DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hi, I apologize if I am posting this to the wrong forum. I am currently using Seasons of Skyrim/Turn of the Seasons with Happy Little Trees and LODgen with Dyndolod3 (using the latest versions of each). LODgen and Dyndolod/TexGen all run great, no problem there. My problem is with one specific tree type in Solstheim that is not replaced by the Happy Little Trees mod, using vanilla assets from  the Dragonborn DLC instead, and it really is an eye sore. Using the console I identified this tree as belonging to the Dragonborn DLC with Base Form ID: 0403383D, Type: Static, Model: DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow.niff.

I tried using SSEEdit to locate the static 0403383D, find all references to it, I double clicked each reference and individually deleted each record referencing this static that way. While this did remove the ugly trees from the game, they remained in my previously generated lods. Unfortunately Dyndolod now crashes with a "reference" error when I try to run it to remove the ugly tree from my lods.

is there a way to go about removing this ugly tree in a way that won't crash Dyndolod?

22 hours ago, ElCapitan8866 said:

Hi, I apologize if I am posting this to the wrong forum. I am currently using Seasons of Skyrim/Turn of the Seasons with Happy Little Trees and LODgen with Dyndolod3 (using the latest versions of each). LODgen and Dyndolod/TexGen all run great, no problem there. My problem is with one specific tree type in Solstheim that is not replaced by the Happy Little Trees mod, using vanilla assets from  the Dragonborn DLC instead, and it really is an eye sore. Using the console I identified this tree as belonging to the Dragonborn DLC with Base Form ID: 0403383D, Type: Static, Model: DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow.niff.

I tried using SSEEdit to locate the static 0403383D, find all references to it, I double clicked each reference and individually deleted each record referencing this static that way. While this did remove the ugly trees from the game, they remained in my previously generated lods. Unfortunately Dyndolod now crashes with a "reference" error when I try to run it to remove the ugly tree from my lods.

is there a way to go about removing this ugly tree in a way that won't crash Dyndolod?

If the process stops with a proper message that explains the cause of the error, then it is not crashing.

If the message has a link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message", then click it to open further explanations and help as explained on the first post.
Unresolved form ids will cause CTD in the game (the game closes without telling you what the problem is)

Do not "delete" base records. To remove objects like trees, "delete" the references, clean the plugin with xEdit afterwards.
Alternatively define a different model on the base record or replace the model NIF. Could be an "empty" dummy NIF with just the BSFadeNode.

If further help is required with a message, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" to copy and paste the text when making reports as explained in the first post.
Also upload the log and debug log as explained in the first post.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

OK. Do you know which plugin has the load order hex 20 when you are in the game? (The first two digits of the form id?)
Either check MO2 right plugin list or load entire load order into xEdit to see which plugin starts has [20] in from of it. Then enter the form id into the FormID field top left and hit Enter key to bring it up the reference in the right window to verify you got the right plugin. The order can change, so in case that there is a problem identifying it, best to install More Informative Console, which will show it right in the game with console open.

When you say "flash" does it mean the glow changes intensity briefly? In that case setting a slightly longer time for fade-in from black might help to cover up the delayed disabling of FXGlow LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings
In that case don't worry about finding the plugin/form id.

You should look into fixing the HITMEs https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

Hi Sheson,

The flash doesn't change in intensity, it only briefly flashes for one second like the screen shot is all I see.

So when I fast travel from anywhere on the map to Whiterun, as soon as I appear inside Whiterun, that very second, it flashes white like the screen shot, but it doesn't always happen. I noticed if I shutdown the game, load a save, then jump to Whiterun, it will always happen like this.

I've attached a screen shot of M02, showing the Mode Index number 20, is that the 20 you mean? Which oddly enough, points to a Whiterun Mod called Blubbos Trees.

MO2.jpg

I think I found the problem, DynDOLOD and Blubbos; (I unchecked Blubbos in MO2, then restarted SE, no more flash, then I quit SE, enabled Blubbos in MO2, restarted SE, and the flash came back).

Blubbos Whiterun 2022 at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

THANKS

Edited by mooit

I was trying to edit my post over, the Blubbos link I posted is for the latest version. I made a mistake and forgot to put a link to the older version that I am using, that is still archived on nexumods.

Blubbos Trees in Whiterun - DELETED at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

I don't like the new version, it's been changed, has a different look/trees...

Edited by mooit

10 hours ago, mooit said:

I was trying to edit my post over, the Blubbos link I posted is for the latest version. I made a mistake and forgot to put a link to the older version that I am using, that is still archived on nexumods.

Blubbos Trees in Whiterun - DELETED at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

I don't like the new version, it's been changed, has a different look/trees...

The form id is just a tree, which should not cause any problems with references placing glow meshes. 

Seem the broken plugin was removed for a reason. See if "fixing" the HITMEs as already suggest makes a difference. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME
If not, generate LOD from scratch with the fixed plugin to see if that helps.

If that does not change anything, it is possible it selects a tree instead of the reference with the glow mesh when clicking with console open. Install More Informative Console to help finding the correct form id for the glow mesh. We would expect the NIF to have a name containing "glow" or "fx" for example.

