DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check the change log what was updated between versions. If TexGen is not mentioned, then there is no change how it generates LOD assets.

As explained in the manual, DynDOLOD will print log messages if full models/textures used for billboard generation changed. If you see messages like "Billboard for model * does not contain texture" or "Billboard for model * has different CRC32", then you should run TexGen to generate up-to-date billboards.

Okay, thanks for the INFO.

19 minutes ago, baron said:

Can someone help me with this? This pops up every time I run the DynDOLODx64.

Screenshot (20).png

Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.

Read the first post which explains how to use "copy message to clipboard" in order to post error message instead of posting a screenshot.

Search this thread for similar error message and its discussion/solutions.

Use the latest version.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Check the myriad of the warnings from the xEdit loader :

[00:04] Background Loader: Warning: Record [GLOB:00000037] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [TXST:01000037] in file NewStyleEyes.esm.
[00:04] Background Loader: Warning: Record [STAT:00000001] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [HDPT:01000001] in file NewStyleEyes.esm.

[00:05] Background Loader: Warning: Record [HDPT:01000027] in file NewStyleEyes.esm is being overridden by record [ENCH:01000027] in file RaijinSaku.esp.
[00:05] Background Loader: Warning: Record [STAT:00000001] in file Skyrim.esm is being overridden by record [REFR:01000001] in file RaijinSaku.esp.

Troubleshoot and fix those load order problems.

It seems the compacting of form IDs to flag plugins ESL went wrong somehow.

So how would I do that? As I said, I re-ran the compact operation in CK, but no change. And loading my entire load order in xedit shows that none of those mods actually touches any of the records that DynDolod claims they overwrite. So as far as I can tell, it's not the mods that are the problem. For example, dyndoload claims that:

Computer says "Worldspace Editor ID Tamriel is changed to RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald HDT Piercingsets.esp RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald [COBJ:0000003C]"

The actual ID of RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald is FE00003C and it does not overwrite 0000003C] according to xedit.

Edited by narphous

1 hour ago, narphous said:

So how would I do that? As I said, I re-ran the compact operation in CK, but no change. And loading my entire load order in xedit shows that none of those mods actually touches any of the records that DynDolod claims they overwrite. So as far as I can tell, it's not the mods that are the problem. For example, dyndoload claims that:

Computer says "Worldspace Editor ID Tamriel is changed to RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald HDT Piercingsets.esp RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald [COBJ:0000003C]"

The actual ID of RecipeSED7fGbarbellGemEmerald is FE00003C and it does not overwrite 0000003C] according to xedit.

DynDOLOD is a modified xLODGen, which is a tool mode of xEdit. If you use a current xEdit 4.1.3 experimental version, you should see the same warning messages when loading the plugins.

DynDOLOD does not claim anything. It is the xEdit loader that reports the facts about the plugins as it loads the plugins and then creates the internal data structures.

A form ID of FE00003C is an invalid object ID since it is is not in the allowed range between 0x800 and 0xFFF for light plugins (ESL). See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LightPlugin.html

No plugin but Skyrim.esm shoud have form IDs < 0x800

All form IDs under 0x800 regardless of their plugin load order ID are always mapped to Skyrim.esm/exe and always mean the same records.

If you believe there is a problem with how xEdit loads plugins or reports such errors, make a report on its github or Discord.

Just to ask a newbie question, we are still supposed to use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD's right? I understand Occlusion.esp is no longer needed.

And install it to the end of load order before we run TexGen + Dyndolod?

I wish TexGen can just take care of this too haha.

Edited by hitmantb

1 hour ago, hitmantb said:

Just to ask a newbie question, we are still supposed to use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD's right? I understand Occlusion.esp is no longer needed.

And install it to the end of load order before we run TexGen + Dyndolod?

Read What is DynDOLOD.
"DynDOLOD is the advanced and easier version of xLODGen to generate a comprehensive LOD mod for the entire load order for much improved tree and object LOD for the different Skyrim and Enderal versions."
You will surely notice that it doesn't say terrain LOD.

Read the first post, especially the part "Major Feature Changes".

Read the included manual to learn what TexGen and DynDOLOD do and their options and settings.

Hello sorry to bother you I have a problem, when I run texgen I get this error "Item not found" without any information in the log.
I do get a help link which points to Exception and tells me to delete ../Data/Grass , but there is no such folder anywhere in my drive.
I'll paste the link here if anyone can take a look and help me. Thanks!
https://paste.ee/p/7VGM0

Edited by Leilanixx

54 minutes ago, Leilanixx said:

Hello sorry to bother you I have a problem, when I run texgen I get this error "Item not found" without any information in the log.
I do get a help link which points to Exception and tells me to delete ../Data/Grass , but there is no such folder anywhere in my drive.

I suspect that this is the reason for the error. EDIT: as sheson mentions in next post, TexGen does not care about grass cache

RE ../Data/grass ...

See first and second posts on this topic. You must first generate grass cache via NGIO mod description before you can generate grass LOD with DynDOLOD. After precaching grass *.cgid files, grass folder (../Data/grass) will appear in game folder (Vortex maybe), MO overwrite, or in SKSE64 output if you have set that in MO.

28 minutes ago, Leilanixx said:

I do get a help link which points to Exception and tells me to delete ../Data/Grass , but there is no such folder.

Read the message about disabling old TexGen output. Why do you keep ignoring it instead of disabling the old output?

Make sure that the Standalone archive downloaded completely. Make sure the Standalone archive unpacks completely. Use 7zip.

Make sure that config files like ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_*.txt exist.

If they do, then the OS, UAC, anti-vir etc. is blocking access.

Do not install mod managers into steam or game folders.

Please read the help for exception page more carefully. The explanations about grass cache files are under the heading "Error reading grass [worldspace] [x,y]", which does not show in the log. So that obviously does not apply.

TexGen does not care about the grass cache.

Hello,

I'm using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 44, following TPF Guide that is personally modified.  In my current setup, I'm experiencing occasional stutters in the game (momentary freezes) and I'm not really sure what's causing it. Looking at papyrus.log and confirming with ReSaver, there's are a large amount of stack coming from SHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn.

I'm just wondering if it's normal and if there's a way for me to minimize stuttering.

I've attached my latest papyrus.log for reference: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQLIU98JFJvGdznIwA_0ZeCkokMqS0Th/view?usp=sharing

loadorder.txt modlist.txt

5 hours ago, aeviannce24 said:

Hello,

I'm using DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 44, following TPF Guide that is personally modified.  In my current setup, I'm experiencing occasional stutters in the game (momentary freezes) and I'm not really sure what's causing it. Looking at papyrus.log and confirming with ReSaver, there's are a large amount of stack coming from SHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn.

I'm just wondering if it's normal and if there's a way for me to minimize stuttering.

I've attached my latest papyrus.log for reference: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RQLIU98JFJvGdznIwA_0ZeCkokMqS0Th/view?usp=sharing

loadorder.txt 20.03 kB · 1 download modlist.txt 32.55 kB · 1 download

Read the first post where to make posts when participating in the alpha test.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

Always use the latest version.

If there are (papyrus) performance problems with a load order following a modding guide, you need to ask the author/forum of the guide.

Just because the DynDOLOD scripts are also the victim of performance issues and being dumped with other scripts doesn't mean they are the cause.

If performance is already bad, adding LOD generated by DynDOLOD with too high settings is not going to make performance requirements any better. Try LOD generated with lower settings.

You may want to have a look at all the script errors before stacks being dumped and fix them.

Your tree LOD looks dark by at large. You should change your TexGen tree settings, regenerate with the new settings, and use the Rebuild Atlas option in DynDOLOD to apply the new texture setting. See the article by T4 where he mentions his specific TexGen and DynDOLOD settings.