DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

17 hours ago, sheson said:

Yes you are correct, both BOS and DynDOLOD also sort the BOS INIs alphabetical. Same issue with the case sensitivity though - that I double checked with the logs. So that will be fixed as well.

I thought as much. Just want to make sure you get it right this time, though. Intuitively I think the order should be _AaBbCc..., not ABC...XYZ_abc... as you claimed it is. At least I think that is the sorting that is used on Windows.

8 hours ago, Jonado said:

I thought as much. Just want to make sure you get it right this time, though. Intuitively I think the order should be _AaBbCc..., not ABC...XYZ_abc... as you claimed it is. At least I think that is the sorting that is used on Windows.

xEdit  ignores the case filenames of assets by default, so I'll change that for when reading these INIs. Windows Explorer sorts case insensitive, too since by default filenames are case insensitive. Sorting is usually based on the ASCII order in programming context. The logs report this:

INI : Data\AB_SWAP.ini
INI : Data\Aa_SWAP.ini
INI : Data\B_SWAP.ini
INI : Data\a_SWAP.ini

INI : Data\Seasons\AB_WIN.ini
INI : Data\Seasons\Aa_WIN.ini
INI : Data\Seasons\B_WIN.ini
INI : Data\Seasons\a_WIN.ini

13 hours ago, KRZ said:

Once again everything's brand new, including TerrainLOD this time, but the crashes persist.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/FDlAwDTa#pI9vxOzqgJoBPAB8x5lMWILKdnqLzjxsXwmVdZ6QzQU

Fwiw, I've noticed there are a ton of 0D and FE005 FormIDs in xEdit's error report, which are

evgSirenroot.esm https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/70917 and

Landscape and Water Fixes.esp https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26138 in my LO.
I wonder whether that's related somehow.

Prefix.png

Peculiar, I've done another Alpha 170 output without Sirenroot and Landscape and Water Fixes, but while all the 0D errors are gone, the FE005 have changed. Everything related to this is in Logs 2 & DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug 2.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug 2: https://mega.nz/file/9XsBEADa#mMWBomfMs2suBL9rzJLxHOQwFrVpbDRO3ifMmHFhaBs

Logs.zip 1.21 MB · 1 download

Logs 2.zip 1.15 MB · 1 download

Lets continue with the generation without Sirenroot and Landscape and Water Fixes. Upload that DynDOLOD.esm

In the meantime, if you are so inclined, could you doublecheck no such errors exist after generation with 169?

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Lets continue with the generation without Sirenroot and Landscape and Water Fixes. Upload that DynDOLOD.esm

In the meantime, if you are so inclined, could you doublecheck no such errors exist after generation with 169?

I'll get back to you once 169 output is generated

DynDOLOD.esm

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sheson said:

To keep it short, there's no errors besides the Unknown: 2, which are expected. For sake of completion I've included it regardless.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/gX1RXL6C#uZKEtw9HJCBm72IbmBkq5LNln1E1j6PDS5Hb675C5EE

Edit: It's probably a reach, but I wanna try it anyways: I've deleted a ton of entries from Fabled Forests cause I only wanted the additional tree placement, but never actually cleaned the plugin. I just did and it removed 2000 something identical to master records. I'll try another Alpha 170 and see what's going to happen. Nevermind, nothing's changed

Logs Alpha 169 (new 2).zip DynDOLOD.esm

Edited by KRZ

8 hours ago, KRZ said:

To keep it short, there's no errors besides the Unknown: 2, which are expected. For sake of completion I've included it regardless.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/gX1RXL6C#uZKEtw9HJCBm72IbmBkq5LNln1E1j6PDS5Hb675C5EE

Edit: It's probably a reach, but I wanna try it anyways: I've deleted a ton of entries from Fabled Forests cause I only wanted the additional tree placement, but never actually cleaned the plugin. I just did and it removed 2000 something identical to master records. I'll try another Alpha 170 and see what's going to happen. Nevermind, nothing's changed

Logs Alpha 169 (new 2).zip 1.15 MB · 2 downloads DynDOLOD.esm

Let me know if this test version makes a difference https://mega.nz/file/JMhCEbhI#7lnJ2qwh-K00Uk1zIflcQEEEBQNqHHiLXy9V2y78Xf0

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sheson said:

Let me know if this test version makes a difference https://mega.nz/file/JMhCEbhI#7lnJ2qwh-K00Uk1zIflcQEEEBQNqHHiLXy9V2y78Xf0

Sadly no success. The FormIDs have changed, but xEdit still reports errors. 08 is USSEP.

Fwiw, the crashes in Whiterun and Riften are gone. I'm assuming that with the unintended errors in xEdit the crashes only have changed location though. maybe.

