No Grass In Objects - DynDOLOD GrassLargeReference

alLanDaishan

I came across the following in step '19-Utilities' under the No Grass In Objects mod instructions and I don't know how to complete this step:

MODIFY CONFIG

NOTE: DynDOLODGrassMode is coupled to DynDOLOD GrassLargeReference INI setting, so be certain to change that setting as noted on that mod page.

I went to the DynDOLOD mod page on Nexus and sought out instructions for making updates to GrassLargeReference, opened the DynDOLOD manual and Quickstart guide as instructed on the mod page, and did not find any instructions related to making updates to 'GrassLargeReference'. 

I then did a Google search and found the STEP forum post linked below, which directed me to make changes to 'LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt' and 'DynDOLOD_SSE.ini'. I read through the instructions and am getting a bit lost when it comes to running DynDOLOD in expert mode to change GrassLargeReference to 'True'. I am also not seeing 'GrassLargeReference' as an option in 'DynDOLOD_SSE.ini', but perhaps that is because I haven't made changes in DynDOLOD yet. 

Can someone provide detailed instructions as to how I can follow the 'MODIFY CONFIG' instruction above? I don't seem to be able to follow the instructions laid out in the 'Updating' section of the forum post linked below.

Thanks!

Edited by alLanDaishan

41 minutes ago, alLanDaishan said:

I came across the following in step '19-Utilities' under the No Grass In Objects mod instructions and I don't know how to complete this step:

MODIFY CONFIG

NOTE: DynDOLODGrassMode is coupled to DynDOLOD GrassLargeReference INI setting, so be certain to change that setting as noted on that mod page.

I went to the DynDOLOD mod page on Nexus and sought out instructions for making updates to GrassLargeReference, opened the DynDOLOD manual and Quickstart guide as instructed on the mod page, and did not find any instructions related to making updates to 'GrassLargeReference'. 

I then did a Google search and found the STEP forum post linked below, which directed me to make changes to 'LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt' and 'DynDOLOD_SSE.ini'. I read through the instructions and am getting a bit lost when it comes to running DynDOLOD in expert mode to change GrassLargeReference to 'True'. I am also not seeing 'GrassLargeReference' as an option in 'DynDOLOD_SSE.ini', but perhaps that is because I haven't made changes in DynDOLOD yet. 

Can someone provide detailed instructions as to how I can follow the 'MODIFY CONFIG' instruction above? I don't seem to be able to follow the instructions laid out in the 'Updating' section of the forum post linked below.

Thanks!

The instructions are old. That is the Dev Guide and shouldn't be followed. Many of the settings were moved to the advanced GUI since those were written.

45 minutes ago, alLanDaishan said:

MODIFY CONFIG

Fixed link. Go back to the NGIO mod page: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:No_Grass_In_Objects#tab=Recommendations

EDIT: as Tech mentioned, the instructions are a WIP, but see the dev guide NOTE for Grass LOD: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#xLODGen