If the glow can be seen when outside of Whiterun, use tcl in console to get near it to select it via console to get its form ID.

Test generating with "Fake lights child worlds" unchecked. If that help, then it means disabling dynamic LOD objects just takes longer than usual and increasing the time to fade-in from black would be the option to use in case you want to have LOD with those fake lights.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, sheson said:

If the process stops with a proper message that explains the cause of the error, then it is not crashing.

If the message has a link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message", then click it to open further explanations and help as explained on the first post.
Unresolved form ids will cause CTD in the game (the game closes without telling you what the problem is)

Do not "delete" base records. To remove objects like trees, "delete" the references, clean the plugin with xEdit afterwards.
Alternatively define a different model on the base record or replace the model NIF. Could be an "empty" dummy NIF with just the BSFadeNode.

If further help is required with a message, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" to copy and paste the text when making reports as explained in the first post.
Also upload the log and debug log as explained in the first post.

Hi Sheson, thank you for the info. I used SSEEdit to create a copy of that tree into a new .esp (so I can move it down my load order) and simply replaced the ugly tree model with one that works with Happy Little Trees (DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow01.niff instead of DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow.niff). That did it, ugly tree is gone from the game and LODs generate without a problem. Thanks again!

36 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

In alpha 89, what does “Added principle support for Base Object Swapper transformation and location” mean? Since base object swapper was already supported for stuff like seasons. Is this for stuff like that Dynamic Things Alternative message I was getting, or is this something else?

I just opened the edit function to update the page on the website. Check it back in a while. https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Base-Object-Swapper

It means, DynDOLOD now supports the Pos[A|R], Rot[A|R], Scale setting as well as the [Form|Location/Cell_FormID|Location/Cell_EditorID].

If any of the tranforms is random, the reference is ignored for LOD.

"Principle support" means it needs testing with real mods utilizing the features and there might be bugs.

• Like 1

Hey sheson, could you provide a bit of background as to what prompted you to add apparent support for Grass Cache Fixes? What's the scenario this resolves?

GrassGID=gid
GrassGID=cgid

I also see mention of reading GID from BSA and some LODGen support as well for this stuff. I want to keep our guides properly updated with respect to the new version.

28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Hey sheson, could you provide a bit of background as to what prompted you to add apparent support for Grass Cache Fixes? What's the scenario this resolves?

GrassGID=gid
GrassGID=cgid

I also see mention of reading GID from BSA and some LODGen support as well for this stuff. I want to keep our guides properly updated with respect to the new version.

Just added this to https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD
In case the grass cache is used with runtime version 1.6.x and the *.CGID files have been renamed to *.GID, set GrassGID=gid in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. This requires all *.GID to be of the valid data format, otherwise there will be Error reading grass [worldspace] [x,y] / Error processing grass data *.CGID Unable to read beyond the end of the stream as explained below.

This is to avoid having to keep both the same CGID and GID files in the load order or having to rename them back and forth.

Note that NGIO can not read CGID from BSA. This only works with the engine natively loading GID. DynDOLOD/LODGen read anything from BSA.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, sheson said:

What DynDOLOD Alpha version are you using? If that happens with the latest Alpha, then upload the log and debug for the generation of the problematic results as requested.

A threshold of one is/should not a problem with the current version. There should be no need to manually edit anything.

I was using Alpha 88 (Download Name: DynDOLOD 3.00-32382-Alpha-88-1649940503.7z).

Here are the logs. I had attached them in my 2nd post. Figured out how to share them and had edited the post a few minutes after after posting it:

On 4/29/2022 at 8:08 AM, z929669 said:

Sorry, first time on this forum, getting the hang of what info to include.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested Logs :

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

https://ufile.io/lmx580r2

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

https://ufile.io/mr94fb12

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log

https://ufile.io/ti0l6cvu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 hours ago, Mirari said:

I was using Alpha 88 (Download Name: DynDOLOD 3.00-32382-Alpha-88-1649940503.7z).
Here are the logs. I had attached them in my 2nd post. Figured out how to share them and had edited the post a few minutes after after posting it:

Ah right, the problem was that the debug log was already replaced and doesn't contain the generation anymore.
Please upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt and DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

If you have the time, check if there is any difference with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-89. In case it still happens, upload that debug log.

I have just installed DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 25 and DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 89,

created a TexGen Output and run the DynDOLODx64.exe

Then it show an error message "Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions. Do not modify any of the files. Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed."

Is there any solution for this case?

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, tachibana907 said:

I have just installed DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 25 and DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 89,

created a TexGen Output and run the DynDOLODx64.exe

Then it show an error message "Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for other game versions. Do not modify any of the files. Verify the archive downloaded completely and all core files were installed."

Is there any solution for this case?

Thanks!

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
Use "Copy this message to clipboard" and paste the entire message as explained on the first post.

Click on "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" which should open https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Resources, check its Troubleshooting section.

Really follow the installation instructions. https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions, especially this:
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

The log will most likely show an older DynDOLOD Standalone version is being used.