DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, Jibbo-66 said:

I'm currently trying to update from old DynDOLOD to 3.0. I've done everything required and it all seems to work fine up until I'm generating the LOD. Right of the bat I get the error posted below. Obviously is between legacy of the dragonborn and clockwork castle. Once I get those errors my LOD and MO crash instantly. What would cause this and how would I go about fixing it? It was never a problem with old DynDOLOD, I may just revert back if I need to.

Read the first post which entire (for the last meaningful generation) log files to upload when making posts.

Check https://dyndolod.info/Messages for the explanations of log messages, warning and errors and the severity and if they require action.
Check the summary (..\DynDOLOD\Summary\DynDOLOD_Index.html) which consolidates many of the same log messages into an easier to browse format with the explanations.

Do not install 3rd tree LOD party billboard, instead use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ answers for ILS or CTD and the ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt how to troubleshoot CTD. The easiest option is to check the .Net Framework Crashlog if available. Post it if help is required with it or just ask if you have further specific questions.

I ended up just reverting back. I fixed the list of warnings I showed but was then littered with more from other mods and I figured it wasn't worth it. I may try it on a new character but at this point it's not worth losing my current one to get it working. I'll keep this in mind for the future though, thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Jibbo-66 said:

I ended up just reverting back. I fixed the list of warnings I showed but was then littered with more from other mods and I figured it wasn't worth it. I may try it on a new character but at this point it's not worth losing my current one to get it working. I'll keep this in mind for the future though, thanks! 

CTDs are typically caused by 3rd party assets. It's always a good idea to really troubleshoot and fix them. Disabling something is a troubleshooting step and not a fix.

Older versions report missing meshes and root nodes being NiNode etc. as well. Problems  or warnings in the load order are not going away because there is no log message about them for easier troubleshooting.

I can no longer run Dyndolod successfully as of the newest alpha. It is halting with an error over Dydolod "More Racism in Windhelm" mod due to the error container records... it tells me I need to fix the errors or remove the mod.   I have actually fixed the errors in a patch that follows the mod, but this is not enough to satisfy Dyndolod anymore.. 

Can I disable this function?

edit: it appears I missed resolving one of the errors in my patch .  after adding the additional fix to my patch, it worked!

Edited by Soulmancer

Hello, as the title says, I'm having issues with missing textures involving textures/dlc01/landscape/icewall01_n.dds. The weird thing is, this only happens near the end of the generation when it is making 'temporary files.' I have no idea why it is doing this, as I don't believe I've changed anything since the last time I ran dyndolod, I was just rerunning it as I'm ready to start my new playthrough, so I thought having the newest generated LODs would be beneficial, but now I cannot proceed after this error.
I went into my files and can confirm that icewall01_n.dds does not exist, but I don't know why. I just did a clean install of my game, ran xEdit cleaning on the DLCS, etc. All in preparation for starting a new save game. I've seen some other posts similar to this but haven't really gotten an answer, my skyrim.ini is untouched, I have no mods that are causing conflicts with this texture, I reinstalled dyndolod and its resources, idk man.
Here's my log: TexGen_SSE_log.txt

24 minutes ago, katsoa said:
Hello, as the title says, I'm having issues with missing textures involving textures/dlc01/landscape/icewall01_n.dds. The weird thing is, this only happens near the end of the generation when it is making 'temporary files.' I have no idea why it is doing this, as I don't believe I've changed anything since the last time I ran dyndolod, I was just rerunning it as I'm ready to start my new playthrough, so I thought having the newest generated LODs would be beneficial, but now I cannot proceed after this error.
I went into my files and can confirm that icewall01_n.dds does not exist, but I don't know why. I just did a clean install of my game, ran xEdit cleaning on the DLCS, etc. All in preparation for starting a new save game. I've seen some other posts similar to this but haven't really gotten an answer, my skyrim.ini is untouched, I have no mods that are causing conflicts with this texture, I reinstalled dyndolod and its resources, idk man.

