DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

5 hours ago, tooandrew said:

this might be an issue - i cannot get ngio extended grass mode to work, like, at all - but if the cache just didnt work at all there would be NO grass lods. there are some, just not certain types. that being said, i have tried many things to get it working and its just not happening - this whole process is insanely frustrating

What exactly do you mean? NGIO successfully created all CGID files for a the worldspace, right? NGIO has no problem using only the cache files, right?
The DynDOLODGrassMode INI setting 1 or 2 supersede other full grass distance settings.
If you have problems with using NGIO

132 grass entries from the folkvangr esp, specifically. one is missing a mesh, so 131, really. 130 were generated because i configured it to make billboards for all including underwater . there were 1238 billboards created total from all plugins, grass and trees both.

Generating grass LOD for underwater grass is wasting performance/resources.

theres 120 lines in the tamriel lodgen plant log - between the 131 from folkvangr and the 11 from origin there are 142 grass billboards - im sure not all of them exist in tamriel. some of the ones that are missing in game are in the list. their textures do exist, and are not transparent.

Also check that ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_ObjectAtlasMap_[Worldspace].txt contains lines with grass LOD billboard texture names and paths in it and that none of the expected grass LOD billboards are missing.

there are no lines containing 'not found' in tamriel lodgen log.

Sorry, my mistake. That is a feature of an upcoming LODGen version. Download this version of LODGenx64Win.exe and replace it in the Edit Script folder. Then use Export mode to Execute LODGen (also keep verbose=1 setting in the DynDOLOD INI), then check again for file not found *.DDS messages related to grass LOD billboards.

how do i identify which file is associated with which area? is there a console command or something?

With the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM You Are Here page for example.

5 hours ago, PixelBitZombie said:

Make sure to close any other program that uses VRAM before using the tools.

Another user reported problems with the Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1 Optional driver. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-95/page/333/?tab=comments#comment-262537
It apparently contains a new OpenGL beta version that seems to have bugs.
Use the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) driver.

Trying to upgrade my DynDOLOD from 2.98 to 3.0 for my LE Skyrim, and I keep encountering this Open GL Error (please see screenshots). Any ideas as to how to fix it? Everytime I run it, it says error for a different item, below is another item, and I have the log. 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\s3dtrees_ash1_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash_sa.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash "treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash" [TREE:1D1DA568]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\s3dtrees_bark1_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead04_red_ash_sa.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp treepineforestdead04_red_ash "treepineforestdead04_red_ash" [TREE:1D1DF66E]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\srg_pine05_green_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestsnow05.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05 [TREE:0005C06E]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\srg_TreePineForestBarkComp2_gr_N.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestsnowl01.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL01 [TREE:0005D2DB]

OpenGL Error.PNG

TexGen Options.PNG

TexGen_TES5_log.txt

Edited by emplus

35 minutes ago, emplus said:

Trying to upgrade my DynDOLOD from 2.98 to 3.0 for my LE Skyrim, and I keep encountering this Open GL Error (please see screenshots). Any ideas as to how to fix it? Everytime I run it, it says error for a different item, below is another item, and I have the log. 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\s3dtrees_ash1_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash_sa.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash "treepineforestdead05_wintergreen_ash" [TREE:1D1DA568]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\s3dtrees_bark1_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestdead04_red_ash_sa.nif Dark_Forests_Solstheim.esp treepineforestdead04_red_ash "treepineforestdead04_red_ash" [TREE:1D1DF66E]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\srg_pine05_green_n.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestsnow05.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05 [TREE:0005C06E]
Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\srg_TreePineForestBarkComp2_gr_N.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestsnowl01.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL01 [TREE:0005D2DB]

OpenGL Error.PNG

TexGen Options.PNG

TexGen_TES5_log.txt 553.14 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which debug log to also upload.

Do not post screenshots of messages, use the Copy to clipboard link instead and paste the text as explained on the first post.

Click on the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link to open a web page with more explanations and help as explained on the first post.

Check the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ answers for "High memory usage / Out of memory", in particular:
If TexGen runs out of memory, add a line TextureCache=10 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_[GAME MODE].INI. Try lower settings. Make sure as much video memory as possible is available by closing other programs.

Search for the error message to find simialr posts as explaned on the first post.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=opengl out of memory&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=16796

Also note this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-95/?do=findComment&comment=262759

16 hours ago, sheson said:

When TexGen seemingly does nothing, check task manager for a Texconv process and see what happens if you kill Texconv.

