DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 178

sheson

30 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

The Form ID isn't mentioned in the debug log at all (its also linked in my original post I quoted). I checked the object bounds and they exceed the minimum threshold.

Edit. Sorry, after checking again I see that at least 3 of the variants have no object bounds set. All the others (and the one in question) do however, and are exceeding the threshold as mentioned.

That's what I mean, too. If it isn't listed at all in the log its not even discovered. It seems it is not seeing the overwrite with the flag. See if it works next alpha version.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, sheson said:

I moved your post to the DynDOLOD3 Alpha thread. Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha where to make posts what log files to upload when making posts.

Carefully check the generation logs for error and warning messages.
If you want to generate LOD for seasons, make sure the worldspaces have the [Seasons] identifier in the worldspace list of the advanced options as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons

If the LOD generation had no errors and completed successfully and the generated outputs were properly installed as a mod from their dedicated output folders, then:

Markath. Increase Object LOD distances. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-LOD#Settings

Read Mountain. If still happens after increasing object LOD distances, increase terrain LOD distance multiplier. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-LOD#Settings

The map may seem to indicate that this might not (only) be about the distance settings and something might with the season switching or the generated output. it doesn''t look like it but are you using some kind a map mod or INI settings that alters the map settings?
Did you set a dedicated output folder for xLODGen with -o ?

In addition to the logs from DynDOLOD, post the xLODGen log.

What mod is fixLOD.esp from?

My apologies.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been a bit busy. So, I tried to generate LOD again (same settings as the first time), I have these warning messages about deleted references and large reference bugs. Soltheim map reappered tho, but some objects are missing from the map like rocks and buildings. On the other hand, these big LOD loading issues affecting the zone are gone (I can see the horizon and the volcano).

I increased object LOD distances and terrain LOD distance multiplier, it did not make any difference in Markath.

Season switching is working fine.
I'm not using any map mod. The only edit I made was to add the line "bEnableLandFade=0" under [Display] in Skyrim.ini.

Yes, I did set a dedicated output for xLODGen, then zipped the folder and installed like any other mod.

fixLOD.esp comes from LOD Unloading Bug Fix.

Here are the logs. Note that I did generate LOD32 with xLODGen, but I have moved every textures and meshes from the output.

11 hours ago, Wolfrann said:

My apologies.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been a bit busy. So, I tried to generate LOD again (same settings as the first time), I have these warning messages about deleted references and large reference bugs. Soltheim map reappered tho, but some objects are missing from the map like rocks and buildings. On the other hand, these big LOD loading issues affecting the zone are gone (I can see the horizon and the volcano).

I increased object LOD distances and terrain LOD distance multiplier, it did not make any difference in Markath.

Season switching is working fine.
I'm not using any map mod. The only edit I made was to add the line "bEnableLandFade=0" under [Display] in Skyrim.ini.

Yes, I did set a dedicated output for xLODGen, then zipped the folder and installed like any other mod.

fixLOD.esp comes from LOD Unloading Bug Fix.

Here are the logs. Note that I did generate LOD32 with xLODGen, but I have moved every textures and meshes from the output.

Clean the plugins that contain deleted references https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

You have not uploaded the DynDOLOD log and debug log.

The xLODgen log for terrain LOD show that only the default and WIN season are generated, while the LODGen logs for object LOD for Tamriel shows that all 4 seasons have been generated. This should probably match.

I can see that seasonal object LOD has only been generated for Tamriel but not the other worldspaces, especially not DLC2SolstheimWorld.
If you want to generate LOD for seasons with DynDOLOD, make sure the worldspaces have the [Seasons] identifier in the worldspace list of the advanced options as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons. Double click the worldspace to toggle the [Seasons] identifier.

You can remove LOD Unloading Bug Fix, it is not needed with DynDLOD when using dynamic LOD.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Clean the plugins that contain deleted references https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

You have not uploaded the DynDOLOD log and debug log.

The xLODgen log for terrain LOD show that only the default and WIN season are generated, while the LODGen logs for object LOD for Tamriel shows that all 4 seasons have been generated. This should probably match.

I can see that seasonal object LOD has only been generated for Tamriel but not the other worldspaces, especially not DLC2SolstheimWorld.
If you want to generate LOD for seasons with DynDOLOD, make sure the worldspaces have the [Seasons] identifier in the worldspace list of the advanced options as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons. Double click the worldspace to toggle the [Seasons] identifier.

You can remove LOD Unloading Bug Fix, it is not needed with DynDLOD when using dynamic LOD.

Whoops, somehow I missed them when dropping the files in the folder. Here's the Debug log (I have no idea why it is so big since it's from 1 generation). The other log is in the attachments.

