DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

@sheson

Strange situation here. I suspect user error of some kind, but just in case, I want to confirm that it is NOT possible for TexGen output to place rendered trunk billboards into:

..\Textures\DynDOLOD\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\

Rather than

..\textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\

If possible, I need to convey how to prevent.

Thanks

EDIT: ... it just occurred to me that I am running some of your dev EXEs, including one for TexGenx64.exe ... This may be why. I recall you may have corrected this for me but unsure if it is in the latest DynDOLOD alpha package in the OP

CRC (my version): 1B08A497

CRC in OP Mega download: 25439778

I just included the trunk billboards to the 3D trees file in a small update, so should be good until next version is ready.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson

Strange situation here. I suspect user error of some kind, but just in case, I want to confirm that it is NOT possible for TexGen output to place rendered trunk billboards into:

..\Textures\DynDOLOD\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\

Rather than

..\textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\

If possible, I need to convey how to prevent.

Thanks

EDIT: ... it just occurred to me that I am running some of your dev EXEs, including one for TexGenx64.exe ... This may be why. I recall you may have corrected this for me but unsure if it is in the latest DynDOLOD alpha package in the OP

CRC (my version): 1B08A497

CRC in OP Mega download: 25439778

I just included the trunk billboards to the 3D trees file in a small update, so should be good until next version is ready.

Correct, the output path of rendered billboards will be fixed in the next version.

1 hour ago, ShmooZ said:

Attempting this, just need to know order:

1. DynDOLOD Resources
  2. EVT (with custom tree barks and foilage)
  3. TexGen Output
  4. Grass Cache
  5. DynDOLOD Output

Is this right?

The order of the grass cache does not matter since it has no conflicts, obviously.
Refer to the installation instructions of EVT, however no billboards should be installed when testing the DynDOLOD alpha.

Hello,

I'm trying to generate my LODs using the newest version of Dyndolod 3.00 alpha 33 but for some reason I keep getting this error:

Access violation at address 000000000042B6F7 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i have attached the bug report.

Let me know if you need any other info.

bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, unheiligen said:

Hello,

I'm trying to generate my LODs using the newest version of Dyndolod 3.00 alpha 33 but for some reason I keep getting this error:

Access violation at address 000000000042B6F7 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i have attached the bug report.

Let me know if you need any other info.

bugreport.txt 90.6 kB · 1 download

Read the first post which log files to include when making posts.

35 minutes ago, unheiligen said:

Sorry Sheson my bad, attaching the log file.

though I dont have a dyndolod _debug.log

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 191.67 kB · 1 download bugreport.txt 91.4 kB · 1 download

Obviously, there seems to be a problem with loading Meshes\dungeons\dwemer\facades\combined\dwefacadetowerpt.nif

Let me know which mod replaces it.

25 minutes ago, unheiligen said:

That mod would be Parallax Mesh Patch Collection.

Its weird since i didn't have that mod enabled on MO2. It was installed but since it caused a crash on certain places I disabled it.

I uninstalled it this time.

Re-ran dyndolod various times and still getting the error

bugreport.txt 86.07 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 575.39 kB · 0 downloads

Obviously, the log shows a different file that can not be loaded: Meshes\cotn\dawnstar\dawnstarwalkway.nif

Maybe files got corrupted while downloading, unpacking or while being written to or being read from from the disk into memory.

First off... my apologies for not including the required documents.  Several attempts to copy the DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to Pastebin and Google docs have failed... they just keep freezing up and I'm not sure why (having never used either of them before).  I'm having a small problem though... it seems DynDOLOD is overwriting textures for one mod in my LO.  I'm using Windstad Exterior Additions and the guard walls as well as the foundation for the guard house are white (not purple).  They look fine from a distance with DynDOLOD enabled but turn white as I approach.  If I disable DynDOLOD and TexGen, the textures are normal.  Aside from regenerating TexGen and DynDOLOD and excluding that mod, is there anything else I can do?

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

First off... my apologies for not including the required documents.  Several attempts to copy the DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to Pastebin and Google docs have failed... they just keep freezing up and I'm not sure why (having never used either of them before).  I'm having a small problem though... it seems DynDOLOD is overwriting textures for one mod in my LO.  I'm using Windstad Exterior Additions and the guard walls as well as the foundation for the guard house are white (not purple).  They look fine from a distance with DynDOLOD enabled but turn white as I approach.  If I disable DynDOLOD and TexGen, the textures are normal.  Aside from regenerating TexGen and DynDOLOD and excluding that mod, is there anything else I can do?

