DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

15 minutes ago, dashr said:

Okay, tested Lod on and off. 
You can find the screenshots in the attached file.

I seems so weird. The only possibility I can think off is the "hyperbolean snow" MOD but I had the exact same load order with Alpha 0.39 before and everything worked fine.

https://mega.nz/file/pUVFEQDK#pnk0TxOSZ9lvcIBroXZcI0guEm_ZBcTU9d1tKwrGJgg

I am not sure there is anything wrong wrong in the on.png screenshot since I do not know what to compare it to.

It is up to you to test without any mod you might suspecting of doing something you do not like.

Or just go with MM and the DynDOLOD 3 LOD pack.

The entrance where I am looking at is normal? Or like this picture here? The black stone seems totally off and I don't think that is right. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to it in the first run I had? So when you tell me the "entrance there in the on picture" with the let's say a bit messy textures is normal than I apologize.. But snow seems dark when I go further away

screenshot0-min_optimized.png

I compressed the picture but you get the idea that this stone texture should not be THAT dark or?

Only when I get near the mountain it becomes "normal" again

Edited by dashr

1 hour ago, dashr said:

The entrance where I am looking at is normal? Or like this picture here? The black stone seems totally off and I don't think that is right. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to it in the first run I had? So when you tell me the "entrance there in the on picture" with the let's say a bit messy textures is normal than I apologize.. But snow seems dark when I go further away

screenshot0-min_optimized.png

I compressed the picture but you get the idea that this stone texture should not be THAT dark or?

Only when I get near the mountain it becomes "normal" again

No that screenshot does not look normal.

The LOD mountain - especially without any snow cover - should be using the same texture as the fully loaded mountain, e.g. the mountainslab we looked up, to be used in the BTO. We checked all this. There is no reason that it looks like that.

Hello, when generating the underside with latest Alpha 43, I'm getting this error log for all underside generation for all worldspaces. What am I doing wrong? Am running from MO2.

[07:11] [Vyn] Generating terrain underside
[07:11] [Vyn] Executing "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_EnderalSE_Export_TerrainUndersideVyn.txt" --logfile "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_EnderalSE_VynTerrainUnderside_log.txt" --LODLevel 32
[07:12] <Error: Can not find file C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\Vyn\Vyn_Underside.nif>

DynDOLOD_EnderalSE_log.txt LODGen_EnderalSE_VynTerrainUnderside_log.txt

6 hours ago, Zenball said:

Hello, when generating the underside with latest Alpha 43, I'm getting this error log for all underside generation for all worldspaces. What am I doing wrong? Am running from MO2.

[07:11] [Vyn] Generating terrain underside
[07:11] [Vyn] Executing "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_EnderalSE_Export_TerrainUndersideVyn.txt" --logfile "C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_EnderalSE_VynTerrainUnderside_log.txt" --LODLevel 32
[07:12] <Error: Can not find file C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\Vyn\Vyn_Underside.nif>

DynDOLOD_EnderalSE_log.txt 762.42 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_EnderalSE_VynTerrainUnderside_log.txt 251 B · 0 downloads

Upload the debug log also as explained in the first post.

Are there any locations in Enderal where sun beams seem to come through terrain where an underside could help?

After everything worked fine I ran into some issues.
Villages like Old Hroldan, Kynesgrove, Shors Stone, Mixwater Mill etc., have this weird bug where Lod disappears and reappears after I move  ingame. The Game works but this is very strange. Can I send you any reports or will no logs be generated because of this? 

ScreenShot5.png

Some step further and everything is normal

ScreenShot6.png

I should mention that all these villages are overhauls. But non of them say no specific thing about load order or even LOD/DynDOLOD.
As a matter of fact, these Overhauls worked fine with the old DynDOLOD 0.39.

I saw you uploaded an Alpha - 0.43. Is it any different from the Dyndolod Version you send the other day? If so, maybe upgrading will fix it?

Edited by dashr

56 minutes ago, dashr said:

After everything worked fine I ran into some issues.
Villages like Old Hroldan, Kynesgrove, Shors Stone, Mixwater Mill etc., have this weird bug where Lod disappears and reappears after I move  ingame. The Game works but this is very strange. Can I send you any reports or will no logs be generated because of this? 

ScreenShot5.png

Some step further and everything is normal

ScreenShot6.png

I should mention that all these villages are overhauls. But non of them say no specific thing about load order or even LOD/DynDOLOD.
As a matter of fact, these Overhauls worked fine with the old DynDOLOD 0.39.

I saw you uploaded an Alpha - 0.43. Is it any different from the Dyndolod Version you send the other day? If so, maybe upgrading will fix it?

DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

The generated LOD is still the same as it was with older versions.

See the change log on the first post what was changed or fixed between versions.

The screenshots seem to show what happens if things are behind occlusion planes/boxes which are placed in the active cells. The screenshots seem to show full models disappearing, while LOD is still being shown.

If you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD, I suggest to disable its output and check the location without it.
In case there is a difference, generate a new LOD mod from scratch for the current load order.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

The generated LOD is still the same as it was with older versions.

See the change log on the first post what was changed or fixed between versions.

The screenshots seem to show what happens if things are behind occlusion planes/boxes which are placed in the active cells. The screenshots seem to show full models disappearing, while LOD is still being shown.

If you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD, I suggest to disable its output and check the location without it.
In case there is a difference, generate a new LOD mod from scratch for the current load order.

Currently generating Dyndolod from scratch. Will report back, like always, thank you for your help. 

I think it could be "eFPS - Exterior FPS boost". Will check with the new version.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload the debug log also as explained in the first post.

Are there any locations in Enderal where sun beams seem to come through terrain where an underside could help?

Debug log is here: https://ufile.io/75hwq32r

I have seen a couple of areas by the coast where the sun does appear to be casting rays through mountains and showing glare reflection on water surface through mountains so wanted to try to generate an underside to see if it would help, but it appears it's generating it but then not finding the file generated.

Can any other Enderal players share their underside nifs in the meantime? Will it still work if I place the nif in the correct filepath if the generation failed?

23 minutes ago, Zenball said:

Debug log is here: https://ufile.io/75hwq32r

I have seen a couple of areas by the coast where the sun does appear to be casting rays through mountains and showing glare reflection on water surface through mountains so wanted to try to generate an underside to see if it would help, but it appears it's generating it but then not finding the file generated.

Can any other Enderal players share their underside nifs in the meantime? Will it still work if I place the nif in the correct filepath if the generation failed?

Thanks.

Put this test version of LODGenx64.exe into the Edit Script folder and run again DynDOLOD again.

It should hopefully generate the underside now.