Yes, since the generation with xLODgen was taking a lot of time (and space) and terrain lod swap occours only in winter, I decided to cut off the other seasons (just trees do swap during the 4 seasons, but they are generated by DynDOLOD). If is this that's causing trouble, I am more than happy to generate just the winter season with DynDOLOD so that they can match, or maybe I'm dumb and should only have generated lod for Tamriel and Wyrmstooth in the first place, since every other worldspace has no configuration file in the seasons folder. I have no idea. Only Tamriel world space had the [Seasons] identifier in advanced mode window, but I should have seen also Wyrmstooth since it is configured to have 4 seasons. To summarize: I selected all world spaces in advanced mode in DynDOLOD but only Tamriel had the [Seasons] identifier. Perhaps, I could try to generate seasonal lod just for Tamriel with xLODGen and DynDOLOD leaving every else unthicked and see what happens?

However, I can't explain why Solstheim does switch season.

Also, one other thing I noted was that modifing object LOD distance and terrain LOD distance multiplier only works in Tamriel. In particular, object LOD distance seems to be stuck to 0 in other world spaces (Markarth and Solstheim for example) and increasing it in the MCM does nothing.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Wolfrann

3 hours ago, Wolfrann said:

Whoops, somehow I missed them when dropping the files in the folder. Here's the Debug log (I have no idea why it is so big since it's from 1 generation). The other log is in the attachments.

Yes, since the generation with xLODgen was taking a lot of time (and space) and terrain lod swap occours only in winter, I decided to cut off the other seasons (just trees do swap during the 4 seasons, but they are generated by DynDOLOD). If is this that's causing trouble, I am more than happy to generate just the winter season with DynDOLOD so that they can match, or maybe I'm dumb and should only have generated lod for Tamriel and Wyrmstooth in the first place, since every other worldspace has no configuration file in the seasons folder. I have no idea. Only Tamriel world space had the [Seasons] identifier in advanced mode window, but I should have seen also Wyrmstooth since it is configured to have 4 seasons. To summarize: I selected all world spaces in advanced mode in DynDOLOD but only Tamriel had the [Seasons] identifier. Perhaps, I could try to generate seasonal lod just for Tamriel with xLODGen and DynDOLOD leaving every else unthicked and see what happens?

However, I can't explain why Solstheim does switch season.

Also, one other thing I noted was that modifing object LOD distance and terrain LOD distance multiplier only works in Tamriel. In particular, object LOD distance seems to be stuck to 0 in other world spaces (Markarth and Solstheim for example) and increasing it in the MCM does nothing.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 732.66 kB · 0 downloads

The DynDOLOD shows as well that seasonal LOD has only been generated for Tamriel and not for example for especially not DLC2SolstheimWorld.

It seems it switches the object LOD to *.WIN.* files  but since they do not exist, the game has nothing to show. Since *WIN* terrain LOD was generated for DLC2SolstheimWorld, it shows the winter terrain just fine.

If you generate LOD for seasons with DynDOLOD, make sure  all the desired worldspaces have the [Seasons] identifier in the worldspace list of the advanced options as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons. Double click the worldspace to toggle the [Seasons] identifier.

If you find Season of Skyrim switches to empty terrain LOD for SPR, SUM, AUT, then you will need to generate those as well. If you are sure they do not change from the default season, you could make copies from the default LOD files to the seasonal LOD files.

Thank you Sheson for the helpful Summary of errors dyndolod generates. I have been addressing a host of large reference bugs in my load order because of it. I could not find this searching the forum or manual, but is it possible for Dyndolod to report these errors _without_ actually creating all the meshes/textures/plugins, or is that a necessary part of the detecting the errors? It would be great and hopefully faster to have the option to only get a report errors, as opposed to waiting to build dyndolod repeatedly while trying to solve them.

Thanks for considering or teaching me how it can be done with the current build.

1 hour ago, Wartortle said:

Thank you Sheson for the helpful Summary of errors dyndolod generates. I have been addressing a host of large reference bugs in my load order because of it. I could not find this searching the forum or manual, but is it possible for Dyndolod to report these errors _without_ actually creating all the meshes/textures/plugins, or is that a necessary part of the detecting the errors? It would be great and hopefully faster to have the option to only get a report errors, as opposed to waiting to build dyndolod repeatedly while trying to solve them.

Thanks for considering or teaching me how it can be done with the current build.

Just do not check object LOD on the advanced mode settings. Only check tree or dynamic LOD.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:35 PM, sheson said:

DynDOLOD Standalone is not really a mod. It is a selection of tools based on xEdit/xLODGen to generate a LOD mod for improved tree and object LOD.
That's why there are so many options, settings and explanations for all the different things.

