Constant Stutter/Hitching

Mare

Question

Every second or so in game I get a strange stutter/hitching that only seems to happen when im moving or looking around, I can hold 60fps solidly and my computer isn't under pressure from the game and everything runs perfectly besides this stutter.

Very light modlist right now with only dyndolod, obsidian weathers + enb, aswell as cbbe and the usual smim and unofficial patch.

Running on a rtx2070.

If anyone knows a solution for this you would be a lifesaver.

Video example:

4 answers to this question

This can definitely happen as a result of driver settings' interactions with the game display settings.

I will assume you are using Radeon graphics? If so, see that your settings correspond to the following:

image.png

SSE Display Tweaks INI:

Fullscreen=false

Borderless=true

EnableVSync=true

EnableTearing=true

SwapEffect=flip_sequential

set the following to your monitor's refresh rate)

MaximumRefreshRate=144

FramerateLimit=144

Follow our BethINI instructions, but you shoukld DISABLE Vsync there with the settings above. Probably do not use limiter and vsync stuff in ENB either (untested)

1 hour ago, elenhil said:

Just curious: who do some people recommend borderless and some fullscreen (both sides promising performance and/or input lag benefits)?

This is a good description of the pros/cons. We recommend borderless as the most flexible solution, and it facilitates testing situations. It also seems to have good situational compatibility.

Run fullscreen or windowed for performance tuning for those having FPS issues.

The best mode is probably specific to hardware and GFX settings.