DynDOLOD LOD Generation takes extremely long

panzerzwerg

Question

Been trying to install DynDOLOD today and things went well so far, but I'm now at the step of generating the LODs with DynDOLOD.exe and it seems like it got stuck at "MarkarthWorld Generating LOD". It's been running for over 2 hours at the time of writing this, and I wonder, is this normal? I've seen posts on reddit by someone who has let it run for 3 weeks and still didn't go any further. 

Is it possible to abort and revert my Skyrim to how it was before, in worst case?

7 answers to this question

If CPU of the DynDOLOD process is 0% for a long time (5 minutes or more) it is likely stuck because of something. Could be OS or antivirus for example. Letting it waiting for days or weeks is silly.

Providing a screenshot could help.

Neither TexGen or DynDOLOD change anything in the games data folder when they run, so there is nothing to revert.

This looks like the same as https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/, just a different worldspace.

And yes, like explained many times before when people have issues with a specific worldspace: Do not select problematic worldspace, generate as usual and install as usual. Then start DynDOLOD with the existing plugins in the load order and do an update, only selected the worldspace skipped before. The install the output, overwriting all older files including the old plugins.

If DynDOLOD runs for one or more worlds and it ends with 'DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully' as explained in the manual the generated output can be used.

If it stops prematurely for whatever reason, all files in the output folder should be discarded, e.g. the next time DynDOLOD is run the output folder should be empty.