DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, bm257d said:

im only asking because i didnt see it mentioned in the posy, in the "dyndolod/edit scripts/dyndolod/dyndolod_sse.ini" you have set grass=1? 

if this isnt the issue and someone is able to work out what it is can you let me know, just because my issue seems very similar

Ah, yeah, it's in this link. I thought that setting was necessary for grass LOD to be generated after reading the GrassLOD help file. 

Are certain grass mods incompatible? I use QW's Grass Patch.

3 hours ago, Yuina said:

Hi, first of all, thank you so much for DynDOLOD.

I've spent the last few days trying to generate grass LOD and I think something is just not working. I can see a clear cutoff line for grass in these screenshots. Here is my GrassControl.config, fwiw. I'm trying to make this work with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2, so I have GrassLargeReference=1 in my \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.

Thank you for the checklist, btw

• Check in the mod manager that there are ..\Data\Grass\[Worldspace]*.cgid grass cache files for the worldspace in the load order. Yes, the grass precaching finished successfully; I have about 7500 .cgid files at around 1.15 GB
  • Make sure TexGen is generating grass LOD billboards for grasses by checking its log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_log.txt. Pay attention to error messages and fix them. No errors that I can see; a ton of messages like Creating billboard C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\folkvangr - grass and landscape overhaul.esp\grass_mxgrassdry_marsh_large_0000087a with Meshes\landscape\grass\grass_mxgrassdry_marsh_large.nif Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp Grass_MXGrassDry_Marsh_Large [GRAS:FE01F87A] Full log here
  • Check the grass LOD billboards textures in the TexGen output with an image viewer show grass and are not fully transparent. Yes, I see a bunch of these, they're tiny and very pixelated grasses
  • Check the DynDOLOD debug log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt contains <Notice: [Worldspace] Gathering grass data for object LOD> Yes, output is too large for Paste.ee but I see the "Gathering grass data" message for each worldspace
  • Check the DynDOLOD log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt that there were no errors in the LODGen log and check the LODGen log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_[Worldspace]_log.txt directly that its last line is Code: 0. Yes, no errors in the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and my LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log is also too big for Paste.ee but it does end with Code: 0
  • Check the object LOD atlas ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_[Worldspace].dds contains some of the grass LOD billboards generated by TexGen. Yes, I have two atlas files for Tamriel, but I think I see the grass sprites in  DynDOLOD_Tamriel00
  • Check the export file ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[Worldspace].txt contains a line like GrassMap=..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt. Check that GrassDensity is not 0. If it is very low, grass LOD may be very thin to non-existent. Yes, the file is too large for me to upload fully, but here's  partial output for LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel Grass density is 100 and GrassMap=C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt
  • Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt contains lines with grass LOD billboard texture names and paths in it. full file here I find this one a bit suspicious -- is that really all the grass billboards I have?
  • Open ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\[Worldspace]\Objects\[Worldspace].4.x.y.bto and check visually if there is grass LOD in there. The many tiny X planes will be obvious.
  • To find a BTO that contains grass LOD, set expert=1 and verbose=1 in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to start DynDOLOD in expert mode. Select the worldspace and click Execute LODGen. Once its done, check the LODGen log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_[Worldspace]_log.txt for lines like "Found z grass placements for LOD level 4 coord [x, y]". Check the BTO for the mentioned coordinates. This looks right to my untrained eye. Here's a screenshot of one of my btos in nifskopeI think the little x's are the grass LODs, right?

Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide -- I'm missing something dumb, right?

Give these settings a try: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#Grass_LOD_Configuration

... I also suggest turning OFF grass LODGen to delineate between LOD issues and NGIO issues. I am guessing that your grass distances in NGIO are probably very low. We have found that higher distance settings work nicely. Links to the DynDOLOD and NGIO settings are in the instructions I linked above. Also, don't test any of this with ENB enabled, which adds yet another degree of freedom.

Baby steps. Too many variables can make finding the optimal config intimidating. Once you have things as you like with NGIO, then you can mess with grass LODGen. Then you can mess with your ENB config.

9 minutes ago, Yuina said:

Ah, yeah, it's in this link. I thought that setting was necessary for grass LOD to be generated after reading the GrassLOD help file. 

Many mods have mistakes. Few are perfect, so yes, many (most?) grass mods are not completely compatible with LOD requirements. The same can be said for many tree mods.

