Skyrim Lite Loader (by doodlez)

DoubleYou

• 6 months later...

Tried this and it works properly for me. By works, I mean mods using NSFW like NGIO are working like they should. However, precache plugin only works properly if the Bethesda Modding Platform is turned off in BethINI (BethINI recommends it to be turned on so I just turn it on again after precaching grass). Otherwise, most areas will have no grass even if the plugin says it successfully completed precaching. 

Yep. Had to figure that out the hard way. I noticed that the 1.5.x version didn't have that AE ad on Main Menu and I saw the option to turn it off in BethINI so I turned it off to emulate how 1.5.x look on 1.6.x. I haven't tested thoroughly if just turning off Modding Platform precached all the grass correctly. I only tcl'ed around whiterun area with dyndolod grass ON. So far, every area expected to have grass has grass or grass LOD (compared to having Modding Platform turned ON which have huge patches without grass). 

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2022 at 5:19 PM, DoubleYou said:

I do know that there is an interface file in AE that prevents precaching. It may be that toggling the Bethesda Modding Platform is an alternative workaround.

On 8/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, DoubleYou said:

I just copied the old interface BSA to my NGIO mod so I wouldn't have to mess with it. 

For posterity, this is the reason for requiring "Skyrim - Interface.bsa" version 1.5.97 along with the game executables, correct?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

For posterity, this is the reason for requiring "Skyrim - Interface.bsa" version 1.5.97 along with the game executables, correct?

Yes, and if disabling the Bethesda Modding Platform in the Skyrim.ini fixes the issue, that is simpler than keeping that file around. Glad to have re-found these comments, as I couldn't figure out where I had discussed this.