DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I'm trying to update DynDOLOD because I added a mod. It is activated, but still I get following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
DynDOLOD.esp already exists.

[Content]
Either activate it for updating or remove it to generate from scratch.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

38 minutes ago, aragonit said:

I'm trying to update DynDOLOD because I added a mod. It is activated, but still I get following error:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
DynDOLOD.esp already exists.

[Content]
Either activate it for updating or remove it to generate from scratch.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Read the first post, which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Are you sure the DynDOLOD plugins are activated and enabled in the load order and there are no missing masters for it for example?

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Check the peak working set with task manager.

We would expect CPU usage  of DynDOLOD.exe to not be 100% with only one thread reading object LOD.

Check if there is any actual difference to the default OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=4

Screenshot-2.png

Red - RAM

Green - CPU

Threads = 1, memory argument for dyndolod exe.

Funny thing is no OOM exceptions this time, but it took way too many attempts to achieve this, so I wouldn't call this a win yet.

9 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Screenshot-2.png

Red - RAM

Green - CPU

Threads = 1, memory argument for dyndolod exe.

Funny thing is no OOM exceptions this time, but it took way too many attempts to achieve this, so I wouldn't call this a win yet.

Only generate occlusion for Tamriel with the DynDOLOD output active.
To compare old versus new, keep load order the same between all runs.

Run the old and new version once with default OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=4 and then with OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1.

We expect old version to have no errors both times and new version to have out of memory errors according to your reports.

For both versions and both runs, check in task manager what the peak working set is once the process completed and prompts for saving.
For both version and both runs, check if CPU usage is less when limiting to 1 thread instead of default 4 while it reads the object LOD meshes.

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Only generate occlusion for Tamriel with the DynDOLOD output active.
To compare old versus new, keep load order the same between all runs.

Run the old and new version once with default OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=4 and then with OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=1.

We expect old version to have no errors both times and new version to have out of memory errors according to your reports.

For both versions and both runs, check in task manager what the peak working set is once the process completed and prompts for saving.
For both version and both runs, check if CPU usage is less when limiting to 1 thread instead of default 4 while it reads the object LOD meshes.

I will try to make some reasonable comparison, but I have to admit if it works for the 2nd time I will certainly have no strength for another run, so I will assume problem is solved for now. But I have a feeling it will crash.

Hi Sheson!

When attempting to run DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 73, I received the below error message:

Cannot create file "F:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Error: Cannot create file "F:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I'm running No Grass In Objects with Seasons of Skyrim, and in the Grass Config file for NGIO I have OnlyLoadFromCache = False.  Might the above error message be caused by anything in particular?

Edited by dzee349

1 hour ago, dzee349 said:

Hi Sheson!

When attempting to run DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 73, I received the below error message:

I'm running No Grass In Objects with Seasons of Skyrim, and in the Grass Config file for NGIO I have OnlyLoadFromCache = False.  Might the above error message be caused by anything in particular?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The error message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" is self explanatory. 

End the other process before running DynDOLOD. It is possible that the other process is only visible in task manager and needs to be ended there. If all else fails, rebooting typically clears that up.

16 minutes ago, Nissysam said:

Hi guys, I am having an issue with my Tree Lods, the trees are 2 dimensional 

20220220_213956.jpg

This is how standard tree LOD in the game works. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-LOD

Maybe you mean the problem is "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells" then see the answers from the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ 

Billboard tree LOD only looks and works correctly for the load order it was generated for. Generate tree LOD billboards with TexGen, make sure the TexGen output is not being overwritten and generate tree LOD with DynDOLOD for the current load order and make sure the DynDOLOD output is not being overwritten.

Check plugins for errors and clean them from ITMs or deleted references. See xEdit Cleaning and Error Checking. The Batch Plugin Cleaner for Mod Organizer or the xEdit Cleaning Extension for Vortex help to automate some of that.

If the load order of plugins adding or changing tree references was changed, generate billboard tree LOD again so it matches the new load order. Consider using ultra tree LOD (also possible with only tree LOD billboards) to avoid such game engine limitations.

https://screenshot.net/skyrim-screenshots.html

Having a lot of trouble with the No Grass thing and DynDoLod. I have the dlc of AE uninstalled, but I am not sure what else to do.

[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.794] Initializing framework version 15.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.797] Loaded configuration file.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.799] Preparing .NET code hooking.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.803] Loading game library.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.897] Loaded game library for `The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition` (18).
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.897] Running game version is 1.6.353.0
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903] (InvalidOperationException): "Version library error: File not found (NetScriptFramework.SkyrimSE.1_6_353_0.bin)!" at
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903]    at NetScriptFramework.Main.LoadGameInfo() in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 807
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903]    at NetScriptFramework.Main._Initialize_Actual(FrameworkInitializationParameters p) in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 366
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903]    at NetScriptFramework.Main.Initialize(FrameworkInitializationParameters p) in C:\Games\SkyrimMods\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework\Main.cs:line 308
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:11.903] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:14.820] Shutting down framework.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:14.821] Shutting down plugins.
[20 Feb 2022 12:08:14.821] Shutdown complete.

10 minutes ago, z929669 said:

TexGen from latest alpha 73 (TexGen reports as alpha 72 in the window label) runs at least 8x faster for me and without issue. Very nice.

See changelog of Alpha-66 for the reponsible changes to TexGen.

The main programs are still reporting as alpha-72 because alpha-73 just updated Texconv.

45 minutes ago, sheson said:

See changelog of Alpha-66 for the reponsible changes to TexGen.

The main programs are still reporting as alpha-72 because alpha-73 just updated Texconv.

Looks like bulk processing via TexConv and stitched objects via GPU may be the benefits for me then (AMD system CPU/GPU)

Hi, I am having trouble with Item Not Found errors with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55870?tab=posts

The errors are referring to deleted references the mod has for the mod it overwrites: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40651

The exact errors from DynDOLOD are:

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:000DAF30] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:000DAF31] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C96] (places Walkway02 [STAT:0001C571] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C97] (places Walkway02 [STAT:0001C571] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C98] (places WalkwayEnd01 [STAT:000C0521] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:812F3210] (places TreasKnapsack "Knapsack" [CONT:000B7879] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:FE18B805] (places CandleLanternwithCandle01 [STAT:0002D847] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

What is the most appropriate way to resolve this? Do I delete the references from the original mod?

13 minutes ago, ignotus_patronus said:

Hi, I am having trouble with Item Not Found errors with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/55870?tab=posts

The errors are referring to deleted references the mod has for the mod it overwrites: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40651

The exact errors from DynDOLOD are:

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:000DAF30] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:000DAF31] (places TreePineShrub01Snow [TREE:0009DAA2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C96] (places Walkway02 [STAT:0001C571] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C97] (places Walkway02 [STAT:0001C571] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:81014C98] (places WalkwayEnd01 [STAT:000C0521] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Dawnstar03Exterior [CELL:00008EB5] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 7,25))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:812F3210] (places TreasKnapsack "Knapsack" [CONT:000B7879] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

Warning: Deleted reference CFTO-Winterhold-TGC_MCAT.esp [REFR:FE18B805] (places CandleLanternwithCandle01 [STAT:0002D847] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WinterholdExterior02 [CELL:00008EC1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 26,24))

What is the most appropriate way to resolve this? Do I delete the references from the original mod?

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport if it exists to upload when making reports.

As https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Item-not-found explains, item not found errors are not necessarily a problem with a plugin but with the program encountering unexpected situations. The logs will help me determine the cause of the problem.

As https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference explains, plugins containing deleted reference should be cleaned with xEdit.