Mod Pages

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Could we not make a class to handle the line-height and indentation, if not the whole code html snippets, for the fake pre styling? 

Yes, I plan on doing that, but am waiting to implement changes made to DEV first. Once I do that, I will update the live wiki.

EDIT: I just created the class using common.css for now

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

In creating the mod page classes, I stumbled upon a fix for <pre> transclusion in guide Recommendations. Have a look at the SKSE64 page and look at the expanded entry in the current SSE guide.

So not really a pre tag, but a faked one using a paragraph and custom styling. Works. Just be sure we're updating the Wiki User Guide so there are references for it. That's likely what I'll use to refresh myself when doing tasks, so as long as it's documented.

Is there a reason we don't have SyntaxHighlight installed? Seems it would be useful for such things...not sure how it transcludes, but also works with VisualEditor if we are ever able to make the switch to it.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

So not really a pre tag, but a faked one using a paragraph and custom styling. Works. Just be sure we're updating the Wiki User Guide so there are references for it. That's likely what I'll use to refresh myself when doing tasks, so as long as it's documented.

Is there a reason we don't have SyntaxHighlight installed? Seems it would be useful for such things...not sure how it transcludes, but also works with VisualEditor if we are ever able to make the switch to it.

We do have SyntaxHighlight installed. I am updating the Wiki Guidelines page now with all relevant info and use it there for the Mod Pages tab. I am in the process of stripping out all of the general Mediawiki and SMW stuff in favor of providing contextual links to that info and fleshing out an External References tab. Our wiki guide can then focus exclusively on info pertaining to our wiki. This way that guide can remain completely relevant but much shorter and to the point. less to maintain.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

We do have SyntaxHighlight installed. I am updating the Wiki Guidelines page now with all relevant info and use it there for the Mod Pages tab. I am in the process of stripping out all of the general Mediawiki and SMW stuff in favor of providing contextual links to that info and fleshing out an External References tab. Our wiki guide can then focus exclusively on info pertaining to our wiki. This way that guide can remain completely relevant but much shorter and to the point. less to maintain.

So does the syntax not transclude?

<syntaxhighlight lang="ini">
markup
</syntaxhighlight>

Just thinking there is no need to reinvent the wheel if we already have something that works for such.

EDIT:
No, we have this, which is inferior imo, if only because of the number of supported languages: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Highlightjs_Integration

22 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

So does the syntax not transclude?

<syntaxhighlight lang="ini">
markup
</syntaxhighlight>

Just thinking there is no need to reinvent the wheel if we already have something that works for such.

EDIT:
No, we have this, which is inferior imo, if only because of the number of supported languages: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Highlightjs_Integration

I experimented with both months ago, and Highlightjs "just works" the other did not work OOtB and has issues that you will find on the Extension talk or help page. What we have works well enough for our needs and is much simpler to implement.

Also, this has the same issue as <pre>. The class works for guide detailed instructions and is better than multiline code tags with bullets, since it is less to code and looks better.