Just to throw in more ideas what could be causing it: I'm using best of both worlds downgrade to 1.5.97 from 1.6.640, perhaps that's causing a missmatch? Latest available downgrade is from 1.6.1130. Also I'm relying on BEES https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441. And I haven't created new Terrain LOD for the non Sirenroot/SLaWF LO. If that needs updating as well, my bad, I didn't know, please tell.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/4OchDY6S#8eaQcckzsctwFHnhWFHPlCm8NvMY86uFFVX9SAzSlFU

Logs 171.zip DynDOLOD.esm

Edited by KRZ

1 hour ago, KRZ said:

Sadly no success. The FormIDs have changed, but xEdit still reports errors. 08 is USSEP.

Fwiw, the crashes in Whiterun and Riften are gone. I'm assuming that with the unintended errors in xEdit the crashes only have changed location though. maybe.

Just to throw in more ideas what could be causing it: I'm using best of both worlds downgrade to 1.5.97 from 1.6.640, perhaps that's causing a missmatch? Latest available downgrade is from 1.6.1130. Also I'm relying on BEES https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441. And I haven't created new Terrain LOD for the non Sirenroot/SLaWF LO. If that needs updating as well, my bad, I didn't know, please tell.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/4OchDY6S#8eaQcckzsctwFHnhWFHPlCm8NvMY86uFFVX9SAzSlFU

Logs 171.zip 232.39 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD.esm

Do not worry about plugins, versions etc. This is about the internal form IDs not matching the saved master list.

Let me know how are things with this control version https://mega.nz/file/dRZiVTBQ#jcNj-wwdpC8J4rMDrrtfpS8zPYBJ8eRSkSYljOEBQ5M

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not worry about plugins, versions etc. This is about the internal form IDs not matching the saved master list.

Let me know how are things with this control version https://mega.nz/file/dRZiVTBQ#jcNj-wwdpC8J4rMDrrtfpS8zPYBJ8eRSkSYljOEBQ5M

This one's looking good in xEdit. Unknown 2 only. No crashes in game either. I've attached DynDOLOD logs, just in case.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/1OVi3ATa#WQN_Iquyedx69e_4LHhKnCn8BMfQCy4DbkwtNf9cHfw

I'll start another run with Sirenroot and SLaWF and share the results once I got them.

Great success. Unknown 2 only.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug: https://mega.nz/file/0GdmWY6B#PuPZGFUWPAUm1a1rM7S0YbUGebjXv7GjKfrk2mmc_TU This one's with Sirenroot + SLaWF.

The text-files containing 'Complete' in their title are including Sirenroot + SLaWF.

May I ask how the mismatch came to happen? It sounds like something more people should encounter so I'm still sceptical I messed up somewhere.

Thank you for all the troubleshooting help!

Error Check 170C.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Error Check 170C Complete.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log Complete.txt

DynDOLOD.esm Complete.zip

Edited by KRZ

Posted (edited)

81FPSwithoutgrassLOD.thumb.jpg.e3b3cab44c610e0884f00654fe228d5e.jpg

First image with no grass LOD I am getting a stable 81 FPS. Besides the grass LOD, the Dyndolod settings are the same for both images.

53FPSwithgrassLODdensity25.thumb.jpg.fb22b236aafd345513cf95dd45b6c593.jpg

Second image with grass LOD I am getting a stable 53 FPS.

For grass cache generation I used NGIO with superdensegrass=false and Dyndolod Mode=1. Veydosebrom mod default INI settings were iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15 and iMinGrassSize=20, so I carried forward the same settings in NGIO for generating the grass cache. I also have Grass Helper NG installed with default settings and used it when generating both the grass cache, TexGen and Dyndolod outputs.

The grass billboards were the default res for 1920x1080 and not HD. Then I chose 25 density in Dyndolod and grass mode 1.

Is a 28 FPS drop like this normal? I expected a significant performance hit but this seems excessive and took far more FPS than 3d tree LOD with Nature of the Wild Lands mod installed. The grass LOD's alone hit as hard as an ENB preset so I'm wondering if some setting is problematic or if I'm just underestimating the performance cost of grass LOD.

The grass LOD is also much greener than the full grass in the loaded cell. I will try to fix this later with the INI color setting but for now I am more concerned about performance. It seems like the LOD grass is still more dense than the full grass and doesn't match the grass types of the full grass. I'm not sure if it is the color difference and 2D/3D difference which are creating this impression or if grass LOD generation has other limitations. I'm using Obsidian Weathers but no ENB here.