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test. I moved the post to the thread.

Read the first post what debug log files to also upload when making posts.

Really read the entire message. You may be misinterpreting its meaning.

Read the explanations from the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" if the link exists.

Use the "Copy this message to clipboard" from the message to copy and paste the message when making posts.

icewall01_n exists in Skyrim - Textures4.bsa

I tried to update the plugins... and got following error message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID DynDOLOD_HolyCow in DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD_HolyCow [STAT:28000920] and DynDOLOD.esp DynDOLOD_HolyCow [STAT:F4000920]

[Exit DynDOLOD]

Hello! I Started using the newest Alpha on my new/clean Skyrim AE installation. After Running textgen I got some errors but was able to handle em by getting missing files from mods. However after running the dyndolod I got loads of reports/errors on the summary messages. Mainly about Legacy of the dragonborn and cutting room floor. Lots of missing meshes/textures and Large reference bugs, also couple of the DLCs got missing script. Ive uploaded 2 files via the link below as per instructions. Hopefully they are useful and the right ones :blush: Messaged about the errors to mod makers too. Also read and tried to understand about the problems via links the summary provided

https://ufile.io/f/y9i03

Edited by Separaattori

2 hours ago, aragonit said:

I tried to update the plugins... and got following error message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID DynDOLOD_HolyCow in DynDOLOD.esm DynDOLOD_HolyCow [STAT:28000920] and DynDOLOD.esp DynDOLOD_HolyCow [STAT:F4000920]

[Exit DynDOLOD]

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

Are you trying to update existing DynDOLOD plugins made with an earlier Alpha version?

Try generating from scratch instead.

1 hour ago, Separaattori said:

Hello! I Started using the newest Alpha on my new/clean Skyrim AE installation. After Running textgen I got some errors but was able to handle em by getting missing files from mods. However after running the dyndolod I got loads of reports/errors on the summary messages. Mainly about Legacy of the dragonborn and cutting room floor. Lots of missing meshes/textures and Large reference bugs, also couple of the DLCs got missing script. Ive uploaded 2 files via the link below as per instructions. Hopefully they are useful and the right ones :blush: Messaged about the errors to mod makers too. Also read and tried to understand about the problems via links the summary provided

https://ufile.io/f/y9i03

I am not sure what the question is?

Read the explanations given for each message type, about the severity and if they require action.

Hello, again...I have a small issue with a piece of the Skyforge lod sticking out of the Whiterun wall.  I looked up the ID in xEdit and the offending nif is WRSkyForge01LOD.  XEdit shows only Skyrim.esm in the right panel.  Looking this nif up in the data tab in mo2, though, shows it being provided by Dyndolod resources.  Here is a screenshot of the issue I'm having:

https://imgur.com/a/VX8cQLb

Using Dyndolod resources alpha 16 and Dyndolod 3.0 alpha 57.  Any idea why this may be happening?

Edit - Ok, I actually fixed it and here's what it was...I was looking at the dyndo resources nif in nifskope and saw that it showed the sharp protrusion in the model.  I saw that there was a mesh fix for HD LODs solving this same problem and by renaming that fixed mesh to WRSkyForge01LOD from it's orig. name it fixed the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/YZZTSyo

Edited by MisterMorden

8 hours ago, sheson said:

I am not sure what the question is?

Read the explanations given for each message type, about the severity and if they require action.

Well, this seems to be bug report forum and I'm reporting bugs? Also some mod author(s) report that they didn't have these problems with earlier version of dyndolod and suggest that the new dyndolod has changed something to cause these errors as their mods have had the same working structure for many years. So here I am then, reporting possible bugs/glitches that might or might not need fixing by the dyndolod team

2 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Hello, again...I have a small issue with a piece of the Skyforge lod sticking out of the Whiterun wall.  I looked up the ID in xEdit and the offending nif is WRSkyForge01LOD.  XEdit shows only Skyrim.esm in the right panel.  Looking this nif up in the data tab in mo2, though, shows it being provided by Dyndolod resources.  Here is a screenshot of the issue I'm having:

https://imgur.com/a/VX8cQLb

Using Dyndolod resources alpha 16 and Dyndolod 3.0 alpha 57.  Any idea why this may be happening?

