Sign in to follow this  
z929669

Template Standards

When creating templates on the wiki, please use the following format, which strictly implements the and HTML tags and adds other useful info.

• Template code MUST be placed between the and tags without spaces or line breaks. Spaces and line breaks will break the template.
  • Do NOT change {{FULLPAGENAME}}. It's a "magic word" that will automatically insert the namespace (Template) and template name into the first header.
  • Any Step Reserved Parameters sections are optional and should only be included when the template includes code specific for Step's uses. (e.g. CustomTag template).
  • Any linked templates under "Related Templates" should take the form of {{:TEMPLATE NAME}} (note the colon at front).
<includeonly>INSERT TEMPLATE CODE HERE WITHOUT ANY SPACES OR LINE BREAKS</includeonly><noinclude>__NOTITLE____NOTOC__

= {{FULLPAGENAME}} =

== Purpose & Usage ==
Describe what this template is intended to do and how it works.

<!--THE BELOW SECTION IS OPTIONAL. INCLUDE IT IF THE TEMPLATE HAS STEP-SPECIFIC PARAMETERS/VALUES.-->
=== Step Reserved Parameters ===
The following parameters are reserved for specific uses regarding STEP.
: '''Code:''' <code><nowiki>{{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}</nowiki></code>
: '''Result:'''
:: {{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}
<!--END OPTIONAL SECTION.-->

=== Required Parameters ===
; parameterName
: Defined: <code>parameterName=value</code>
: Definition text here...

=== Optional Parameters ===
; parameterName
: Defined: <code>parameterName=value</code>
: Definition text here...

== Examples ==
: '''Code:''' <code><nowiki>{{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}</nowiki></code>
: '''Result:'''
:: {{TEMPLATE NAME AND PARAMETERS}}

== Related Templates ==
[[:RELATED TEMPLATE NAME AND ARGUMENTS]]
[[Category:Template]]
</noinclude>

Available Template Categories

• [[Category:Template]] - this is the default and should be added to all templates
  • [[Category:Template-Formatting]] - defines templates used for formatting/including page content.

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Edited by hishutup

Maybe also have it so that there is a page where all the potential templates exist like the one below. It was my first assumption at a page existing.

https://wiki.step-project.com/Template

I still like what this conversion can do. I fond a few but had no idea how to use them and/or what they actually did.

Click in upper right of wiki:

TOOLBOX  >  Special Pages  >  Templates  ;)

__NOTOC__ may not be needed, but I found that some of out templates had a TOC, so need to trace what causes that .. also, thanks for beginning the updates!

Ask s4n (he created it for use on mod pages) ... I think it defines the style of the tag elements on mod pages. The tags contain (among other things) the icons for the mod attributes (e.g., Core)

Finished thru M more or less (some templates have little information, and just have placeholders, as in here). Need to do N to end.

Edit: Now done thru P.

Edited by DoubleYou