Edit: Also, from what I understand the NGIO settings 'Overwrite-grass-distance = 7000.000000' and 'Overwrite-grass-fade-range = 18000.000000' only affect the full grass visibility in the loaded cell and make no difference for generating the grass cache and Dyndolod grass LOD generation.

Edited by drift123
extra info

4 hours ago, drift123 said:

81FPSwithoutgrassLOD.thumb.jpg.e3b3cab44c610e0884f00654fe228d5e.jpg

First image with no grass LOD I am getting a stable 81 FPS. Besides the grass LOD, the Dyndolod settings are the same for both images.

53FPSwithgrassLODdensity25.thumb.jpg.fb22b236aafd345513cf95dd45b6c593.jpg

Second image with grass LOD I am getting a stable 53 FPS.

For grass cache generation I used NGIO with superdensegrass=false and Dyndolod Mode=1. Veydosebrom mod default INI settings were iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15 and iMinGrassSize=20, so I carried forward the same settings in NGIO for generating the grass cache. I also have Grass Helper NG installed with default settings and used it when generating both the grass cache, TexGen and Dyndolod outputs.

The grass billboards were the default res for 1920x1080 and not HD. Then I chose 25 density in Dyndolod and grass mode 1.

Is a 28 FPS drop like this normal? I expected a significant performance hit but this seems excessive and took far more FPS than 3d tree LOD with Nature of the Wild Lands mod installed. The grass LOD's alone hit as hard as an ENB preset so I'm wondering if some setting is problematic or if I'm just underestimating the performance cost of grass LOD.

The grass LOD is also much greener than the full grass in the loaded cell. I will try to fix this later with the INI color setting but for now I am more concerned about performance. It seems like the LOD grass is still more dense than the full grass and doesn't match the grass types of the full grass. I'm not sure if it is the color difference and 2D/3D difference which are creating this impression or if grass LOD generation has other limitations. I'm using Obsidian Weathers but no ENB here.

Edit: Also, from what I understand the NGIO settings 'Overwrite-grass-distance = 7000.000000' and 'Overwrite-grass-fade-range = 18000.000000' only affect the full grass visibility in the loaded cell and make no difference for generating the grass cache and Dyndolod grass LOD generation.

No logs were provided. The performance requirement depends on the load order, hardware and settings. Choose mods, settings and generate the LOD patch according to your needs.

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure means there can be more grass per landscape. A setting of 15 is 7.5 times higher than the default of 2, though how much grasses are there per texture depends on records in plugins and grass mods. iMinGrassSize of 20 is the default density. Increasing the value means less dense grass.

If grass LOD does not match the full grass, then likely reasons are that a different grass cache was used for LOD generation, the game not using the grass to place full grass or the load order changed after generating LOD.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

No logs were provided.

The debug log is 157 mb so I can't attach it but I put the DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt which is for the generation with grass LOD at 53 FPS.

There was a warning about a missing mesh from ELFX but I assumed that isn't relevant for the grass LOD in Whiterun.

There are some other warnings too but they didn't get listed in the summary page after generating LOD. Several of these warnings including the ELFX warning were present before generating grass LOD where I was getting 81 FPS but I don't know for sure if they were all present.

I'm going to test the extended grass feature in NGIO and see what the performance impact is in comparison to the grass LOD.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

No logs were provided.

Here are the INI settings for grass-related mods that were used:

Veydosebrom INI:

Spoiler

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

fGrassFadeRange=18000

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15

iMinGrassSize=20

NGIO Grass Control

Spoiler

[Debug]

;Enable additional debug logging.

Debug-Log-Enable = false

[RayCastConfig]

;Use ray casting to detect where grass shouldn't grow (inside rocks or roads).

Ray-cast-enabled = true

;The distance above grass that must be free. 200 is slightly more than player height.

Ray-cast-height = 150.000000

;The distance below grass that must be free.

Ray-cast-depth = 5.000000

;Which collision layers to check when raycasting. Not recommended to change unless you know what you're doing. These are collision layer index from CK separated by space.

Ray-cast-collision-layers = 1 2 13 20 31

;Which objects will raycast ignore. This can be useful if you want grass to still grow from some objects (such as roads).The format is formid : formfile separated by; for example "1812A:Skyrim.esm;1812D:Skyrim.esm" would add RoadChunkL01 and RoadChunkL02 forms to ignore list. Base forms go here not object references !

Ray-cast-ignore-forms =

[GrassConfig]

;Enable much more grass without having to change mod files.

Super-dense-grass = false

;How the super dense mode is achieved. Not recommended to change for normal play. This does nothing unless you enable SuperDenseGrass setting.7 is normal game(meaning nothing is actually changed), 6 or less would be much less grass, 8 is dense, 9 is ?, 10 + is probably crash city.

