DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, Werterdert1 said:

Hello,

as some other users here I have been unable to completely generate the Object LODs for Tamriel worldspace (LODGenx64 has been unable to generate Object LOD). I am not sure what mods are causing this issue, but the "LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt" ends the report with the following sentence: "Error processing grass data Tamrielx-017y-036.cgid" and cites the error code: 640.

Here is the full log file: https://ufile.io/yk7eio4m

Dyndolod shows me a page with a summary of all the messages after the failed/partial generation of the lods: file:///C:/Modding/Skyrim%20Tools/Dyndolod%203/DynDOLOD/Summary/DynDOLOD_Index.html

The messagws listed are the following:

1. Deleted Reference (it lists many deleted references from the Dawnguard.esm, Update.esm, HearthFires.esm and 2 deleted references from ArteFake.esp)

ArteFake:

] <Warning: Deleted reference ArteFake.esp [REFR:02015D7A] (places ArmorDraugrHelmet "Ancient Nord Helmet" [ARMO:00056A9E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SoulCairnPOIRJ02 [CELL:02002C8A] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 5,-3))>
] <Warning: Deleted reference ArteFake.esp [REFR:02015D87] (places DummyGreatSword [WEAP:0006A0B8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SoulCairnPOIRJ02 [CELL:02002C8A] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 5,-3))>

2. File Not Found Meshes/Textures (It lists only files from Beyond Skyrim that i suppose are planned to be implemented in future updates)

3. LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD

] <Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64.exe returned 280. Check C:\Modding\Skyrim Tools\Dyndolod 3\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
] Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

4. Large Reference Bugs from the following mods:

Overwritten large reference in the following mods:

AI Overhaul.esp
Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp
Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp
BeyondSkyrimMerchant.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Dlizzio's Mesh Fixes.esp
Embers XD.esp
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp
Identity Crisis.esp
Inigo.esp
Lux Orbis.esp
NewArmoury.esp 
Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp 
Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp
Requiem.esp
Skyrim Bridges.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

Initially disabled large reference in the following mods:

Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp 
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Identity Crisis.esp
Landscape and Water Fixes.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
Lux.esp
Skyrim Bridges.esp

Overwritten large reference in the following mods: 

Lux.esp
Requiem-betterForgottenVale.esp

5. Potentially wild edit reference in Arnima.esm (from Beyond Reach):

] <Warning: Potentially wild edit reference with z = 0.0 arnima.esm [REFR:0C2712AA] (places NorTentSmallLightSnow [STAT:00083ADC] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0C000D63] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:0C000D62] at 0,0))>

6. Property not found in Scripts:

Warning: Property not found myactivator03 in scripts\aaabookofriddlesscript.pex Identity Crisis.esp 000BookofRiddlesActivator "Book of Riddles" [ACTI:4D09B918]
Warning: Property not found placedpilebase in scripts\mnps_pileharvestscript.pex HearthCraft.esp MNPS_OaristysOreBucket_QuicksilverRef "Quicksilver Ore Bucket" [ACTI:4A13A2EA]
Warning: Property not found playerref in scripts\mnps_pileharvestscript.pex HearthCraft.esp MNPS_OaristysOreBucket_QuicksilverRef "Quicksilver Ore Bucket" [ACTI:4A13A2EA]
] <Warning: Property not found arnimasound in scripts\arnimadestroyonactivate.pex arnima.esm [REFR:0C399638] (places ArnimasetstageboxPlace "..." [ACTI:0C399639] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0C003882] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:0C000D62]) at 4,-10)>

7. Root Block:

from Folkvangr, Cathedral - 3d Pine Grass, Origins of Forest, Legacy of the Dragonborn, Beyond Skyrim and Beyond Reach.

8. Textures do not match

for

"MountainCliffSlope:0"

"MountainCliffSlope:2"

"RockCliffMineEntrance02:1

"RockCliffMineEntrance02:21"

all of which come from Beyond Skyrim.

Has somebody encountered the same issues and was able to solve them?

Up to a Week ago I was able to generate Dyndolod with the same exact load order without any issue.

"Error processing grass data Tamrielx-017y-036.cgid" from the LODGen log is self kind of explanatory.
There is a problem with the mentioned cgid file. The contextual help for LODGen errors should have been this https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen page, which includes an explanation for this message and how to solve it. So does 
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Troubelshooting.

Each entry from the Summary has explanations what they mean and what action they might require if any.
If you have a specific question about a particular mod or message, then ask it.

The vanilla DLC contains deleted references and everybody will have the warning messages if they are not cleaned.
Everybody will have the same large reference overwriting warning from those plugins, since they were made without considering the Skyrim SE large reference bugs. And so on.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

"Error processing grass data Tamrielx-017y-036.cgid" from the LODGen log is self kind of explanatory.
There is a problem with the mentioned cgid file. The contextual help for LODGen errors should have been this https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen page, which includes an explanation for this message and how to solve it. So does 
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Troubelshooting.

Each entry from the Summary has explanations what they mean and what action they might require if any.
If you have a specific question about a particular mod or message, then ask it.

The vanilla DLC contains deleted references and everybody will have the warning messages if they are not cleaned.
Everybody will have the same large reference overwriting warning from those plugins, since they were made without considering the Skyrim SE large reference bugs. And so on.