Texconv isn't even running. When I run TexGen no Texconv process is staring. When I try to run Texconvx64.exe or Texconv.exe all I get is a black box that closes for a second. I have installed all the required programs so I have no idea what's going on.

1 hour ago, Akidson said:

Texconv isn't even running. When I run TexGen no Texconv process is staring. When I try to run Texconvx64.exe or Texconv.exe all I get is a black box that closes for a second. I have installed all the required programs so I have no idea what's going on.

Texconv is a command line tool and does not have a GUI. If you want to check if it is working, open a command prompt (e.g. the black window with white text) and run it manually.

Start TexGen, wait for it to stall - do not close it - and then check the current realtime log for the last line that starts with dynLoadMultiImage] <Debug: [Texconvx64.exe] Executing...
At the end of that line is a path to a temp texture like "C:\Users\Aleksy\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\AA69373923024BF08BDE318B337510D2.dds"

Check if that file still exists or if it has been removed already.

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and set RenderThreads=1. let me know if that works any better.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Texconv is a command line tool and does not have a GUI. If you want to check if it is working, open a command prompt (e.g. the black window with white text) and run it manually.

Start TexGen, wait for it to stall - do not close it - and then check the current realtime log for the last line that starts with dynLoadMultiImage] <Debug: [Texconvx64.exe] Executing...
At the of that line is a path to a temp texture like "C:\Users\Aleksy\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\AA69373923024BF08BDE318B337510D2.dds"

Check if that file still exists or if it has been removed already.

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and set RenderThreads=1. let me know if that works any better.

I've run Texconv with a command prompt but the effect is still the same. A black box appears for half a second and then closes. I've set RenderThreads=1 but that didn't change anything. TexGen_SSE folder in the Temp folder is completely empty.

1 hour ago, Akidson said:

I've run Texconv with a command prompt but the effect is still the same. A black box appears for half a second and then closes. I've set RenderThreads=1 but that didn't change anything. TexGen_SSE folder in the Temp folder is completely empty.

Opening a command prompt opens a window with white text and black background and a drive letter prompt. https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-ways-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

Running the Texconv version shipping with DynDOLOD from such a prompt will simply return one new line with nothing if there were no errors to report. The normal version from https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/wiki/Texconv will print a list of command line options.

prompt.png

Please upload the latest realtime log with the RenderThreads=1 setting

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

Opening a command prompt opens a window with white text and black background and a drive letter prompt. https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-ways-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/

Running the Texconv version shipping with DynDOLOD from such a prompt will simply return one new line with nothing if there were no errors to report. The normal version from https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/wiki/Texconv will print a list of command line options.

prompt.png

Please upload the latest realtime log with the RenderThreads=1 setting

Here:

https://ufile.io/f/gth5y

55 minutes ago, Akidson said:

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and set MaxTextureSize=4096 and see if that changes anything.

If not try updating to the latest graphics driver. If I assuming right there is either 15.7.1 WHQL or Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta. Try the 15.7.1 WHQL first.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, sheson said:

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in notepad and set MaxTextureSize=4096 and see if that changes anything.

If not try updating to the latest graphics driver. If I assuming right there is either 15.7.1 WHQL or Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta. Try the 15.7.1 WHQL first.

I've installed the latest graphics driver which is Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optiona for Windows 8.1 - 64-Bit Edition and both TexGen and DynDOLOD worked. Thank you for the help :)

Now I'm tweaking the settings so that it will look good. I will write again if I encounter any problems.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:02 AM, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD.

i've gotten to a point where i believe all the billboards are showing up, they are just showing as the wrong color

for grassbrightness i noticed blue and green are significantly higher than red. fiddling with them now.

46 minutes ago, Azratun002 said:

No error message on texgen, how do i find out whats causing this?

Read the first post which log, debug and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

As explained on the first post, click the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions, which explains:
Item not found
This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report on the official DynDOLOD support forum.
Clicking on the link official DynDOLOD Support forum gives helpful tips how to use the forum and what information to include when making posts.

Do not post screenshots of messages, use the "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text of the message instead as explained on the first post.

Not sure what you mean by "no error message". The message states: "Error: Item not found"

Is there a way to run multiple instances of dyndolod at once? Shy of running one on a different computer? It takes so long to run its like really time consuming trying to dial in the grassbrightness setting to get everything matching the normal grass. Currently I'm running it on two computers - my third is a 6 year old laptop with a mobile i7, im sure itll be so slow i might as well not use it. But if you had an identical executable that had a different process name so i could run multiple instances concurrently on the same machine, that would probably save me a good deal of time

Edited by tooandrew