Edit - Ok, I actually fixed it and here's what it was...I was looking at the dyndo resources nif in nifskope and saw that it showed the sharp protrusion in the model.  I saw that there was a mesh fix for HD LODs solving this same problem and by renaming that fixed mesh to WRSkyForge01LOD from it's orig. name it fixed the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/YZZTSyo

This is a vanilla bug. The LOD model included in DynDOLOD Resources was supposed to fix it. Maybe it is the wrong LOD model (I will need check that) or may be there is a plugins moving the wall.

3 hours ago, Separaattori said:

Well, this seems to be bug report forum and I'm reporting bugs? Also some mod author(s) report that they didn't have these problems with earlier version of dyndolod and suggest that the new dyndolod has changed something to cause these errors as their mods have had the same working structure for many years. So here I am then, reporting possible bugs/glitches that might or might not need fixing by the dyndolod team

DynDOLOD reporting a problem in the load order does not mean it is causing the problems. That should be obvious after actually reading the explanations for a message.

Unless you are saying that the warnings about missing files are not factual? DynDOLOD 2.x also reported missing meshes, for example:

SpoilerMissing models were ignored by DynDOLOD.
Below is a list of base records with missing models which are used by references:
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm _DA_Light4DBM [MSTT:1036C11B]: Missing model "meshes\dungeons\ship\da_skyship\da_light4.nif"
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm _DA_Light1DBM [MSTT:1036C11C]: Missing model "meshes\dungeons\ship\da_skyship\da_light1.nif"
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm _DA_Light2DBM [MSTT:1036C11D]: Missing model "meshes\dungeons\ship\da_skyship\da_light2.nif"
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm _DA_Light5DBM [MSTT:1036C11E]: Missing model "meshes\dungeons\ship\da_skyship\da_light5.nif"
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm _DA_Light3DBM [MSTT:1036C11F]: Missing model "meshes\dungeons\ship\da_skyship\da_light3.nif"
References using base records with missing models can cause CTD.
Install the missing meshes, then generate LOD again if LOD for reference using these base records is desired.

The root node being a NiNode is also reported by DynDOLOD 2.x for example:
Root block of meshes\dbm resources\architecture\museum.nif is NiNode - ignoring DBMOldMuseum [STAT:1013D92C] in LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm for dynamic LOD

DynDOLOD 2.x also reports overwritten large references, for example:

Spoiler
Checking for plugins causing texture z-fighting flicker because of large references bugs.
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000D3AE8] (places RockCliff02Snow01 [STAT:0001EF3B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior02 [CELL:0000907C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 17,10))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000D5FF7] (places TreePineForestLog01Heavy_SN [STAT:00054CE8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000093B7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -3,15))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000F580D] (places FXAmbSnowBlowingPlane [MSTT:000197C7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFHoarfrostGrotto [CELL:00008F00] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 25,22))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000D3AE9] (places RockCliff03Snow [STAT:00024BAD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of NightgateInnExterior01 [CELL:0000905D] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 17,11))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:0006716B] (places WRWallRubblePile02 [STAT:00067168] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior14 [CELL:0000961C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 3,-3))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00049210] (places RoadStraight01 [STAT:0001C42F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -11,-15)
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00080C54] (places RTWall06OuterCRF [STAT:1101F65A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000F57F2] (places RockPileL01Snow [STAT:00032A94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFHoarfrostGrotto [CELL:00008F00] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 25,22))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00062DAF] (places RockPileL01Snow [STAT:00032A94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of StonehillsExterior01 [CELL:000093B6] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -2,15))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00097412] (places RockCliff03 [STAT:00025DA8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFIrontreeMill [CELL:00009389] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -23,17))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00097413] (places RockCliff02PineForest02 [STAT:00054C32] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFIrontreeMill [CELL:00009389] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -23,17))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000EF5E2] (places FXSmokeWispsLg2x1 [MSTT:00077776] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00008EAE] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 14,25))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000EF5E1] (places FXSmokeWispsLg2x1 [MSTT:00077776] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00008EAE] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 14,25))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000973CA] (places RockPileL02PineForest02 [STAT:0005B810] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFFrostRiverSE [CELL:00009387] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -21,17))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000973BB] (places MountainTrim01PineForest02 [STAT:00055036] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFFrostRiverFarmWest [CELL:00009367] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -22,18))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00098CDA] (places RockPileL01PineForest02 [STAT:0005DB00] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFFrostRiverSmithCell [CELL:00009388] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -22,17))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00098CD6] (places DirtCliffs03PineForest02 [STAT:0005B7E2] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CRFFrostRiverSmithCell [CELL:00009388] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -22,17))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00062EAE] (places RockCliff04Snow [STAT:00024C94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000907B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 18,10))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000D5FC0] (places RockPileL01Snow [STAT:00032A94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of StonehillsExterior02 [CELL:00009395] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -2,16))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000424AC] (places RockPileL03TundraRocks01 [STAT:0003ABE0] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior01 [CELL:0000961B] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-3))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:000FE25E] (places CollisionMarker [STAT:00000021] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenCitySoutheast [CELL:00042243] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 43,-25))
Cutting Room Floor.esp [REFR:00080C4E] (places RTWall06InnerCRF [STAT:1101F659] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RiftenCitySoutheast [CELL:00042243] (in RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4] at 43,-25))

The sad truth with the large reference bugs triggered by large references being overwritten is that most people including mod authors have not read the explanations or understood the problem and its possible workarounds. Hence they can not make qualified statements about it.

A statement like "it works" does not mean there can not be problems. The game is failure tolerant to a degree. 
If the player never goes to an area where a missing assets are used, then there won't be a noticeable issue for example.

As explained, DynDOLOD tries to ignore problematic assets or records for the very reason to avoid triggering any issues. As the past years have shown, CTDs and other issues are almost always caused by third party assets or plugins. Reporting the problem and then trying to skip over it for LOD generation means no CTD "caused by DynDOLOD" as people often put it, but can still mean visual inconsistency. The log message are printed so that they can be investigated and addressed if necessary.

If you believe a specific log message to be wrong about a problem then report that. 
If further explanations or investigation of a particular issue in a mod is needed, then ask about that.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

This is a vanilla bug. The LOD model included in DynDOLOD Resources was supposed to fix it. Maybe it is the wrong LOD model (I will need check that) or may be there is a plugins moving the wall.

Hmm, I actually tried vanilla + only ussep & alternate start as a troubleshooting step and it wasn't present.  I also checked the wall there with xEdit but I didn't see anything altering it either.  This is probably a dumb question, but why wouldn't I see dyndolod resources affecting the skyforge lod nif in xEdit instead of just Skyrim.esm?  As always, your help is very much appreciated. 

Edited by MisterMorden

1 hour ago, MisterMorden said:

Hmm, I actually tried vanilla + only ussep & alternate start as a troubleshooting step and it wasn't present.  I also checked the wall there with xEdit but I didn't see anything altering it either.  This is probably a dumb question, but why wouldn't I see dyndolod resources affecting the skyforge lod nif in xEdit instead of just Skyrim.esm?  As always, your help is very much appreciated. 

Why do you expect a DynDOLOD plugin to do anything to the forge reference or base record?

This is an object LOD model that gets shown in the loaded cell and that gets combined into the object LOD meshes for the area. There is no need to do anything to the reference or base record.

The DynDOLOD Resource simple contain the same vanilla LOD model but with the path to the full texture instead.
I could have sworn I edited the model at one point to fix the triangles through the wall, but I that changed model got lost somewhere and never made it into the Resources.