Note that the video you linked does not account for the changes of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.
Do not install any 3rd party billboards with DynDOLDO 3 Alpha, use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.
https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructionshttps://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructionshttps://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

The first post of this thread and https://dyndolod.info/Messages explain which log files the messages are saved to. Also, a summary of messages is opened once the tools finish if there were errors or warning messages.

DynDOLOD does not affect terrain LOD. As explained on the first post of the xLODGen thread, install a noise.dds that does not change brightness of terrain LOD.
If you use a mod that includes pre-made terrain LOD textures made with xLODGen, make sure its ..\data\textures\terrain\noise.dds is not being overwritten by other mods unintentionally.

As explained in the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees", use the advanced mode options https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode tree LOD brightness setting to compensate for ENB/weather bods.

Following up I read all the links you provided carefully. I followed the instructions for clean save then uninstalled the TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs and then made a new save in an interior. I didn't overwrite a previous save and made a new one just in case that matters. I did xEdit auto clean on the main DLCs and the Update because they were dirty again. I ran TexGen and I get 2 warnings which I don't know what to do about.

[00:00] Background Loader: Warning: <Can't find Skyrim - Patch.bsa>          I have no idea which "patch" is that and why it can't be found. USSEP? It's installed though... I coudn't find similar message in here.

[00:04] Background Loader: [Skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD"         Coudn't find any information about "duplicated top level groups" and whatever that means

Should I proceed with DynDOLOD if I have these warnings since it's mentioned that warnings shouldn't be ignored?

Thanks

Edit: Just found a post where it was mentioned that the second warning I get is ok and can be ignored. But what about the first one?

Edited by 1KayDee1
Adding info

24 minutes ago, 1KayDee1 said:

Following up I read all the links you provided carefully. I followed the instructions for clean save then uninstalled the TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs and then made a new save in an interior. I didn't overwrite a previous save and made a new one just in case that matters. I did xEdit auto clean on the main DLCs and the Update because they were dirty again. I ran TexGen and I get 2 warnings which I don't know what to do about.

[00:00] Background Loader: Warning: <Can't find Skyrim - Patch.bsa>          I have no idea which "patch" is that and why it can't be found. USSEP? It's installed though... I coudn't find similar message in here.

[00:04] Background Loader: [Skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD"         Coudn't find any information about "duplicated top level groups" and whatever that means

Should I proceed with DynDOLOD if I have these warnings since it's mentioned that warnings shouldn't be ignored?

Thanks

The background loader is still xEdit code. That means you will see the same messages loading things with xEdit.

Skyrim - Patch.bsa is a vanilla game file https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Game_Files
It is listed in Slyrim.INI [Archive] section, that is why xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD wants to load it.
I believe the file got removed with the the 1.6.x anniversary update, but the entry in the INI still lists it.
The message about it missing can be ignored. If it bothers you, remove the entry from the Skyrim.INI

The duplicated top level group is a known error in Skyrim.esm. You do not need to do anything about it.

When I try to run the latest version of DynDOLOD (3.00) it's bringing up an error saying one of various plugins is trying to place a referenced object in a cell it can't find [42, -24]. The object and the plugin vary, but it's always in "GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenOrigin [CELL:00042247] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 42,-24))"

The various plugin's it's said are doing this have included skyrim.esm and jks skyrim.esp. I'm kinda baffled by this. I've gone through in SSEdit to see whether there was a conflict causing this but that doesn't seem to be the issue. In one case the referenced object wasn't modified by the blamed plugin at all.

Full content of the most recent error report in the spoiler. Unfortunately I can't locate 'bugreport.txt' in either my skyrim or DynDOLOD folders. If I'm looking in the wrong place or you need further info please let me know.

Spoiler

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Cell not found [42,-24] in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] for Skyrim.esm [REFR:0005DD88] (places ShipRowBoat01 [STAT:00050368] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenOrigin [CELL:00042247] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 42,-24))

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

1 hour ago, JTJRawlins said:

When I try to run the latest version of DynDOLOD (3.00) it's bringing up an error saying one of various plugins is trying to place a referenced object in a cell it can't find [42, -24]. The object and the plugin vary, but it's always in "GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenOrigin [CELL:00042247] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 42,-24))"

The various plugin's it's said are doing this have included skyrim.esm and jks skyrim.esp. I'm kinda baffled by this. I've gone through in SSEdit to see whether there was a conflict causing this but that doesn't seem to be the issue. In one case the referenced object wasn't modified by the blamed plugin at all.