Super-dense-mode = 8

;Whether to track how much time is taken to generate grass. Whenever you open console the result is reported. Try disabling all settings except profiler, go to game and in main menu 'coc riverwood', after loading open console to see normal game time. Then enable settings and check again how it changed. Remember to coc from main menu instead of loading save because it might not be accurate otherwise.

Profiler-report = false

;This will generate cache files in /Data/Grass/ and use those when we have them. Any time you change anything with your mod setup you must delete the contents of that directory so new cache can be generated or you will have bugs like floating grass or still grass in objects(that were changed by mods).

Use-grass-cache = true

;Set true if you want to enable extended grass distance mode. This will allow grass to appear outside of loaded cells.Relevant ini settings : SkyrimPrefs.ini[Grass] fGrassStartFadeDistance

Extend-grass-distance = false

;Allow more grass to be made in total. This is needed if you use very dense grass or have large draw distance. Otherwise it will reach a limit and just stop making grass leaving weird empty squares.

Extend-grass-count = true

;Makes sure that the max grass types per texture setting is set to at least this much. Can be useful to make sure your INI isn't being overwritten by anything. Most grass replacer mods require this. Set 0 to disable any verification.

Ensure-max-grass-types-setting = 15

;Overwrite fGrassStartFadeDistance from any INI. If this is zero or higher then the grass distance will always be taken from this configuration instead of any INI.This can be useful if you have a million things overwriting your INI files and don't know what to edit, so you can just set it here. For example 7000 is vanilla highest in-game grass slider. If you want to set higher you need to enable ExtendGrassDistance setting as well or it will not look right in - game. What the setting actually means is that grass will start to fade out at this distance. Actual total grass distance is this value + fade range value.

Overwrite-grass-distance = 7000.000000

;Overwrite fGrassFadeRange from any INI. If this is zero or higher then the grass fade range will always be taken from this configuration instead of any INI. This determines the distance it takes for grass to completely fade out starting from OverwriteGrassDistance(or fGrassStartFadeDistance if you didn't use the overwrite). If you want the grass fade out to not be so sudden then increase this value.Probably recommended to keep this at least half of the other setting.

Overwrite-grass-fade-range = 18000.000000

;Overwrite iMinGrassSize from any INI. If this is zero or higher then the grass density setting (iMinGrassSize) will be taken from here instead of INI files. Lower values means more dense grass. 50 or 60 is normal mode with somewhat sparse grass(good performance).Lowering the value increases density !20 is very high density. You should probably not set lower than 20 if you decide to change it. The grass form density setting itself still mostly controls the actual density of grass, think of iMinGrassSize more of as a cap for that setting.

Overwrite-min-grass-size = -1

;Apply this scale to every piece of grass everywhere. For example 0.5 makes all grass pieces half the size it should be.

Global-grass-scale = 1.000000

;This will change how grass works. It means grass can only ever be loaded from files and not generated during play.

Only-load-from-cache = true

;When pre-generating grass then skip worldspaces with this editor IDs. This can greatly speed up generating if we know the worldspace will not need grass at all.

Skip-pregenerate-world-spaces = DLC2ApocryphaWorld;DLC01Boneyard;WindhelmPitWorldspace

;If this is not empty then skip every worldspace that isn't in this list.

Only-pregenerate-world-spaces = AlftandWorld;Blackreach;BloatedMansGrottoWorld;BluePalaceWingWorld;DarkwaterWorld;DeepwoodRedoubtWorld;DLC01Boneyard;DLC01FalmerValley;DLC01SoulCairn;DLC1AncestorsGladeWorld;DLC1DarkfallPassageWorld;DLC1ForebearsHoldout;DLC1HunterHQWorld;DLC1VampireCastleCourtyard;DLC2SolstheimWorld;EastEmpireWarehouse;EldergleamSanctuaryWorld;FallowstoneCaveWorldEnd;FallowstoneCaveWorldStart;FrostmereCryptWorld;JaphetsFollyWorld;KarthspireRedoubtWorld;KatariahWorld;LabyrinthianWorld03;LabyrinthianWorld04;MarkarthWorld;MossMotherCavernWorld;RedEagleRedoubtWorld;RiftenWorld;ShadowgreenCavernWorld;SkuldafnWorld;SolitudeWorld;Sovngarde;Tamriel;WhiterunDragonsreachWorld;WhiterunWorld;WindhelmPitWorldspace;WindhelmWorld

;Enable grass compatibility mode with DynDOLOD Grass LODs. Valid values: 0 = Disabled; 1 = Display grass only in active cells(without fade) and let DynDOLOD handle inactive cell Grass; 2 = Display grass only in active cells and large ref loaded cells(without fade) and let DynDOLOD handle grass outside of large ref cells

DynDOLOD-Grass-Mode = 1

;Maximum number of attempts to generate a grass cache before skipping a cell.