46 minutes ago, Yuina said:

i was changing to this mod when i first had the issue of it not generating any grass lod, i then tried them all individually afterwards and i dont think any of them worked. as far as i can remember veydosebrom worked before then, but maybe im just remembering it wrong. clearly i dont have much knowledge on this subject but i would assume its the same issue

52 minutes ago, Yuina said:

Yes, this is required as the settings I linked previously will instruct. Only if you want to generate grass LOD though. As I mentioned, I think it is useful to get NGIO how you like first, as if DynDOLOD will not be used. Then you only need to change a setting in NGIO and in DynDOLOD configs to generate and add LOD. Now you have a LOD/no-LOD compare.

i do wanna just say thank you to anyone developing or helping with development of this mod, i always struggled with skyrim because of how horrific the lod pop in looked. dyndolod makes the game far more playable, and does this in a really intuitive way. so thank you for all the time being spent on this. this link is just to a screenshot of my whiterun tundra (no enb) https://ufile.io/i2fycl1s

5 hours ago, Yuina said:

Hi, first of all, thank you so much for DynDOLOD.

I've spent the last few days trying to generate grass LOD and I think something is just not working. I can see a clear cutoff line for grass in these screenshots. Here is my GrassControl.config, fwiw. I'm trying to make this work with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2, so I have GrassLargeReference=1 in my \Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.

Thank you for the checklist, btw

• Check in the mod manager that there are ..\Data\Grass\[Worldspace]*.cgid grass cache files for the worldspace in the load order. Yes, the grass precaching finished successfully; I have about 7500 .cgid files at around 1.15 GB
  • Make sure TexGen is generating grass LOD billboards for grasses by checking its log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_log.txt. Pay attention to error messages and fix them. No errors that I can see; a ton of messages like Creating billboard C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\folkvangr - grass and landscape overhaul.esp\grass_mxgrassdry_marsh_large_0000087a with Meshes\landscape\grass\grass_mxgrassdry_marsh_large.nif Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp Grass_MXGrassDry_Marsh_Large [GRAS:FE01F87A] Full log here
  • Check the grass LOD billboards textures in the TexGen output with an image viewer show grass and are not fully transparent. Yes, I see a bunch of these, they're tiny and very pixelated grasses
  • Check the DynDOLOD debug log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt contains <Notice: [Worldspace] Gathering grass data for object LOD> Yes, output is too large for Paste.ee but I see the "Gathering grass data" message for each worldspace
  • Check the DynDOLOD log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt that there were no errors in the LODGen log and check the LODGen log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_[Worldspace]_log.txt directly that its last line is Code: 0. Yes, no errors in the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and my LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log is also too big for Paste.ee but it does end with Code: 0
  • Check the object LOD atlas ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_[Worldspace].dds contains some of the grass LOD billboards generated by TexGen. Yes, I have two atlas files for Tamriel, but I think I see the grass sprites in  DynDOLOD_Tamriel00
  • Check the export file ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[Worldspace].txt contains a line like GrassMap=..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt. Check that GrassDensity is not 0. If it is very low, grass LOD may be very thin to non-existent. Yes, the file is too large for me to upload fully, but here's  partial output for LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel Grass density is 100 and GrassMap=C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt
  • Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt contains lines with grass LOD billboard texture names and paths in it. full file here I find this one a bit suspicious -- is that really all the grass billboards I have?
  • Open ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\[Worldspace]\Objects\[Worldspace].4.x.y.bto and check visually if there is grass LOD in there. The many tiny X planes will be obvious.
  • To find a BTO that contains grass LOD, set expert=1 and verbose=1 in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to start DynDOLOD in expert mode. Select the worldspace and click Execute LODGen. Once its done, check the LODGen log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_[Worldspace]_log.txt for lines like "Found z grass placements for LOD level 4 coord [x, y]". Check the BTO for the mentioned coordinates. This looks right to my untrained eye. Here's a screenshot of one of my btos in nifskopeI think the little x's are the grass LODs, right?

Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide -- I'm missing something dumb, right?

The BTO shows grass LOD, so grass LOD is working as expected.

If not all grasses have LOD, see the troubleshooting section of the second post. Especially the first entry about the object bounds.

From the LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt we can see there 46 grass billboards in the load order. This is probably not all of them.

3 hours ago, Yuina said:

Oh, I can totally upload my DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_Log and LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log on ufile, can't I? Hope that works.

Read the first post what log files to include when making posts. In particular the debug log of TexGen.

The TexGen debug log contains information of trees/grass skipped for billboard generation because of too small bounds for example.

1 hour ago, Yuina said:

No mod grass is incompatible. Mods can be missing properly generated object bounds data in the base record. Then either use CK to add them or force generation of billboards via the config files as explain in docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.htm

Hi Sheson and DynDOLOD devs. Good day!

I am facing an issue when I start DynDOLOD 3.

ERROR:

[Main Instruction]
Can not find file meshes\creationclub\eejsse001\architecture\eej_shackextstub.nif.

[Content]
Make sure the DynDOLOD Resources SE archive downloaded completely and all the required Core Files have been installed.

I have the latest version of dyndolod resources installed. I also tried installing and running Creation Kit but still the problem persists. I also made sure no packs, like majestic mountains 3 pack or HD LODS Textures, do not overwrite dyndolod resources in MO2.

I was able to run texgen without an issue.