I have done as specified in the troubleshooting section, so I have deleted the Cgid file in question, loaded the game and used the "cow Tamriel" command for the coordinates that were causing issues, but I didn't get any message of No Grass in objects generating them anew, nor can I find the new cgid file in my overwrite folder. Did I have to follow some more steps that aren't mentioned in the troubleshooting section? Is it meant to be done while executing the "Grass Cache" command from MO2?

11 minutes ago, Werterdert1 said:

I have done as specified in the troubleshooting section, so I have deleted the Cgid file in question, loaded the game and used the "cow Tamriel" command for the coordinates that were causing issues, but I didn't get any message of No Grass in objects generating them anew, nor can I find the new cgid file in my overwrite folder. Did I have to follow some more steps that aren't mentioned in the troubleshooting section? Is it meant to be done while executing the "Grass Cache" command from MO2?

You probably need to set OnlyLoadFromCache = False in the NGIO GrassControl.config.txt  so it is allowed to generate cgid files on demand. Once done, set it back to OnlyLoadFromCache = False

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

You probably need to set OnlyLoadFromCache = False in the NGIO GrassControl.config.txt  so it is allowed to generate cgid files on demand. Once done, set it back to OnlyLoadFromCache = False

Thank you, it worked: the files were generated again. Now I have to regenerate the Dyndolod file, so you'll probably get an answer in two to three hours. :)

58 minutes ago, Werterdert1 said:

I suppose it is enough if I only regenerate the lods for Tamriel Worldspace, correct?And then mege it with the previous one?

If the error were only generating object LOD meshes with LODGen and everything else completed successfully and you could save plugins, then it should be enough starting DynDOLOD in expert mode and select the desired worldspaces and click Execute LODGen to restart the object LOD meshes generation again.  See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode

On 12/19/2021 at 7:32 AM, sheson said:

describe and ask about the actual problem instead.

2.98 has normal leaf textures for ultra trees 3.xx has low resolution billboard(?) instead

3.xx

Screen-Shot13.png

Screen-Shot15.png

Selected tree billboards in texgen: yes

Edited by soupdragon

11 hours ago, soupdragon said:

2.98 has normal leaf textures for ultra trees 3.xx has low resolution billboard(?) instead

Selected tree billboards in texgen: yes

Billboards are complete side views of trees. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

The screenshots do not show billboards. The player typically never gets close to LOD like this in normal game play. It is unclear what the problem is supposed to be.

Zero information was provided. No mention which tree mod and which 3D tree LOD model, no mention about used settings, etc.

To determine if a texture that is added to the texture atlas would benefit from a higher resolution, see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texture-Resolution#Determine-Sensible-Texture-Resolutions
Which exact setting to change depends on the assets being used in this case.

hi. I want to ask how to solve this, 
    DynDOLOD  
Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:0700AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "天际" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

Hello, I was using DynDOLOD 3 in SE and love the distance grass. Now that I already upgraded to AE and the mod No Grass In Objects is broken in AE. I want to use DynDOLOD 3 grass LOD in new game. Is there a workaround for grass LOD to be generated?

I am sorry if this question has already asked in the past, if so, I can't find it.

5 hours ago, zhuabaobao said:

DynDOLOD  
Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:0700AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "天际" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

Update to latest Realistic Water Two I believe should fix this. Otherwise, there really is nothing you can do. 

On 12/23/2021 at 6:41 AM, zhuabaobao said:

DynDOLOD  

Read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Initially-Disabled-Large-Reference

As suggest see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References for further explanations.

If the affected cell has visible z-fighting caused by this large reference being initially disabled, the only solutions are to not initially disable the reference or to move all the large references that have visible z-fighting underground and replace them with new reference that are not large references. Or do not use the large reference system at all by turning it off.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:13 AM, redleviathan said:

Hello, I was using DynDOLOD 3 in SE and love the distance grass. Now that I already upgraded to AE and the mod No Grass In Objects is broken in AE. I want to use DynDOLOD 3 grass LOD in new game. Is there a workaround for grass LOD to be generated?

I am sorry if this question has already asked in the past, if so, I can't find it.

DynDOLOD does not require NGIO, it requires the cgid files to generate grass LOD.

That means, you can use the cgid files generated with NGIO using runtime 1.5.97 to generate Grass LOD with mode 1 with DynDOLOD and use it with runtime 1.6.342 without NGIO running and let the full grass be done as usual by the engine.The position of the LOD and full grass will not match perfectly.

To achieve that, you could rename the all cgid files to just gid and set bAllowCreateGrass=0 and bAllowLoadGrass=1 in the Skyrim INI. However you need to make sure that all vanilla *.gid files from Skyrim - Misc.bsa  are being overwritten, since they are invalid (still in the Skyrim format) and cause visual problems/CTD.

3 hours ago, redleviathan said:

I see. Problem is the changes in my load order was significant. I added Bruma mod and big landscape changing mods, this IMO will requires regenerate the cgid files. If somehow I don't use NGIO, is it possible to regenerate the cgid files?

cgid files were "invented" by NGIO. There is no other tool that generates them at the moment.