Full content of the most recent error report in the spoiler. Unfortunately I can't locate 'bugreport.txt' in either my skyrim or DynDOLOD folders. If I'm looking in the wrong place or you need further info please let me know.

Reveal hidden contents

I moved the post to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread since this is where all posts should be made.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Check with xEdit which plugin is the last to overwrite 0000BCD0. It probably has some kind of error.

However, now I've run into another issue. I ran TexGen and DynDOLOD programs through MO2 without any error messages, installed all the output as per instructions, but when I go into the game, the MCM says DynDOLOD is not active, the checkbox isn't checked, and fast traveling from my indoor location to any outdoors immediately crashes in the loading screen. What gives?

Well I'm not entirely sure what happened here, but changing some of the settings in Dyn and rerunning it again seems to have fixed the crashing. I assume I chose some settings that were to much to handle for my VRAM, cause lowering the settings a bit seemed to fix it. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Carbonized said:

Thanks for the swift reply. Yeah it was apparently an issue with Windows Defender. Whitelisting the folders and exe made me able to progress.

However, now I've run into another issue. I ran TexGen and DynDOLOD programs through MO2 without any error messages, installed all the output as per instructions, but when I go into the game, the MCM says DynDOLOD is not active, the checkbox isn't checked, and fast traveling from my indoor location to any outdoors immediately crashes in the loading screen. What gives?

37 minutes ago, Carbonized said:

Well I'm not entirely sure what happened here, but changing some of the settings in Dyn and rerunning it again seems to have fixed the crashing. I assume I chose some settings that were to much to handle for my VRAM, cause lowering the settings a bit seemed to fix it. Oh well.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

There is no LOD in interior cells. Hence DynDOLOD is/can only be active in exterior worldspaces for which dynamic LOD has been generated.

CTD is often caused by assets from other mods, especially textures. The log might have warning and error messages about textures not being power of 2 or divisible by 4. They should also be listed in the summary.  https://dyndolod.info/Messages

See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for troubleshooting tips.

The best option to troubleshoot CTD is .Net Framework crash log. Post it in case help is required.

The CTDs seem to have vanishes when I reran Dyn. I do get a ton of "Warning: file not found" in the log. From JK mods, from SFO, from BS: Bruma and such.

Running around in game, everything seems to look ok, until I noticed this purple block of LOD https://imgur.com/a/BIRsJLa

I believe it's a LOD, cause it vanishes when I get close. The location of the LOD seems to be where I have an Elianora mod home, so I assume DynDOLOD somehow couldn't make a proper LOD for a part of that housing mod.

EDIT: I think these are the text files you needed? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SYLJ7PKXHSqkRuDTNgByiGAWGE1WtNvY?usp=sharing

Edited by Carbonized

55 minutes ago, Carbonized said:

The CTDs seem to have vanishes when I reran Dyn. I do get a ton of "Warning: file not found" in the log. From JK mods, from SFO, from BS: Bruma and such.

Running around in game, everything seems to look ok, until I noticed this purple block of LOD https://imgur.com/a/BIRsJLa

I believe it's a LOD, cause it vanishes when I get close. The location of the LOD seems to be where I have an Elianora mod home, so I assume DynDOLOD somehow couldn't make a proper LOD for a part of that housing mod.

EDIT: I think these are the text files you needed? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SYLJ7PKXHSqkRuDTNgByiGAWGE1WtNvY?usp=sharing

Really check the log messages and read their explanations. https://dyndolod.info/Messages
These are not DynDOLOD errors or or problems. These are errors and problems with the installed mods.

Regarding the CTD. As I already mentioned, texture resolutions not being a power of 2 are the prime suspect.
The log shows several textures that do not have a power of 2 resolution. Fix the invalid textures or permanently remove the mods supplying them to avoid CTD.
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Texture-Resolution
Also clean every plugin that has deleted references to avoid them causing CTDhttps://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference

Curiously you did not say which specific mod from Elianora you actually suspect so I can not check myself.
Purple textures means the diffuse texture is not found. A "File not found textures\..." message probably helps you find the culprit. Diffuse textures means you can "ignore" missing textures that end in _n.dds. If those are missing the lighting will "just" be flat. https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures
If something is object/tree LOD it disappears when toggling LOD of in console with tll.
If something is dynamic LOD it can be clicked has a form id in a DynDOLOD plugin when console is open.
LOD is only generated for references that do exist in the load order at LOD generation time. If the LOD goes away when getting close, it typically means the load order changed after generating LOD. It might be possible that the model used for LOD is not visually matching the reference it is placed for, but if it is LOD, then there should be a full model something in its place that you can click with console open to get a form id.