How to use xEdit to change a Mod's Masters

Hydonix

Question

I'm trying to change the master's of two plugins I have from Blues Skyrim.esp to Dawn of Skyrim.esp. I can't even get the plugin I'm trying to edit to load within xEdit because it is greyed out because the master is missing so I don't even have a chance to edit the master. Would really appreciate any and all help on this matter!

image_2021-09-18_074257.png

3 answers to this question

The preferred method is to install the missing masters so you have an accurate picture of the records within the plugins you are trying to edit without potentially lots of missing references.

If you don't have and can't find the master required by the plugin, I'd create a new empty plugin with the same name as the missing master and activate it in your load order. Once you've done this, you should be able to least load the plugin into xedit, but you'll likely end up with a lot of missing references that you'll need to figure out how to fix or remove.

11 hours ago, Greg said:

The preferred method is to install the missing masters so you have an accurate picture of the records within the plugins you are trying to edit without potentially lots of missing references.

If you don't have and can't find the master required by the plugin, I'd create a new empty plugin with the same name as the missing master and activate it in your load order. Once you've done this, you should be able to least load the plugin into xedit, but you'll likely end up with a lot of missing references that you'll need to figure out how to fix or remove.

So the issue is that the master that is required just doesn't exist anymore with the mod I am downloading. I have the mod Dawn of Skyrim which used to be called Blues Skyrim. Since it is now called Dawn of Skyrim, the Blues Skyrim.esp doesn't get downloaded as it is has been changed to Dawn of Skyrim.esp. Another mod I am using that is mainly a group of different patches for Dawn of Skyrim and a couple other mods I use alongside of it is requiring Blues Skyrim.esp and I just need to change the master from Blues Skyrim.esp to Dawn of Skyrim.esp. I've read that you can just edit the masters and change the master from Blues Skyrim.esp to Dawn of Skyrim.esp within xEdit but I can't figure out how to get it to allow me to even open the two plugins I'm trying to edit because they are greyed out when I launch xEdit and won't allow me to even load them up.