Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder

domjam

Question

im not sure how to fix this ..i previously generated lods just fine.  but turns out one of the mods i had caused issues and another required that mod to function so i had to remove both mods.   .Net script framework and grass control. are the 2 mods.

I did the save game procedure beforehand.   turning of Dynodolod. saving in an interor. remvoing dyndolod from Mo2  then reloading the save and saving again.  Now when i try to run Textgen, it throws me this messege 

"Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all stiched object LOD textures generated earlier before generating new stitched objecct LOD textures."

how do I remove them?

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

On 5/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, domjam said:

im not sure how to fix this ..i previously generated lods just fine.  but turns out one of the mods i had caused issues and another required that mod to function so i had to remove both mods.   .Net script framework and grass control. are the 2 mods.

I did the save game procedure beforehand.   turning of Dynodolod. saving in an interor. remvoing dyndolod from Mo2  then reloading the save and saving again.  Now when i try to run Textgen, it throws me this messege 

"Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all stiched object LOD textures generated earlier before generating new stitched objecct LOD textures."

how do I remove them?

The answer depends on what mod manager you are using and how you installed the TexGen output and is not related to the tools itself.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:56 AM, fretkoli said:

Its not the first time i used TexGen/Dyndolod ... never had any issues ...on Skyrim SE

But now on a complete fresh NEW Enderal SE installation with (Mod Organizer 2) i get this Warnig form TexGen :

"Found stitched Object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation in Game Folder"

Like I said i never used TexGen before since the Fresh install ...and no there is nothing left over from an earlier installation ...first time Enderal SE

Sorry for the Bad English ...no worries i will understand all answers ... only my active english skills are limited not the passive skills ;)

Enderal SE includes object and tree LOD generated with DynDOLOD 3 alpha. However, it does not include dynamic LOD or LOD occlusion data of a typical DynDOLOD generation.

You will have to select ignore for now, as you can not really uninstall the TexGen textures included in Enderal SE.

36 minutes ago, domjam said:

how do I remove them?

First, .Net script framework is not an issue and should be installed if needed. You need to set it up properly of course in MO. grassControl.py is a script and not a mod. It must be placed into ../MO/Plugins directory. MO can also be installed in two ways and improper config of executables and profiles can also cause issues. Skim through our SE guide to  check how to configure .Net Framewhork, MO, MO plugins and EXEs, etc.

The TexGen error is because you previously moved content from TexGen_Output location and into a mod that only you could have created. If you don't know what the TexGen_Output location is or where it is, then you have not set up DynDOLOD according to standard instructions provided by that app and any number of other guides, including ours. It could be in Overwrite if you did not set things up correctly. This is all part of DynDOLOD config and MO EXE setup covered in the guide I linked.

If you find your TexGen output, you simply right click the mod in MO and "Open in explorer". Delete files. You can also do the same thing via MO interface.

Its not the first time i used TexGen/Dyndolod ... never had any issues ...on Skyrim SE

But now on a complete fresh NEW Enderal SE installation with (Mod Organizer 2) i get this Warnig form TexGen :

"Found stitched Object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation in Game Folder"

Like I said i never used TexGen before since the Fresh install ...and no there is nothing left over from an earlier installation ...first time Enderal SE

Sorry for the Bad English ...no worries i will understand all answers ... only my active english skills are limited not the passive skills ;)

On 5/19/2021 at 9:18 AM, sheson said:

Enderal SE includes object and tree LOD generated with DynDOLOD 3 alpha. However, it does not include dynamic LOD or LOD occlusion data of a typical DynDOLOD generation.

You will have to select ignore for now, as you can not really uninstall the TexGen textures included in Enderal SE.

all right ...thx for the quick answer

On 5/13/2021 at 9:39 PM, z929669 said:

First, .Net script framework is not an issue and should be installed if needed. You need to set it up properly of course in MO. grassControl.py is a script and not a mod. It must be placed into ../MO/Plugins directory. MO can also be installed in two ways and improper config of executables and profiles can also cause issues. Skim through our SE guide to  check how to configure .Net Framewhork, MO, MO plugins and EXEs, etc.

The TexGen error is because you previously moved content from TexGen_Output location and into a mod that only you could have created. If you don't know what the TexGen_Output location is or where it is, then you have not set up DynDOLOD according to standard instructions provided by that app and any number of other guides, including ours. It could be in Overwrite if you did not set things up correctly. This is all part of DynDOLOD config and MO EXE setup covered in the guide I linked.

If you find your TexGen output, you simply right click the mod in MO and "Open in explorer". Delete files. You can also do the same thing via MO interface.

