DynDOLOD, Oldrim, LOD Objects vanish, distant waterfalls not animated

Wolfgrim

Question

Hello,

I installed DynDOLOD (via MO2) multiple times, followed the tutorial videos, tried with and without the .dll etc. and encounter two issues.

1. Certain LOD Objects - large structures like the College of Winterhold and Bleak Falls Barrow vanish when looking at them from certain positions in the worldspace

Everything fine: 

rVFrBkb.jpg

Vanished (one step backwards; a few meters away from tower stone - same happens close to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary near dawnstar with the college LOD): 

NbMIzQd.jpg

2. Distant Waterfalls are static - no matter if I have Skyfalls and Skymills installed or not or if it is the vanilla version or the SDO version (I used SDO up until now)

I've been trying to get this to work for days and could not find a solution online.
Please help. I really want to use DynDOLOD.

Here is my DynDOLOD_TES5_log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_-eWlrsmq5MU1Qyo3SxjIFG_eIFvmhxa

7 answers to this question

1. Vanishing LOD is caused by the game broken pre-computed occlusion as a simple test in the vanilla game verifies.

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. Either use xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the data. See the 'TVDT - Occlusion Data' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-data/

2. As explained in the manual, disable SkyFalls+Mills for best results. Install DynDOLOD Resources.

Simply generate LOD by clicking Low, Medium, High when using the Wizard option or make sure to load Low, Medium or High rules and to check  "Generate DynDOLOD"  on the advanced options before clicking the OK button to start LOD generation.

Install the generated output as a mod making sure nothing it is not overwritten. Enable the plugin. Once in the game make sure it says "DynDOLOD successfully initialized", check its SkyUI MCM that it is active.

Large animated waterfalls are then automatically added for the next 11 "cells" before turning static at higher LOD levels/map.

Check if other dynamic LOD shows, like windmill fans, waterwheels, Gildergreen in Whiterun.

Read and follow the install instructions:

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

Do not install the game to special Windows folders like Programs Files x86. Follow any basic modding guide.
Edited by sheson

Thank you.

1. Vanishing LOD is caused by the game broken pre-computed occlusion as a simple test in the vanilla game verifies.

FAQ: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. Either use xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the data. See the 'TVDT - Occlusion Data' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-data/

I created DynDOLOD and now will use xlodgen beta for Occlusion. Which Mode should I use? "+TVDT -Flat +Border"?

Check if other dynamic LOD shows, like windmill fans, waterwheels, Gildergreen in Whiterun.

Windmill fans worked fine. The Gildergreen only is visible after I visited Whiterun childworld - before doing so the plaza shows no tree when looked at from Tamriel worldspace.

Edited by Wolfgrim

For occlusion generation read https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/.

Read the included documentation Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt in the xLODGen archive and the TVDT - Occlusion Data section in Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn about TVDT data, how to generate it and the settings.

For Tamriel typically use -Flat +Border

Make sure to test with a new game, coc whiterun from the main menu console for example.

If waterfalls still don't have animated LOD then, enable papyrus logging and check if there are related error messages.

If there are no related error message, check if plugins modify the waterfalls.

If no plugins modify the waterfalls upload/pastebin

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel.txt

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_dyndolodfiles.txt

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_dyndolod.txt

DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_rules.txt

Edited by sheson

Works fine in a new game here.

59721-1580425119-983606738.jpeg

Those main buildings parts seem to be dynamic LOD as well (because they use an EnableParent), so the same troubleshooting steps still apply.

See if disabling the bashed patch changes anything. If so, create it anew without the ImportCells.

But check for errors in the papyrus log first.

Edited by sheson