Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

Nope' date=' in fact I have to manually clean them out now and again or I'd have way too many... lol.[/quote']

No issues with tracking here either.

But I still use NMM as my download manager of choice (although tracking there seems flawed and unreliable).

Nope' date=' in fact I have to manually clean them out now and again or I'd have way too many... lol.[/quote']

No issues with tracking here either.

But I still use NMM as my download manager of choice (although tracking there seems flawed and unreliable).

The problem with most mod tracking tools is they don't show if the author updated an optional file or re-uploaded without changing the version # at the top... whereas nexus website tracking does.

With the release of 300' date=' are there any sections of the Wiki guide that are no longer accurate? IE, should I still be following those instructions to the letter? Thanks too for the great guide![/quote']

That page started getting out of date before r300, I'd take it all with a grain of salt.

With the release of 300' date=' are there any sections of the Wiki guide that are no longer accurate? IE, should I still be following those instructions to the letter? Thanks too for the great guide![/quote']

Installation procedure is outdated, but all other content applies. There is a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be ADDED to the WBG, but only the installation and utilities setup need to be deleted/modified. See the SIG for those installation aspects. I'll update the guide in a few weeks, but RL precludes this anytime soon :(

Anybody having any luck setting up Skyrim thru wrye bash with dawngard?  The dawngard .esm is listed in red.  From my research it means this esm should be deactivated in the load order as it is included as a plugin?  But this also seems to uncheck all the dawngard associated .esps for mods.

Real issue I am having is that I can't cast any spells with the dawngard .esm activated.  They load up in my hands but then nothing.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Jason

Oh, by the way...when I deactivate the dawngard .esm, spells seem to work fine but obviously all the dawngard associated mods are unactivated in wrye bash

Try running Dawnguard through BSAopt Into another folder once all the folders are in the folder you created, rename the folder Dawnguard and pack it in a zip or rar archive then run the archive through the bash installer and there you go. No more red highlight. I f you have dawnguard mods installed already they will have yellow boxes just click on them and see which files are higher or lower. remove said lower files from the mod package mod . you can find them in your mod installers folder created by wrey bash when you installed it . If you need more info PM me and I explain in more detail

Good Luck

Anybody having any luck setting up Skyrim thru wrye bash with dawngard?  The dawngard .esm is listed in red.  From my research it means this esm should be deactivated in the load order as it is included as a plugin?  But this also seems to uncheck all the dawngard associated .esps for mods.

Real issue I am having is that I can't cast any spells with the dawngard .esm activated.  They load up in my hands but then nothing.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Jason

Oh, by the way...when I deactivate the dawngard .esm, spells seem to work fine but obviously all the dawngard associated mods are unactivated in wrye bash

The .esm is dependent on a number of resources that are inside of a .bsa that you have.  The red just means that a file that is required by the mod cannot be found, since bash can't see inside of .bsa files it doesn't know the files are actually there, you can ignore this error and proceed about your business.

So are you guys saying that wrye bash is tagging this as an error but it really doesn't matter and should run normal???  In that case there is something else affecting my ability to cast spells and its not the dawngard .esm???

Thanks guys...I'll also do some research and studying on BSAopt.

Correct, Wrye Bash is wrong and it works fine. Just ignore the red message, as I said it's because the STRINGS are not loose files like in vanilla skyrim and wrye hasn't updated to fix yet.

You problems likely are due to a mod conflict or leftover scripts in your save.

Hi

I'm starting a new STEP installation and i want to use Wrye Bash but i read in WB Nexus page that Ver 3.0 still have a lot of open bugs.

So is it safe to install STEP using WB or is it better to choose another mod manager for a while until WB will be more stable?

TNX

The Installation tab of WB is extremely stable, which is what you'll be using so no worries there, highly recommended. The more advanced features aren't really implemented yet, and the mods tab can be a little buggy as far as strange display bugs, but just close and open again and its all fixed.

Lojack teaching a master class concerning bashed patching on the beth forums

This is one to archive for the wiki for sure. ... for an upcoming "bashed patching" guide. There is much more in the history of those threads too. It will be a task finding, reading and digesting them all.

Then we can consolidate and invite that crew for review. Big project, but something to work on for the next few months.