I know how to install them they worked fine the game loads and everything is fine, the issue was not with MO2.  The issue was running the game through "Special K" to get HDR implimentation..and the issue IS  with .netframework. it would crash Special K everytime. i was wondering for ages why special K was not working, because i had it working fine before..but that was before trying to install grass control and .netframework , and .netframework  is the reason for the crash

it does not play nice with speical.K, and since the only mod in my list that required it was the grass control. i can make do without that, but i need to regenerate everything again but its not working. 

if you are reffering to the Output folder  that textgen creates, the one you convert to zip and install manualy with MO2,  i removed it along with unistalling the zip of it in Mo2..  iv even checked in the MO2 download mod folder and it is not there.. so i dunno why its throwing me that error since the mod is no longer installed or on my computer.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, sheson said:

The answer depends on what mod manager you are using and how you installed the TexGen output and is not related to the tools itself.

I followed the instructions combined with the gamer poet video walkthrough for MO2. it worked so i did it right. it just does not work along side special K beacuse of the .netframework.  but i dunno why im getting thrown this error beacuse that file is gone as i deleted it, along with the output folder that textgen created, the file  its not in my MO2 list. and its not in the MO2 downloads folder either so i dunno whats going on.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, domjam said:

if you are reffering to the Output folder  that textgen creates, the one you convert to zip and install manualy with MO2,  i removed it along with unistalling the zip of it in Mo2..  iv even checked in the MO2 download mod folder and it is not there.. so i dunno why its throwing me that error since the mod is no longer installed or on my computer.

I followed the instructions combined with the gamer poet video walkthrough for MO2. it worked so i did it right. it just does not work along side special K beacuse of the .netframework.  but i dunno why im getting thrown this error beacuse that file is gone as i deleted it, along with the output folder that textgen created, the file  its not in my MO2 list. and its not in the MO2 downloads folder either so i dunno whats going on.

TexGen does a simple file check if a file exists in the load order. That file only exists at that path and with that filename as output from TexGen.
If the OS says the file exists in the load order, it means the file and most likely all the other files from the TexGen output exist in the load order.
Uninstall/remove the entire TexGen output from the load order.

Either the output exists in the physical data folder, then you need to remove all those files manually or the output is provided to the data folder via mod manager, then the output needs to be removed in the  mod manager.

9 hours ago, domjam said:

The Special K mod doesn't have anything to do with TexGen_Output. You ran TexGen in the past, which produced that output, so you get the message that it was found in your load order as mentioned. Also, as I mentioned, it seems like you have not set up or run DynDOLOD as per standards, else you would know that DynDOLOD_Output and TexGen_Output are folders that should exist outside of MO. By default, the output path of these programs point to ../DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_Output and ../DynDOLOD/TexGen_Output. The user then moves that output into a mod in MO near end of load order (we suggest naming them "DynDOLOD Output" and "TexGen Output" in MO). You obviously either did that yourself, or set the output destination to be a mod in your MO EXE setup for TexGen (not sure how that would work though, since the path is defined in the TexGen program) ... or you set the output to your MO mods path.

When this output exists in MO load order (as it should), then any attempt to run either program will give you the warning you noticed in the OP.

You need to watch the video again or pay attention to the TexGen output destination path before you run it.

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

The Special K mod doesn't have anything to do with TexGen_Output. You ran TexGen in the past, which produced that output, so you get the message that it was found in your load order as mentioned. Also, as I mentioned, it seems like you have not set up or run DynDOLOD as per standards, else you would know that DynDOLOD_Output and TexGen_Output are folders that should exist outside of MO. By default, the output path of these programs point to ../DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_Output and ../DynDOLOD/TexGen_Output. The user then moves that output into a mod in MO near end of load order (we suggest naming them "DynDOLOD Output" and "TexGen Output" in MO). You obviously either did that yourself, or set the output destination to be a mod in your MO EXE setup for TexGen (not sure how that would work though, since the path is defined in the TexGen program) ... or you set the output to your MO mods path.

When this output exists in MO load order (as it should), then any attempt to run either program will give you the warning you noticed in the OP.

You need to watch the video again or pay attention to the TexGen output destination path before you run it.

I know Special K has nothing to do with Texgen_Output, I was explaining the reason whyt .netframework was the cause of special K crashing and how i had to get rid of it  and then explaining the problem with the error messege when running textgen.

I allready know that DynDOLOD_Output and TexGen_Output are folders that should exist outside of MO as that is how i have it set up along with making them run through MO2 by setting the pathes in MO2 to the directory they are in.

My directory for Dyndolod  G:\Modding\Modding tools\DynDOLOD

My directory for Mo2  G:\Modding\Mod Organizer related

I preveiously genereated the lods using textgen and DynDOLOD just fine. As you said renaming the folders it creates to _Output for both followed by converting them to  zip and then installing them manually into MO2.  (install a new mod from an archive and browsing to the directory).  then deleting the original genearted folders. That is the process i did.

and to remove it i unstalled both Output.zips and deleted them...yet i sitll get this error. so i dont understand whats going on.

