Mod Organizer 1, No game identified. Unable to manually select exe either

Stormside76

Question

I'm having some troubles with Mod Organizer not detecting Fallout 3. I installed the game on my SSD and it doesn't detect the game and the game/launcher files aren't visible when manually searching for them. I've tried finding a fix here on the forums but couldn't find a fix. It's a fresh install on my SSD, the Mod organizer is also installed on said SSD. It's just odd that the files aren't showing up when I search for them through MO but I have no trouble finding them when I just search through the file explorer

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Stormside76 said:

I'm having some troubles with Mod Organizer not detecting Fallout 3. I installed the game on my SSD and it doesn't detect the game and the game/launcher files aren't visible when manually searching for them. I've tried finding a fix here on the forums but couldn't find a fix. It's a fresh install on my SSD, the Mod organizer is also installed on said SSD. It's just odd that the files aren't showing up when I search for them through MO but I have no trouble finding them when I just search through the file explorer

Try starting FO3 using it's launcher to establish the registry entries. Then reboot and check again. Also, be sure to install MO according to some best practices.

52 minutes ago, Stormside76 said:

I have already started it and rebooted multiple times. The file explorer can see the game files just fine but MO just doesn't. https://imgur.com/a/UWYXBBW

The prompt wants you to select the Fallout 3 folder, not any particular file. That image on the right, do what you did and click Select Folder button. You are not supposed to see files in that window.