Could you please help me?

Screenshot (83).png

2 hours ago, jkp993 said:

Hi Sheson and DynDOLOD devs. Good day!

I am facing an issue when I start DynDOLOD 3.

ERROR:

[Main Instruction]
Can not find file meshes\creationclub\eejsse001\architecture\eej_shackextstub.nif.

[Content]
Make sure the DynDOLOD Resources SE archive downloaded completely and all the required Core Files have been installed.

I have the latest version of dyndolod resources installed. I also tried installing and running Creation Kit but still the problem persists. I also made sure no packs, like majestic mountains 3 pack or HD LODS Textures, do not overwrite dyndolod resources in MO2.

I was able to run texgen without an issue.

Could you please help me?

Screenshot (83).png

See first post on this topic (also second post). It sounds like you have the SkyrimLE-compatible Resources rather than the SkyrimSE-compatible Resources. It's easy to grab the wrong one (as I did just the other day).

image.png

22 minutes ago, z929669 said:

See first post on this topic (also second post). It sounds like you have the SkyrimLE-compatible Resources rather than the SkyrimSE-compatible Resources. It's easy to grab the wrong one (as I did just the other day).

image.png

Yes that was the problem. Rectified it by downloading the version hosted on Nexus. Thank you for the reply! DynDOLOD completed successfully (for tamriel). Now generating occlusion. Can't wait to see the results!!

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what log files to include when making posts. In particular the debug log of TexGen.

The TexGen debug log contains information of trees/grass skipped for billboard generation because of too small bounds for example.

When I was posting I was thinking, be sure to include all the logs so sheson doesn't have to tell you to read the first post, and yet... 

I don't have a ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log

TexGen_SSE_log

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log

I actually find the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log to be a bit suspicious -- tons of the "Ignoring Meshes\path\to\mesh.nif bounds volume 0" messages that you mention. I'm going to read the TexGenConfiguration doc and see if I can get smarter.

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

Yes, this is required as the settings I linked previously will instruct. Only if you want to generate grass LOD though. As I mentioned, I think it is useful to get NGIO how you like first, as if DynDOLOD will not be used. Then you only need to change a setting in NGIO and in DynDOLOD configs to generate and add LOD. Now you have a LOD/no-LOD compare.

You were very correct that my NGIO was messed up. In fact, it wasn't working at all, due to a snafu up the dependency chain that I'm incredibly glad to be aware of now. Things look much better with it working! Thank you so much.

tap-the-sign.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Feuerkl1nge said:

Majestic Mountains LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3

Can I use that with my port of Real Roads instead of Blended Roads?
If not can you please fix it because Real Roads is an important alternative due to it's different behavior.

Could you explain what overlap the Majestic Mountains LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 would have with the Real Roads which does not contain any LOD models or textures or what might require fixing?

6 hours ago, Yuina said:

I actually find the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log to be a bit suspicious -- tons of the "Ignoring Meshes\path\to\mesh.nif bounds volume 0" messages that you mention. I'm going to read the TexGenConfiguration doc and see if I can get smarter.

Second post which is a copy of  docs\help\GrassLOD.html, "Troubleshooting" section first entry:

Not all grass types have LOD / grass LOD billboards
Check that TexGen generates grass LOD billboards for all desired grass types. Plugins from mods often forget to set object bounds on base records, which filters them out from automatic tree/grass LOD billboard generation. See TexGen Configuration for further details.

It refers to the "Tree/Grass LOD Billboards" section in docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html which explains the importance of object bounds and how to use CK to generate them.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Could you explain what overlap the Majestic Mountains LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3 would have with the Real Roads which does not contain any LOD models or textures or what might require fixing?

The mod requirements suggests an incompatibility to the vanilla roads which usually also affects Real Roads. Why should you be able to read such a mod requirement otherwise?

At the same time I know Majestic Mountains indeed has some adjustments/optimizations for Blended Roads. If I remember right T4gtr34um3r recomments to use it with Blended Roads.

At the same there might be a possibility to generate some lod of Real Roads meshes for near grid.

1 hour ago, Feuerkl1nge said:

The mod requirements suggests an incompatibility to the vanilla roads which usually also affects Real Roads. Why should you be able to read such a mod requirement otherwise?

At the same time I know Majestic Mountains indeed has some adjustments/optimizations for Blended Roads. If I remember right T4gtr34um3r recomments to use it with Blended Roads.

At the same there might be a possibility to generate some lod of Real Roads meshes for near grid.

Sounds like something that should be taken up with T4gtr34um3r.

12 hours ago, Feuerkl1nge said:

Are you confusing the "complementary" packs of Majestic Mountain with the Majestic Mountain LOD pack for DynDOLOD 3  perhaps?

The complementary packs contain full textures (including road textures) and terrain LOD textures. There is no overlap with the LOD packs for mountains that contain object LOD assets.