Edited by domjam

11 hours ago, sheson said:

TexGen does a simple file check if a file exists in the load order. That file only exists at that path and with that filename as output from TexGen.
If the OS says the file exists in the load order, it means the file and most likely all the other files from the TexGen output exist in the load order.
Uninstall/remove the entire TexGen output from the load order. 

Either the output exists in the physical data folder, then you need to remove all those files manually or the output is provided to the data folder via mod manager, then the output needs to be removed in the  mod manager.

thats what i dont understand beacuse i removed both the outputs from my load order and deleted them and my overwrite folder is empty,  yet i still get that error when booting up textgen. The only thing i can think of doing is starting from scratch and removing all mods and starting again but was hoping its a simple fix since thats ******* long. im really confused about this.

Edited by domjam

18 minutes ago, domjam said:

I know Special K has nothing to do with Texgen_Output, I was explaining the reason whyt .netframework was the cause of special K crashing and how i had to get rid of it  and then explaining the problem with the error messege when running textgen.

I allready know that DynDOLOD_Output and TexGen_Output are folders that should exist outside of MO as that is how i have it set up along with making them run through MO2 by setting the pathes in MO2 to the directory.

my directory for Dyndolod  G:\Modding\Modding tools\DynDOLOD

I preveiously genereated the lods using textgen and DynDOLOD just fine. As you said renaming the folder it creates and renaming it to _Output for each then converting them to a zip and then installing them manually into MO2.  (install a new mod from an archive and browsing to the directory).  then deleting the original genearted folders. That is the process i did.

and to remove it i unstalled both Output.zips and deleted them...yet i sitll get this error. so i dont understand whats going on.

Mo2 has its own directory.

OK, then you still have TexGen output somewhere in the MO mod list or MO overwrite. Also, you don't need to archive the output unless disk space is a concern. This may add a layer of complexity to your process. I always just move the output itself via Wind Explorer.

I suggest that you click 'ignore' on the TexGen message and generate the textures folder again into TexGen_Output. Then move into a differently-named "test TexGen Output" new empty mod in MO (no need to archive this). Enable this mod. Then refresh MO mod list by hitting F5 or whatever method you prefer to refresh. Then double click the new 'test' mod to find the 'Conflicts' tab. You should see a number of conflicts here telling you the source mod(s) in conflict. Then you can find the location that MO is finding the old output.

2 minutes ago, z929669 said:

OK, then you still have TexGen output somewhere in the MO mod list or MO overwrite. Also, you don't need to archive the output unless disc space is a concern. This may add a layer of complexity to your process. I always just move the output itself via Wind Explorer.

I suggest that you click 'ignore' on the TexGen message and generate the textures folder again into TexGen_Output. Then move into a differently-named "test TexGen Output" new empty mod in MO (no need to archive this). Enable this mod. Then refresh MO mod list by hitting F5 or whatever method you prefer to refresh. Then double click the new 'test' mod to find the 'Conflicts' tab. You should see a number of conflicts here telling you the source mod(s) in conflict. Then you can find the location that MO is finding the old output.

thats what i dont understand..beacuse its not in my MO list. its simply not there as i have already said i removed it and deleted it from the directory. i even checked the download directroy and its not there.  i have not tried to ignore it though so i will give that a try and report back.

3 minutes ago, domjam said:

thats what i dont understand..beacuse its not in my MO list. its simply not there as i have already said i removed it and deleted it from the directory. i even checked the download directroy and its not there.  i have not tried to ignore it though so i will give that a try and report back.

... and I'm suggesting that you may have left a relic somewhere from an earlier run/move, especially if it was a single zip file that you dragged and accidentally placed into an adjacent mod. What I posted will tell you where MO is finding the output. It must be somewhere in the load order.

1 minute ago, z929669 said:

... and I'm suggesting that you may have left a relic somewhere from an earlier run/move, especially if it was a single zip file that you dragged and accidentally placed into an adjacent mod. What I posted will tell you where MO is finding the output. It must be somewhere in the load order.

and im trying this now .but im not sure about something.. iv named it to TextGen_OutputTEST.7z  do you mean for me to just click the (install a new mod from archive)and add it to my existing profile with the mods? or do you mean for me to make a new mod list with just that textgen_OutputTEST.7z installed and nothing els? sorry

7 hours ago, domjam said:

and im trying this now .but im not sure about something.. iv named it to TextGen_OutputTEST.7z  do you mean for me to just click the (install a new mod from archive)and add it to my existing profile with the mods? or do you mean for me to make a new mod list with just that textgen_OutputTEST.7z installed and nothing els? sorry

Again, I would drag the contents of TexGen_Output into a new mod and not bother with packing it into an archive. Click on the tool icon:

image.png

Right click on the new empty mod:

image.png

Drag contents into that and hit F5 to refresh MO. Then double click that mod > Conflicts tab, find conflicting mod