Dirty again

SuperLain

1. In MO, scroll to the top of the mod list (left) pane, and hold Ctrl + double click on xEdit Output mod to open in Explorer.
    • Inside the "SSEEdit Backups" folder, rename the files to "MasterName.esm" (i.e. "Update.esm").
  2. If there are multiple copies of any of the files, use the one with the earliest timestamp (the original).
  3. Move or copy the renamed files into the 'real' game directory (..\Data), choosing to overwrite/replace, if asked.
  4. All Explorer windows can be closed now.
  5. Return to the MO window. 
Info-Logo.png
NOTE:
To verify the vanilla mods have been cleaned, LOOT can be run again, and no warnings should be apparent. They're dirty again. A vicious circle.:amazed:

3 hours ago, SuperLain said:
  1. In MO, scroll to the top of the mod list (left) pane, and hold Ctrl + double click on xEdit Output mod to open in Explorer.
    • Inside the "SSEEdit Backups" folder, rename the files to "MasterName.esm" (i.e. "Update.esm").
  2. If there are multiple copies of any of the files, use the one with the earliest timestamp (the original).
  3. Move or copy the renamed files into the 'real' game directory (..\Data), choosing to overwrite/replace, if asked.
  4. All Explorer windows can be closed now.
  5. Return to the MO window. 
Info-Logo.png
NOTE:
To verify the vanilla mods have been cleaned, LOOT can be run again, and no warnings should be apparent. They're dirty again. A vicious circle.:amazed:

Go back to those instructions and carefully read them again. I made some modifications.

You seem to have all the vanilla plugins again probably because you are using the Steam "Verify integrity of game cache" and overwriting the cleaned versions before moving them into the "Cleaned Vanilla Masters" mod. You should probably start from the very beginning, reading each step very carefully.

EDIT: It's also possible that the 'Download' prompt in the game caused the CC content to be downloaded again. In that case, see the next post.

To disable the download button for the AE CC content at startup (this is often disabled when resetting INI files)

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[General]
bFreebiesSeen=1
;Disables Download button for AE CC content at startup

Alternative to setting this is simply open console, type qqq to exit game. Game should automatically register that you saw the DOWNLOAD button and set this INI setting automatically. If you had set your INI files to read-only, or reset them and this line gets reset, you will see the button again. Do not set INI files to read-only.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, z929669 said:

Go back to those instructions and carefully read them again. I made some modifications.

You seem to have all the vanilla plugins again probably because you are using the Steam "Verify integrity of game cache" and overwriting the cleaned versions before moving them into the "Cleaned Vanilla Masters" mod. You should probably start from the very beginning, reading each step very carefully.

EDIT: It's also possible that the 'Download' prompt in the game caused the CC content to be downloaded again. In that case, see the next post.

Thank you very much! Because of me, you had to redo the manual and describe every half step. Due to the constant connection and disconnection in the MO2 folder Clean Vanilla Masters, all the cleaned mods turned out to be dirty.I just didn't know whether to tick this folder or not. Thanks)

• Like 1