Mod Organizer 2 access denied [5] on fresh install?

DrEnd

Question

So I recently purchased Fallout 4 after having had the game pirated for the longest time. I dumped my mod files, kept a folder of the mods I had planned to use in my documents, reinstalled mod organizer, installed the legitimate copy of fallout 4 and.... "failed to spawn "Fallout4Launcher.exe" failed to start process (Access is denied. [5])" so obviously I googled this issue, and after a dozen people told me to simply dump and start over, add this text line, change this file line, etc. I'm officially stumped.

NOTE: Both Fallout and Mod Organizer have been freshly installed with up to date files and programs, my antivirus including windows defender is OFF and I do not use data backup tools, etc. that are known to cause issues with Mod Organizer and yes I run in admin mode when loading, so can anyone tell me why I still can't get this thing to work?

I also have logs just no permission to attach them. If anyone needs them I can email them to you.

2 answers to this question

You should first run Fallout4Launcher.exe by itself (not from Mod Organizer) so it creates the registry entries and INI files required by the game. After you do, you should be able to run Fallout 4 from Mod Organizer.

Note that running Mod Organizer and games should not be necessary and is not required. It's rather unfortunate that Steam defaults to installing everything in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) because you'll run into all kinds of UAC issues. We recommend installing Steam and Steam games into a separate folder to avoid these UAC issues.

You should first run Fallout4Launcher.exe by itself (not from Mod Organizer) so it creates the registry entries and INI files required by the game. After you do, you should be able to run Fallout 4 from Mod Organizer.

Note that running Mod Organizer and games should not be necessary and is not required. It's rather unfortunate that Steam defaults to installing everything in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) because you'll run into all kinds of UAC issues. We recommend installing Steam and Steam games into a separate folder to avoid these UAC issues.

I've run fallout twice now prior to trying to launch through Mod Organizer but still receive the issue. Were you stating to install games in a separate area to steam's folder structure or in a different drive because my games and mod organizer are in my third drive (drive F) not my C drive. Any other suggestions?