DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

@sheson I'm optimizing some mesh rules and am not finding (as per "Performance" sec in doc):

Did the file name/location change for mesh counts?

Perhaps it may be in ..\DynDOLOD-3.00\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_{worldspace}.txt?

00000E07	00000000	71609.585938	64077.003906	2981.428223	11.459200	0.000000	63.025398	1.000000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif			
00000E08	00000000	71816.445312	64159.859375	2944.403564	34.377499	0.000000	325.622711	1.000000	RockL03Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl03.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl03_lod_0.nif			
00000E09	00000000	72022.960938	64219.187500	2672.896973	18.178499	2.584900	354.035492	1.530000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif			
00000E0A	00000000	72097.328125	64461.078125	2582.655518	25.023399	323.743011	32.382000	1.000000	RockL01Snow	00010800	Snow	Meshes\landscape\rocks\rockl01.nif	meshes\lod\rocks\rockl01_lod_0.nif

A used mesh list with or without count is not created anymore atm.

The export file is the export file for LODGen. It has a line for every reference that has a static object LOD, obviously.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

Use tfc to make screenshots of LOD close up. Make all screenshots in daylight. 

Is there any difference compared to LOD generated by DynDOLOD 2.x?
Read the first the post what log files to upload/page when making posts.

TexGen/DynDOLOD do not change the snow LOD shaders, which is what is is applied onto the object LOD live in the game . Check in xEdit which plugins modify the material object shaders with form id 00050372 and 006AE38. 

TexGen updates object LOD textures from the currently installed full textures in the load order. The normal map might affect the snow shader.
DynDOLOD uses whatever object LOD textures are currently installed in the load order to add them to the texture atlas.
If normal maps are missing or are low res when TexGen generates object LOD textures or DynDOLOD adds textures to the LOD atlass, I could imagine how that might make the snow LOD shaders look bland.

I don't remember of this issue with DynDOLOD v2.xx, didnt modded my game for a year.

I checked in xEdit and the plugins which  modify form id 00050372 and 006AE38, are Better Dynamic Snow 3.3 and Majestic Mountains.

Sans-titre.png

Is it a load order issue ? 

About the quality of textures installed and their normal maps, i'm using in this order (MO2 left panel) :

Skyrim 2018 (by Pfuscher)/2019/2020 part I/Cleverchaff AIO 2K/ Skyrim 2020 part II

and below : 

Majestic Mountains/Better Dynamic Snow 3.3/Hyperborean Snow

more below :

TB's Towers 4K (which is for bandits towers)

So i think normal maps aren't that bad.

4 minutes ago, K4MI20L said:

I don't remember of this issue with DynDOLOD v2.xx, didnt modded my game for a year.

I checked in xEdit and the plugins which  modify form id 00050372 and 006AE38, are Better Dynamic Snow 3.3 and Majestic Mountains.

Sans-titre.png

Is it a load order issue ? 

About the quality of textures installed and their normal maps, i'm using in this order (MO2 left panel) :

Skyrim 2018 (by Pfuscher)/2019/2020 part I/Cleverchaff AIO 2K/ Skyrim 2020 part II

and below : 

Majestic Mountains/Better Dynamic Snow 3.3/Hyperborean Snow

more below :

TB's Towers 4K (which is for bandits towers)

So i think normal maps aren't that bad.

Make sure to carefully read how to set up those two mods together, The last plugin to overwrite wins. The last plugins set a model, which defines a texture. Those are the things to check.

If there are error messages in the logs about missing normal map textures it means they might be substituted by the default flat normal. But it is more likely to be a problem with the mods modifying the shaders and the texture used by it.

Recently swapped to DynDOLOD 3 to try out the new Grass LOD feature. TexGen seems to have run just fine but DynDOLOD keeps getting stuck after outputting Duplicates not allowed or something along those lines. I'm pretty new to the software as a whole so any help would be appreciated. Included DynDOLOD_SSE_Log.txt  and bugreports.txt as instructed in the first post. If it matters I am using the medium preset which is what I used to use on the older versions.

I read something about the multiple form id's and using the Creation Kit to resolve those, but if that's that's problem here I'm having trouble finding out what exactly needs to be opened and resaved.

https://pastebin.com/KZgvYrwp

Edited by QuantumToaster

8 hours ago, QuantumToaster said:

Recently swapped to DynDOLOD 3 to try out the new Grass LOD feature. TexGen seems to have run just fine but DynDOLOD keeps getting stuck after outputting Duplicates not allowed or something along those lines. I'm pretty new to the software as a whole so any help would be appreciated. Included DynDOLOD_SSE_Log.txt  and bugreports.txt as instructed in the first post. If it matters I am using the medium preset which is what I used to use on the older versions.

