Do i need a bashed patch?

DMCbr

No more bashed patch? I think i still need one...

After installing ALL the mods of the last guide version 0.3.0b, i also add some of my personal favorite mods:

- Sylvanas Queen armor

- Abyssal Swords

- Demon Hunter Plus armor
- Iban's Staff
- Celestine and Tfollowers pack #1
- Elven Wizard armor
- High Queen Freydis's Sword
- Lilith's Black Sun armor
- Awekened Eye of Chaos
- Doombringer
- Imprefvicticious Daedric Bow
- The Lost Dwemer Castle (Playerhome)
- Summermyst (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- Apocalypse (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- Hel Rising 
- Falskaar (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- Wyrmstooth (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- Bruma (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- SPERG (and its patches anywhere it requires)
- Imperious
- Death mountain
- High Level Enemies
- ESO SKyshards

So, i suppose i still need to create a bashed patch right? AT the very end maybe?

If you create a bashed patch, you should do so before Step 5 (xLODGen, DynDOLOD and Occlusioon). I recommend doing everything up to Step 5, sort the load order with LOOT, and play the game for a while to verify everything is working well. If everything is working well at this point, copy the STEP profile to a new profile, add your mods in the appropriate sections in your new profile, sort using LOOT again, create the bashed patch, and verify everything is working well again with a new character. Adding your custom mods in a new profile makes it easier to revert back to the working STEP profile if something goes wrong.

If you are comfortable that everything is working well with your custom profile, complete Step 5 through the end of the guide.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 4:27 AM, Greg said:

If you create a bashed patch, you should do so before Step 5 (xLODGen, DynDOLOD and Occlusioon). I recommend doing everything up to Step 5, sort the load order with LOOT, and play the game for a while to verify everything is working well. If everything is working well at this point, copy the STEP profile to a new profile, add your mods in the appropriate sections in your new profile, sort using LOOT again, create the bashed patch, and verify everything is working well again with a new character. Adding your custom mods in a new profile makes it easier to revert back to the working STEP profile if something goes wrong.

If you are comfortable that everything is working well with your custom profile, complete Step 5 through the end of the guide.

Sorry to necro this but I was wondering about the same thing as OP and stumbled on this thread. Is there a particular reason to create a bashed patch before LODGen? Does it actually affect the LODGen process? Or is this just to avoid spending the 1-2 hours on LODGen only to find out the bashed patch doesn't work?

Also, I'm assuming the same idea applies to a merged patch, where STEP's CR patches handle everything for STEP plugins, but we should still make our own if we add our own mods with conflicts?

Bashed Patch isn't needed unless you add additional mods that are altering leveled lists. Same thing with the merge patch; not needed unless you need to merge mods for some reason. The Step CR Patch handles what the Bashed Patch used to and takes care of all conflicted within the mod list.

• 2 weeks later...

Also sorry for necroing, but how would I go about adding a bashed patch after the fact? 

I've added a bunch of clothing mods that add to the leveled lists and the only way I'm able to obtain most of them now is console because of the leveled list thing.  My install is almost a year old now and I don't like the idea of redoing it just to add a bashed patch before a certain step in redoing the guide.