DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

25 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Looks like I actually did fix the problem, which means now I really do understand the problem. What I still do not get is the cause of why it is happening now all of sudden and never cropped up in the years before.... whatever.

Now, the error message you get is a "normal" error that actually exists in the load order.

Unresolved FormID [0100314B] Update.esm might be the wrong version. Error in ccqdrsse002-firewood.esl ccQDRSSE002_CampfireFurn "Campfire" [FURN:FE00F804]

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link to open dedicated help and explanations page https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID for this error in the load order.

Double checking the CRC32 of Update.esm, it is not latest version (that came with 1.6.353) of the file (also does not seem to be the cleaned version).
Same seems to be true for the DLCs. Update those files to the latest version, so the CC plugins and other mods relying on them do not have unresolved form id errors.

Thank you, I'll do that!
And with your explanation,  I think I know the reason for the latest error - I'm using an old combined pluging called "clean masters", which is a collection of the masterfiles, that I cleaned with SSEEdit a while back, and which overwrites the updated files. Perhaps turning it of and cleaning the masters, will solve the issue? 

5 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Thank you, I'll do that!
And with your explanation,  I think I know the reason for the latest error - I'm using an old combined pluging called "clean masters", which is a collection of the masterfiles, that I cleaned with SSEEdit a while back, and which overwrites the updated files. Perhaps turning it of and cleaning the masters, will solve the issue? 

Yes, it most likely will. You can also check the file date of the vanilla + DLC + AE CC game files in the real data folder to know when they updated last.

One last question though, before I go.. I'm also running Open Cities of Skyrim, and I've been following the instructions her:
https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Cities-Skyrim

However, when I go to the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, I can't find any WarnModFileName=list.
Instead at the bottom I find this:

; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[Skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp

However, if I run DynDOLOD with Open Cities active itr simply crashes.
Should I remove the "IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp" command from the .ini?

Edited by burnersaurus

34 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

One last question though, before I go.. I'm also running Open Cities of Skyrim, and I've been following the instructions her:
https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Open-Cities-Skyrim

However, when I go to the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, I can't find any WarnModFileName=list.
Instead at the bottom I find this:

; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[Skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp

However, if I run DynDOLOD with Open Cities active itr simply crashes.
Should I remove the "IgnoreIfPluginExists=Open Cities Skyrim.esp" command from the .ini?

You are looking for the line that looks like this

WarnModFileName=Open Cities Skyrim;Open-Cities-Skyrim

So, I've Updated all my mods to their AE counterparts, I've updated my game to 1.6, and I've Cleaned all my Master Plugins. I'm unfortunately still getting the exact same error. It once again references the USSEP which I removed and Re-Ran Dyndolod only for it to say it can't copy because Duplicate FormID in Heathstone.esm. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt bugreport.txt

7 hours ago, SlapDaddy said:

So, I've Updated all my mods to their AE counterparts, I've updated my game to 1.6, and I've Cleaned all my Master Plugins. I'm unfortunately still getting the exact same error. It once again references the USSEP which I removed and Re-Ran Dyndolod only for it to say it can't copy because Duplicate FormID in Heathstone.esm. 

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 170.55 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 101.23 kB · 0 downloads

Use the version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-60/?do=findComment&comment=255908

Upcoming DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 61 includes that fix.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-LOD
Object LOD uses the single texture in case the UV coordinates of a 3D shape do not allow the use of the object LOD texture atlas.

For a shape in the object LOD *.BTO to be able to use a texture on the object LOD texture atlas requires its UV coordinates to be inside 0.0 and 1.0.
If any of the UV coordinates are outside, the single source texture will be kept instead.

DynDOLOD may try to update the UV on the fly. If that is attempted and succeeds or has acceptable results depends on each case.

Thank you, is there a way I can test and modify them myself?
This seems to affect my LOD, their dozen leaves look sparse compared to the leaves assigned to Dyndolod_xxx.dds.

Screen-Shot29.png

13 minutes ago, ntluan_vn said:

Thank you, is there a way I can test and modify them myself?
This seems to affect my LOD, their dozen leaves look sparse compared to the leaves assigned to Dyndolod_xxx.dds.

Screen-Shot29.png

If full textures become thin in the distances, also try generating mipmaps for it with an appropriate alpha-to-covergage setting.

When a texture is added to the atlas, DynDOLOD does this automatically, hence the difference.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model:
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture. The final result in game may be to thick or thin like certain objects seem to be missing or transparency looks off. Try adjusting the NiAlphaProperty in the 3D LOD model. Again, note that the UV texture coordinates need to be >= 0.0 and <= 1.0 for LOD being able to use the atlas texture. If the UV is outside those limits, LOD will use the texture directly.

You can check and do simple edits to UV in NifSkope. If they are just slightly outside you can move them inside 0.0 and 1.0 in NifSkope UV editor or change wrap UV to clamp the UV in the shader settings for that shape.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

If full textures become thin in the distances, also try generating mipmaps for it with an appropriate alpha-to-covergage setting.

When a texture is added to the atlas, DynDOLOD does this automatically, hence the difference.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model:
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture. The final result in game may be to thick or thin like certain objects seem to be missing or transparency looks off. Try adjusting the NiAlphaProperty in the 3D LOD model. Again, note that the UV texture coordinates need to be >= 0.0 and <= 1.0 for LOD being able to use the atlas texture. If the UV is outside those limits, LOD will use the texture directly.

You can check and do simple edits to UV in NifSkope. If they are just slightly outside you can move them inside 0.0 and 1.0 in NifSkope UV editor or change wrap UV to clamp the UV in the shader settings for that shape.

Thanks

So DynDOLOD thresholded alpha-to-covergage at what level?  i reduced the native resolution of the texture from 4k to 2k and set the threshold alpha-to-covergage to 127

Edited by ntluan_vn