Truncate logfiles to the last meaningful generation (debug is always just the last one), zip them and use a file service if they are to large for this forum or pastebin.

DynDOLOD copies base records and updates a LOD flag if necessary.  If the load order changes after generating LOD - for example a mod is added or removed that changes such a base record - the copy will still exist in the DynDOLOD plugin(s) with the old data. Obviously look up the base record of the reference in xEdit to find out and to easily resolve data discrepancy or just generate LOD for the current load order.

If hat is not it obviously check the full model and full texture paths that are being used and see if they somehow became part of the DynDOLOD/TexGen output. Unlikely though but again, there could really only be difference in case mods are added or removed.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, sheson said:

Truncate logfiles to the last meaningful generation (debug is always just the last one), zip them and use a file service if they are to large for this forum or pastebin.

DynDOLOD copies base records and updates a LOD flag if necessary.  If the load order changes after generating LOD - for example a mod is added or removed that changes such a base record - the copy will still exist in the DynDOLOD plugin(s) with the old data. Obviously look up the base record of the reference in xEdit to find out and to easily resolve data discrepancy or just generate LOD for the current load order.

If hat is not it obviously check the full model and full texture paths that are being used and see if they somehow became part of the DynDOLOD/TexGen output. Unlikely though but again, there could really only be difference in case mods are added or removed.

Thank you!  I'm trying to work through this as best I can.  I thought I had it sorted but apparently I've still got a few things to learn.  I may be back with the (proper) logs.  Thanks again.  If nobody has mentioned it lately, your mod absolutely changes SSE in a very radical way.  As soon as I get it figured out... I can start sweating over FO4. 

So i have a problem and no idea how to fix it, i dont even know what the error is suppos to mean :  OpenGL: Source framebuffer objects unsupported 

im too much if a normie to understand this it is some new bug, i had a lot with texGen etc and  somehow managed to fix them but this one i just don understand and i need help understanding it

please help.

I am not 100% sure where to post this, however I will try here.  I would like to know why being the only thing changed in my LOD generation being adding in Blazing Aspens, everything else remaining the same, ASIDE from updating Dyndolod 3.0 off nexus..... (guess I know better then to fix/update something that isn't broken now), has now completely after 26 attempts at rebuilding LODS, nothing comes even close anymore to the fidelity of resolution I had previously with LODS built before adding in Blazing Aspens and updating Dyndolod from Nexus.  

Mods used, Majestic Mountains, Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Aspens Ablaze, CG4 Trees and Bushes

These are before updating pictures

https://i.imgur.com/dEaJev0.png

https://i.imgur.com/le0HUSZ.png

Now however, and NOTE, texture resolution nor texgen settings OR brightness settings, lod settings, etc, have changed. 

https://i.imgur.com/fF4Teqs.png

https://i.imgur.com/cwe8QJe.png

Its a night and day difference, which oddly the aspens I wished to add in work perfectly, and that is it.  Now out of my 26 attempts, which I know was 26 due to noticing outputs I had binned, only the one above got even CLOSE to the original.  I even tried rebuilding the original setup WITHOUT Aspens Ablaze, and the same occurred.  I also noticed the mountain colors changed too, which I find odd.  And yes, all files for LOD are correct and in there proper place.  They actually read perfectly fine, however, even in later attempts adjusting the resolution made zero difference.  Might also add I do have the needed files to generate LOD's, scripts are up to date as well any needed resources.  As well, I build these lods with EXACTY what is needed, I don't add fluff and follow the Step Rules for ini edits in a quarantined environment outside from any other mods.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist in modding, I blame that on my computer engineering degree.   I honestly have no idea how or why the change is so drastic.  Any help on the matter would be appreciated, or, least bring attention to it.

Char~

11 hours ago, pudingsimon said:

So i have a problem and no idea how to fix it, i dont even know what the error is suppos to mean :  OpenGL: Source framebuffer objects unsupported 

im too much if a normie to understand this it is some new bug, i had a lot with texGen etc and  somehow managed to fix them but this one i just don understand and i need help understanding it

please help.

Read the first post of this thread carefully and post the mentioned log files etc.