New Topic Biolerplate

<p>
	<span style="font-size:14px; font-weight:bold;">Discussion topic:</span><br>
	<span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;"><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" href="https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Template:TemplateName" rel="">Template:TemplateName</a></span>
</p>

<hr>
<p>
	&nbsp;  
</p>

When creating templates on the wiki, please use the following format, which strictly implements the 'noinclude'/'includeonly' tags and relevant HTML and adds other useful info. Cut/paste EXACTLY and edit in place (please don't add additional line breaks or markup unless absolutely necessary).

• Template code MUST be placed between the 'noinclude'/'includeonly' tags without spaces or line breaks. Spaces and line breaks can lead to unexpected results in certain situations.
  • Any linked templates under "Related Templates" should take the form of {{:TEMPLATE NAME}} (note the colon at front).

Available Template Categories

New template Biolerplate

<includeonly>__NOTOC__<includeonly><INSERT TEMPLATE CODE HERE WITHOUT ANY SPACES OR LINE BREAKS></includeonly><noinclude>__NOTOC__[[Category:Template Category Name]][https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15978-pagetitle/ '''Forum Topic''']
== Purpose & Usage ==
Describe what this template is intended to do and how it works.

=== Required Parameters ===
<span class="salmontx">'''parameterName'''</span> - parameterDescription
: '''Values'''
:: Default: [ n/a; <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> | <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> ]
:* ''parameterDefaultValue'' ... 
:* parameterValue2 
:* parameterValue3 
:* parameterValueN ... 

=== Optional Parameters ===
: '''Values'''
:: Default: [ n/a; <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> | <code>parameterName=parameterDefaultValue</code> ]
:* ''parameterDefaultValue'' ... 
:* parameterValue2 
:* parameterValue3 
:* parameterValueN ... 

== Examples ==
: '''Code:''' <code><nowiki>{{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}</nowiki></code>
: '''Result:'''
:: {{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}

== Related Templates ==
[[:RELATED TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS]]

</noinclude>

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Edited by hishutup

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Click in upper right of wiki:

TOOLBOX  >  Special Pages  >  Templates  ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 8/27/2014 at 12:58 PM, z929669 said:

When creating templates on the wiki, please use the following format, which strictly implements the and HTML tags and adds other useful info. Cut/paste EXACTLY and edit in place (please don't add additional line breaks or markup unless absolutely necessary).

• Template code MUST be placed between the and tags without spaces or line breaks. Spaces and line breaks will break the template.
  • Any linked templates under "Related Templates" should take the form of {{:TEMPLATE NAME}} (note the colon at front).

I see a few places in the OP like the above that have "the and tags" that I suspect are missing the actual tag names.

57 minutes ago, Greg said:

I see a few places in the OP like the above that have "the and tags" that I suspect are missing the actual tag names.

Thanks ... fixed.

But anyone feel free to word this differently or add anything I missed.