Max-Failures = 2

Grass Cache Helper NG INI:

Spoiler

[Settings]

UseCGID = 1 #This option will make Skyrim use .cgid files for grass loading instead of .gid. It's not recommended to set this to 0. Instead, keep everything named as .cgid.

ForceNoGrassWorlds = KatariahWorld #Comma separated worldspace editorids list to set to No Grass flag.

ForceGrassWorlds = WhiterunWorld #Comma separated worldspace editorids list to remove No Grass flag from.

SetGrassLoadCreate = 1 #Automatically sets bAllowCreateGrass, bAllowLoadGrass, bGenerateGrassDataFiles settings in the game ini by checking if you are generating precache or not.

AutoGrassDistanceSettings = 1 #Automatically calculates and sets iGrassCellRadius, fGrassStartFadeDistance, fGrassFadeRange using uGridsToLoad setting.

EnableGrassFade = 0 #Automatically sets bEnableGrassFade setting to 0. This is recommended if you are using Grass LODs.

32 minutes ago, drift123 said:

The debug log is 157 mb so I can't attach it but I put the DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt which is for the generation with grass LOD at 53 FPS.

There was a warning about a missing mesh from ELFX but I assumed that isn't relevant for the grass LOD in Whiterun.

There are some other warnings too but they didn't get listed in the summary page after generating LOD. Several of these warnings including the ELFX warning were present before generating grass LOD where I was getting 81 FPS but I don't know for sure if they were all present.

I'm going to test the extended grass feature in NGIO and see what the performance impact is in comparison to the grass LOD.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 973.33 kB · 0 downloads

Here are the INI settings for grass-related mods that were used:

Veydosebrom INI:

Reveal hidden contents

NGIO Grass Control

Reveal hidden contents

Grass Cache Helper NG INI:

Reveal hidden contents

As explained in the first post, my signature or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs,  zip large log files and use a file service to upload them.

You do not seem to use seasons, so it is unclear why you are using Grass Cache Helper NG.

If you want to compare performance requirements of full grass to grass LOD, make sure to extend it to the same distance as LOD Level 4 as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance

If you want to decrease performance requirements of grass LOD, reduce the density and/or shorten the LOD Level 4 distance as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size

I went to use Dyndolod but my access was denied by the program because it said my version was out of date.

So I download the new updates. I'm trying to run it but I am getting this error when it's loading everything in at start up:

https://imgur.com/iD19FBJhttps://imgur.com/iD19FBJhttps://imgur.com/iD19FBJI'm not happy tbh. I had a version working, and then the program turns around and tells me my access is denied. I don't like programs on my computer telling me what to do especially when I spent multiple hours trying to get it to run properly in first place.

And now this error. What is the matter with it now?

hig.thumb.jpg.016556f8b7f6a10bf1956fe2c8f7e12a.jpg

3 hours ago, sheson said:

As explained in the first post, my signature or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs,  zip large log files and use a file service to upload them.

You do not seem to use seasons, so it is unclear why you are using Grass Cache Helper NG.

If you want to compare performance requirements of full grass to grass LOD, make sure to extend it to the same distance as LOD Level 4 as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance

If you want to decrease performance requirements of grass LOD, reduce the density and/or shorten the LOD Level 4 distance as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size

Debug log.txt:
https://ufile.io/m4yuf08u

The grass cache guides I read instructed to use Grass Cache Helper NG. I guess I could set those INI settings manually...

With extended full grass to 60000 blocks on Level 4 I had about 23 FPS compared to 53 FPS with grass LOD in the same range. So I guess grass LOD is just much more taxing than I had expected.

What is interesting is I only lost about 3 FPS in Whiterun tundra moving the slider from 60000 to 0 for Level 4 LOD without grass LOD installed but otherwise the same settings. So the grass LOD appears to be much more taxing than the 3D tree and object LOD in Level 4, because I lose about 30 FPS by enabling just the grass and keeping everything else the same. From what I remember the switch from 2D ultra tree LOD to 3D trees was about a 10 FPS difference.

Would it be possible to create a rule so that Level 4 grass LOD is at 30000, while keeping the Level 4 ultra tree & object LOD at the 60000 range? I'd rather shorten the range of the grass LOD only. I also faintly remember being able to bake grass textures into the terrain LOD before this grass LOD was possible, which could look fine on the more distant terrain.