Game crashing.

minibearden

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I just got done doing a fresh install of the guide.  I made sure to check and recheck everything to make sure I was following the guide exactly at each step.  When I finally got to the benchmark testing, I went to sort with LOOT and wound up with more than one plugin that had errors like what's shown in the attached picture.  As the guide says to ignore messages about missing dependencies or whatever, I went ahead and tried to run the game using SKSE.  When I tested it while going through the mod installation, right after installing everything in Extenders, it worked fine.  Now it loads in, but as soon as the Skyrim dragon logo appears it crashes immediately.  Doesn't even show the menu options.  Any help for fixing this?

errors.png

Edited by minibearden

The guide requires the complete Skyrim Anniversary Edition that includes all of the Creation Club content. I'm not sure where you saw a statement to ignore missing dependencies because the game won't start if plugins are missing masters.

You'll need to go to Steam to purchase the Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Last time I checked it was about $20 USD or so. Once purchased, launch Skyrim and let it download all of the Creation Club content.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:57 AM, minibearden said:

UPDATE:  I figured it out.  For some reason using the cleaned masters was causing the problem.

They should be cleaned, so you must've borked it somehow. Try repeating the cleaning process, and ensure you are using correct version of xEdit and have the autoclean version configured correctly. Recommend to re-validate Skyrim files and repeat.

17 hours ago, RattlebonesMcdunn said:

the Guide actually does say you can ignore those dependencies. the mod page even says it fine.

Where does it say this? The guide says that ALL DLC are required, even the Anniversary Update DLC. Technically, many of them are not required as masters, but many are. You can't pick and choose the Anniversary Update CC-DLC. It's all or nothing.