I read something about the multiple form id's and using the Creation Kit to resolve those, but if that's that's problem here I'm having trouble finding out what exactly needs to be opened and resaved.

https://pastebin.com/KZgvYrwp

Fix (Resave in CK or xEdit with the Clamp FormID expert option checked) or permanently remove the broken plugin with all the HITME errors. I will need to elevate that to a stop error.

Check the load order for errors with xEdit. They should be fixed as much as possible.

If the error still  happens then, upload the new logs and bugreport,

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson I'm testing presets/performance and want to confirm that SkyrimPrefs.ini setting fTreeLoadDistance only affects billboards and not statics. Is it accurate to say that this setting affects *.btt render distance and not *.bto?

The setting does what it says: It is loading distance for trees.  

See "How LOD works in Skyrim" in the DynDOLOD manual.

The Settings page  of the DynDOLOD Skyui MCM

3 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Sorry, here are the logs. I hope you can help me yet again. Thank you for your patience.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lfZ5Wph1H1VBFi30leVoxpwg_CwpVtIs/view?usp=sharing

Also upload the DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt which should contain both generations. Also would be good to have a debug of the first generation. Remember it gets replaced because it so large.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

The setting does what it says: It is loading distance for trees.  

See "How LOD works in Skyrim" in the DynDOLOD manual.

The Settings page  of the DynDOLOD Skyui MCM

Yes, I read that section several times and looked elsewhere. Nothing explicitly mentions that this setting only has an impact when "Generate tree LOD" is ticked. Just confirming that it is implicit, given how LOD works with tree billboards and *.btt files.

When trees are all rendered as object LOD in LOD 4 zone, fTreeLoadDistance can be 0 or 500000 and there is no difference. Otherwise, it works as expected.

2 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes, I read that section several times and looked elsewhere. Nothing explicitly mentions that this setting only has an impact when "Generate tree LOD" is ticked. Just confirming that it is implicit, given how LOD works with tree billboards and *.btt files.

When trees are all rendered as object LOD in LOD 4 zone, fTreeLoadDistance can be 0 or 500000 and there is no difference. Otherwise, it works as expected.

From "How LOD works":
"Skyrim separates the LOD into 3 different types, the landscape and (large) bodies of water in the *.btr files, the objects in the *.bto files and trees in the *.btt files."
"The landscape *.btr and the object *.bto files are actually nif meshes. The tree *.btt files are an index of x, y, z positions and tree type index numbers. The tree type index numbers point to data in the *.lst file."
"The *.lst file contains the positions and dimensions of tree billboards on the tree LOD atlas texture. The tree LOD system uses this data to build 2 rectangular planes for the 2D billboard tree LOD."

From Terminology:
"Static object LOD generated by LODGen.exe are objects that do not change and are not animated, like buildings or landscape features like mountains and rocks."
"Tree LOD generated by xLODGen for Trees LOD (or CK) are so-called billboard trees that uses two simple 2-sided rectangular models using the gams engine to display traditional tree LOD."
"Tree LOD in static Object LOD is LOD trees done as static object LOD. This can be 3D static trees, billboards or a mixture of both - hybrid LOD trees."

From the ultra tree LOD manual:
"This will turn off traditional tree LOD generation in DynDOLOD.exe and create an empty OUTPUT PATH\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\Tamriel.lst file. This file causes the game to disable all tree traditional billboard tree LOD. Alternatively set fTreeLoadDistance=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini or the DynDOLOD MCM Settings page."

Of course fTreeLoadDistance does not affect object LOD. The fBlock* settings affect object LOD.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Fix (Resave in CK or xEdit with the Clamp FormID expert option checked) or permanently remove the broken plugin with all the HITME errors. I will need to elevate that to a stop error.

Check the load order for errors with xEdit. They should be fixed as much as possible.

If the error still  happens then, upload the new logs and bugreport,

I removed the TNFVanillaHomes.esp which was the one causing the HITME errors and originally it didn't work after rebooting my computer and trying again in the morning DynDOLOD ran properly using the same settings. I had already checked  my modlist for errors but I decided to run DynDOLOD before going in and fixing the ones I knew how to fix and it worked without having to fix the errors, I'll test further and give any relevant updates.

These are the xEdit errors I found some of which I intended to fix if it still didn't work.

https://pastebin.com/6mFgXhkx