676D1] <Error: Could not be resolved 2 >Material.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Here are my logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mosla8knxioyg11j85q7l/bugreport.txt?rlkey=5y26qpsrgh2cy2rker77opyhc&st=4yfp8opu&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/huuarmtk2q3zxay7ldmbc/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?rlkey=mdsb01lcch1ryutooclia4bua&st=f18aclkh&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iwilbra7kb3vet5dlaxny/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?rlkey=5sd9l0xzyowcweyh4k4s6839u&st=dyi6wqsv&dl=0

Looks like the OP still refers to Alpha 176, and I'm not seeing the 177 changelog. Maybe you are still working on the doc update piece, but thought I'd let you know. The Mega source references 177, and the executable looks right.

image.png

image.png

5 hours ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Hi Sheson,

I have an LOD model with vertex colors that are not being carried over into the generated LOD. I have included some log files as well as the LOD model itself and a quad of the generated LOD so you can see the result: https://ufile.io/n4yy7pab
The base formID is 05101261, and an example ref is 050A0357. The corresponding shapes in the generated LOD file are blocks 158 and 164.

Is there something I am missing or is this a bug?

The vertex colors of rocktundraland01_lod_1.nif you uploaded are all white, which is the same as not having vertex colors.
This means they might be optimized away sometimes - (depends on other assets it is merged with).

Keep at least one color channel per shape <= 0.9.
Is there a reason you are changing the vertex colors too and not just the alpha presumably because of the custom shader cover you are doing?
We might want to use a method of uniquely naming these custom LOD assets so it doesn't end up in overwriting lots of DynDOLOD Resources having filename collisions.

5 hours ago, BuddyKidd said:

I am getting this error which I don't know how to fix:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: [FE0676D1] <Error: Could not be resolved 2 >Material.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Here are my logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mosla8knxioyg11j85q7l/bugreport.txt?rlkey=5y26qpsrgh2cy2rker77opyhc&st=4yfp8opu&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/huuarmtk2q3zxay7ldmbc/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?rlkey=mdsb01lcch1ryutooclia4bua&st=f18aclkh&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iwilbra7kb3vet5dlaxny/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt?rlkey=5sd9l0xzyowcweyh4k4s6839u&st=dyi6wqsv&dl=0

It seems like you flagged plugins as light plugins without compacting them first. For example:
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Farmhouse Chimneys patches Merged.esp
Cathedral Weathers.esp

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Invalid-Object-ID

Restore the broken plugins with valid ones.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

Looks like the OP still refers to Alpha 176, and I'm not seeing the 177 changelog. Maybe you are still working on the doc update piece, but thought I'd let you know. The Mega source references 177, and the executable looks right.

image.png

image.png

Fixed the first post.
If you do not see the new changelog, clear the browsers cache.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

The vertex colors of rocktundraland01_lod_1.nif you uploaded are all white, which is the same as not having vertex colors.
This means they might be optimized away sometimes - (depends on other assets it is merged with).

Keep at least one color channel per shape <= 0.9.
Is there a reason you are changing the vertex colors too and not just the alpha presumably because of the custom shader cover you are doing?
We might want to use a method of uniquely naming these custom LOD assets so it doesn't end up in overwriting lots of DynDOLOD Resources having filename collisions.

Ah! I haven't even realized I set the vertex colors to all white. That explains that!

Filename collisions are a concern I have wondered about. Generally I try to keep the filename and path as close as possible between the full model and LOD model. Is there any existing convention for when a single full model requires two different LOD models due to the directional shader?

15 minutes ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Ah! I haven't even realized I set the vertex colors to all white. That explains that!

Filename collisions are a concern I have wondered about. Generally I try to keep the filename and path as close as possible between the full model and LOD model. Is there any existing convention for when a single full model requires two different LOD models due to the directional shader?

Not yet like that. I will have to add something.
I think looking for LOD filenames plus the EditorID of the shader should work.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

Not yet like that. I will have to add something.
I think looking for LOD filenames plus the EditorID of the shader should work.

Would the name need to be specific to the individual shader? The vertex alpha makes it possible for the model to receive any LOD shader. And on a practical level, we have multiple full detail moss shaders which end up using the same LOD moss shader. Maybe something more generic like "rocktundraland01_lod_1_mato.nif" ?

4 hours ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Would the name need to be specific to the individual shader? The vertex alpha makes it possible for the model to receive any LOD shader. And on a practical level, we have multiple full detail moss shaders which end up using the same LOD moss shader. Maybe something more generic like "rocktundraland01_lod_1_mato.nif" ?

We could then use a config file that lists the MATO records and their substitute strings similar to how TextureSets worked in the past before the automatic replacement and LOD texture generation.

See ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_textures_names.txt as example
[pluginname];[zero form id];[string]
zero form ID = load order ID = 00 for full plugin or 00000 for light plugin

Create a new file DynDOLOD_SSE_material_names.txt. Put yours into ..\Data\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_material_names.txt
Make sure to use a hopefully unique string. For example:
Skywind.esm;00345678;sw-moss
Skywind.esm;00654321;sw-moss
Next test or alpha version could then look for rocktundraland01_sw-moss_lod_1.nif if a base record uses any of those material records.
In case the filename does not exists, it falls back to normal filename.