Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised (SE) - Multiple Data folders

joshkes

I am following the STEP guide as it is posted on 6/8/2020. At "Audiovisual - Models & Textures > Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised (SE)" the STEP guide says to install the main, yellow 1024 file, and, the SMIM compatibility patch. The SMIM compatibility patch contains multiple data files. Which one do we use?

I've actually tried clicking OK on several folders in that mod and all give the warning that the "Mod was probably not set up right", so, I guess I don't just need to know which one to use, but, how in the heck do I even install this at all as everything seems to say "not set up right" when I choose it.

#Edit   -   Literally clicking every file or folder in the downloaded mod gives the warning that there is no data in the top level or something like that. It doesn't seem possible to install the SMIM compatibility patch mod at all.

post-3255-0-22361500-1591602758_thumb.jpg

Edited by joshkes

I am following the STEP guide as it is posted on 6/8/2020. At "Audiovisual - Models & Textures > Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised (SE)" the STEP guide says to install the main, yellow 1024 file, and, the SMIM compatibility patch. The SMIM compatibility patch contains multiple data files. Which one do we use?

I've actually tried clicking OK on several folders in that mod and all give the warning that the "Mod was probably not set up right", so, I guess I don't just need to know which one to use, but, how in the heck do I even install this at all as everything seems to say "not set up right" when I choose it.

#Edit   -   Literally clicking every file or folder in the downloaded mod gives the warning that there is no data in the top level or something like that. It doesn't seem possible to install the SMIM compatibility patch mod at all.

Strange. I tought latest STEP Guide is from may 3?

To be fair, the guide doesn't list MO2 experience as a prerequisite. And IIRC this situation only came up once before very early on. OK, maybe in the tutorial too...

Also, which Data folder? I went with high poly, but the guide is otherwise pretty precise. I kind of figured the fact this wasn't addressed was an oversight.

To be fair, the guide doesn't list MO2 experience as a prerequisite. And IIRC this situation only came up once before very early on. OK, maybe in the tutorial too...

Also, which Data folder? I went with high poly, but the guide is otherwise pretty precise. I kind of figured the fact this wasn't addressed was an oversight.

Really doesn't matter. One is just going to be a higher quality mesh.

As for the MO experience, I'd think it would be common sense that you need to know how to use the manager you're using for managing your mods, but maybe that's just me...?

Here's the MO Guide: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer