Please Help Me With DynDOLOD. I Have Been Trying Since November, 2021

I have been trying since November, 2021 to get DynDOLOD to work.  Every time I try, it gives a different excuse for not working.  I have Skyrim AE on my laptop with the version of SKSE64 for Skyrim AE, and that works fine.  I have the DLL's installed.  DynDOLOD resources 3.00 Alpha, and DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha.  I think there is a newer version, (3.2?), but when I tried to run it, it didn't give me the option to select SSE mode instead of TES5 and gave an error after it started to run.  At least TexGen64 worked in that version.  In 3.00, TexGen64 gives an error that there is not a waterfall effect texture.  From the one time it did work, which was a fluke, I took the output folder and zipped and installed it as a mod in NMM, along with the DLLs and other things I just mentioned.  When I proceeded to run DynDOLOD, in 3.2 (?), it doesn't give me the option to select SSE mode and later gives an error.  No matter what I do, it always gives one excuse or another.  In 3.00 Alpha, it gives another reason.  It lets me select SSE mode, then runs for a bit and says the DynDOLOD resources are obsolete and I need the newest one.  I have the letest resources installed, and even went and uninstalled previous attempts at installing resources.  I have 3.00 and 3.2(?)  both installed.  I tried just 3.2, then just 3.0, then both.  It dives me the same bullcrap.  

This is actually the most difficult and frustrating thing I have ever done in my life.  Nothing else comes close.  I want to smash my computer with a hammer, but that wouldn't help anything.  Did someone go out of their way to make DynDOLOD as needlessly difficult as possible?  I can't imagine it would be this difficult to "hand build" my LODs.  It would be tedious, but I can't imagine it being nearly this difficult.  

Can someone please help me with this nightmare?  I have tried at least 3 different versions of DynDOLOD with matching resources and DLLs.  I've watched many tutorials and followed them closely.  I've buried myself in many long, confusing guides.  Nothing I've ever done in my life has been this difficult or confusing.  

Screenshot (83).png

Screenshot (84).png

Screenshot (81).png

2 hours ago, TheComputerWizard said:

I have been trying since November, 2021 to get DynDOLOD to work.  Every time I try, it gives a different excuse for not working.  I have Skyrim AE on my laptop with the version of SKSE64 for Skyrim AE, and that works fine.  I have the DLL's installed.  DynDOLOD resources 3.00 Alpha, and DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha.  I think there is a newer version, (3.2?), but when I tried to run it, it didn't give me the option to select SSE mode instead of TES5 and gave an error after it started to run.  At least TexGen64 worked in that version.  In 3.00, TexGen64 gives an error that there is not a waterfall effect texture.  From the one time it did work, which was a fluke, I took the output folder and zipped and installed it as a mod in NMM, along with the DLLs and other things I just mentioned.  When I proceeded to run DynDOLOD, in 3.2 (?), it doesn't give me the option to select SSE mode and later gives an error.  No matter what I do, it always gives one excuse or another.  In 3.00 Alpha, it gives another reason.  It lets me select SSE mode, then runs for a bit and says the DynDOLOD resources are obsolete and I need the newest one.  I have the letest resources installed, and even went and uninstalled previous attempts at installing resources.  I have 3.00 and 3.2(?)  both installed.  I tried just 3.2, then just 3.0, then both.  It dives me the same bullcrap.  

This is actually the most difficult and frustrating thing I have ever done in my life.  Nothing else comes close.  I want to smash my computer with a hammer, but that wouldn't help anything.  Did someone go out of their way to make DynDOLOD as needlessly difficult as possible?  I can't imagine it would be this difficult to "hand build" my LODs.  It would be tedious, but I can't imagine it being nearly this difficult.  

Can someone please help me with this nightmare?  I have tried at least 3 different versions of DynDOLOD with matching resources and DLLs.  I've watched many tutorials and followed them closely.  I've buried myself in many long, confusing guides.  Nothing I've ever done in my life has been this difficult or confusing.  

Screenshot (83).png

Screenshot (84).png

Screenshot (81).png

Please use the Step guide for this. You can ignore everything not related to DynDOLOD.

Start with Step 1 (system setup guide). We advise you to use MO and configure your system as described. This is important for getting your environment configured properly to avoid all of the issues that are likely thwarting you.

From there, complete Step 2-3 and under Step 4, you can skip mods unrelated to DynDOLOD, but consider installing most mods in 02-Extenders and 03-Resources. Many of these are requirements for DynDOLOD or the mods DynDOLOD relies upon. DynDOLOD installation is covered in 04-Foundation. You can ignore most of the others in that group, but some are no-brainers. perticularly those before DynDOLOD Resources.

From there, jump to 19-Utilities for DynDOLOD installation and then jump to Step 5 for all LOD, including detailed instructions for running TexGen and DynDOLOD. You need to choose the right files and install them properly as described.

Everything you need to know is in that guide. Guidance on all this stuff without understanding all of what I mention is just as much work and also costs those of us helping a lot of time explaining everything that is already descrived in procedural detail in the guide. If you run into issues, post on the DynDOLOD support topics ... but that's for later. You have some basics to get through first, which is precisely why we created the guide(s)

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 8:02 PM, TheComputerWizard said:

Did someone go out of their way to make DynDOLOD as needlessly difficult as possible?  I can't imagine it would be this difficult to "hand build" my LODs.  It would be tedious, but I can't imagine it being nearly this difficult.  

Before making comments like this can you consider how much work went into making DYNDOLOD and what life was like for Skyrim modders before DYNDOLOD was invented?

Answer: 100x worse than having no DYNDOLOD. :D

Edited by Stepmodder