DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

Hi. i get this error when i am trying to update my occlusion.esp through dyndolod.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID in DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025E93] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 26,7) and DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025A57] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 8,-6)

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

these were the only logs that were generated

Logs.zip

23 minutes ago, teadude said:

Hi. i get this error when i am trying to update my occlusion.esp through dyndolod.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Duplicate editor ID in DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025E93] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D] at 26,7) and DynDOLOD.esm [CELL:15025A57] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 8,-6)

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

these were the only logs that were generated

Logs.zip 663.61 kB · 0 downloads

The DynDOLOD plugins were generated with an outdated version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Get the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.
Generate new DynDOLOD, Occlusion plugins from scratch and install them.
Backup the debug log from that generation.
Then try to update Occlusion.esp to see if a duplicate EditorID error still happens.
If that is the case upload the debug log you backed up and the DynDOLOD plugin mentioned in the message.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

The DynDOLOD plugins were generated with an outdated version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Get the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.
Generate new DynDOLOD, Occlusion plugins from scratch and install them.
Backup the debug log from that generation.
Then try to update Occlusion.esp to see if a duplicate EditorID error still happens.
If that is the case upload the debug log you backed up and the DynDOLOD plugin mentioned in the message.

would i have to start a new playthrough when doing this? or can i continue playing mid save? would i have to follow the clean save method?

On 8/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, sheson said:

I added export of the native terrain height data to a texture/image for doodlum for a test. It is also part of not yet released xLODGen terrain LOD beta.

The readme has a bit of information.

Terrain-Heightmap-Readme.txt 1.41 kB · 6 downloads

So, to get this right: This is just for a (future/maybe) mod release from doodlum and not really needed for any (new) functionality of DynDOLOD, right? Or with other words - if I activate this setting I'll see no difference, because the heightmap alone doesn't do anything?

7 hours ago, PRieST said:

So, to get this right: This is just for a (future/maybe) mod release from doodlum and not really needed for any (new) functionality of DynDOLOD, right? Or with other words - if I activate this setting I'll see no difference, because the heightmap alone doesn't do anything?

The terrain heightmap is a modders resources that by itself doesn't do anything. The INI setting is just exposing an option in xLODGen.

I have tried generating with TexGen four times now. When it is generating textures is stops on a random texture, usually 1 texture and just stops. Currently the last line of the log is...

[05:50]     Creating C:\[SKYRIM SE]\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod.dds from 1 textures

Why is this happening? It was happening before I updated TexGen and Dyndolod AND after.

59 minutes ago, DisgustingBliss said:

I have tried generating with TexGen four times now. When it is generating textures is stops on a random texture, usually 1 texture and just stops. Currently the last line of the log is...

[05:50]     Creating C:\[SKYRIM SE]\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod.dds from 1 textures

Why is this happening? It was happening before I updated TexGen and Dyndolod AND after.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum which log, debug and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload.

I will list the things that worked for people in the past as discussed in this thread. Try one at time until it hopefully works:

Make sure UAC and antivirus are not interfering. Add exceptions for all executables, also for in ..\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe for example.

Update the graphics driver to the latest version. Install the driver only without the crapware or terminate the crapware before using the tools.

Check the task manager for stuck Texconvx64.exe that TexGen might be waiting for. If you terminate all Texconvx64.exe TexGen should have a related error message and stop.

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI to see if that changes anything.

If not, test if adding RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI lets it run through.

If not, test if adding RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.IN changes anything.

If not, test if instructing Texconv to not use the GPU by adding TexconvAdapterIndex=-1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.IN changes anything.

If it still gets stuck, upload both the log and the debug log.

4 hours ago, fractalbase said:

Not trying to work around errors in plugins that DynDOLOD finds, but DynDOLOD seems to DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txtbe processing plugins that are disabled.  Is that intended?

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug log to also upload when making posts.

DynDOLOD is a modified xLODGen, which is a tool mode of xEdit. The xEdit background loader is what loads plugins.

xEdit automatically loads plugins that are enabled in C:\Users\crichmond\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt.
xEdit automatically loads plugins that are masters required by plugins.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:58 AM, Blackread said:

Almost forgot, there were also these things:

5QdE4zF.pngXAuOazh.png

The first picture is from Evermore in Beyond Reach, the second is the entrance to Cidhna Mine in Markarth. To my eyes it looks like either LOD or the underside mesh, but I wasn't able to target it in console so I assume it's the former, unless things have changed.

Edit: Remembered the tll command. Using it made the low res objects disappear, so they indeed are LOD.

This is a vanilla bug. The model is so placed it spans across cells and since there are no large references when LOD has to show for it just peeks into active cells.

Next version will have an update to the mesh mask rule that already exist for arnima.esm to just delete it. There are already so many mountain models placed in the parent world that cover up the terrain I did not see any bad side effects doing a brief check.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is a vanilla bug. The model is so placed it spans across cells and since there are no large references when LOD has to show for it just peeks into active cells.

Next version will have an update to the mesh mask rule that already exist for arnima.esm to just delete it. There are already so many mountain models placed in the parent world that cover up the terrain I did not see any bad side effects doing a brief check.

Sounds like a good solution, thank you.

I also have a suggestion of a few lines to be added to \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt to fix a few issues when copying SolitudeWorld with NoCellsWithNAVM=0:

Spoiler

The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D4;The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D4;[REFR:050136D4] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25));[REFR:050136D4] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D6;The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D6;[REFR:050136D6] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25));[REFR:050136D6] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;147DB;The Great City of Solitude.esp;147DB;[REFR:050147DB] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeExterior02 [CELL:0000927A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -16,25));[REFR:050147DB] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeExterior02 [CELL:0000927A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -16,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;C4AE;The Great City of Solitude.esp;C4AE;[REFR:0500C4AE] (places MountainPeak02 [STAT:00043F55] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24));[REFR:0500C4AE] (places MountainPeak02 [STAT:00043F55] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24))

The details for the issues are at the bottom of my comment here:

I generated Tamriel LOD with these additions and the end result looked good to me.

the following file in dyndolod 3 alpha resource might be corrupt:

Error accessing D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\lod\imperial\impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse>dir impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif /s
 Volume in drive D is Games NVMe SSD
 Volume Serial Number is 504F-77C0

Directory of D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144\Meshes\lod\imperial

07/23/2021  08:00 PM             5,751 impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif
               1 File(s)          5,751 bytes

Total Files Listed:
               1 File(s)          5,751 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  1,002,555,133,952 bytes free

The big error  I got from running dyndolod:

LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD
In case LODGen failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds, check the log messages for the filenames of LODGen logs to check for further details:

Check ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_[GAME MODE]_[WORLDSPACE]_log.txt
See LODGen for further explanations and hints and possible solutions for certain error codes.

See Expert Mode how to execute LODGen again for a worldspace to complete object LOD generation.

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for arnimaDUPLICATE003. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_arnimaDUPLICATE003_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Falskaar. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Falskaar_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt

all the listed logs reference the mentioned nif.

I ran Cathedral Asset Optimizer on the "DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144" mod folder and redeployed mods and will run DynDOLOD again and hopefully the issue is fixed.