xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

1 hour ago, DarthVitrial said:

Same error, different cell.

[05:48] Error creating textures for cell [18,19] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)
[05:55] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [16,16] Error creating textures for cell [18,19] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)

Logs attached. The ntdll bugreport overwrote the assertion failure one before I could grab a copy this time, sorry

bugreport.txt 239.32 kB · 1 download logs.7z 1.16 MB · 1 download

When it writes to bugreport.txt it will only overwrite older reports if it is the exact same crash call stack, different ones are appended. It's fine.

Check if there is any difference with this version https://mega.nz/file/IZZj2AYY#Hz3-6xjsXZuPok2exuNhA0J4ALw-_v30uT_4s2dXu7U

Delete old bugreport.txt beforehand, too.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

When it writes to bugreport.txt it will only overwrite older reports if it is the exact same crash call stack, different ones are appended. It's fine.

Check if there is any difference with this version https://mega.nz/file/IZZj2AYY#Hz3-6xjsXZuPok2exuNhA0J4ALw-_v30uT_4s2dXu7U

Delete old bugreport.txt beforehand, too.

Seems to have worked perfectly!

Mind if I ask what the bug was?

EDIT: Though there was one odd thing in the log:

[00:04] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001B] (places [0F0B1985] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunTempleofKynareth "Temple of Kynareth" [CELL:000165A7]) was injected into Update.esm>

But when I put my Load Order into Xedit that reference works fine. It's the USSEPUnwantedEffectsRemoverBook from USLEEP.

Edited by DarthVitrial

43 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

Seems to have worked perfectly!

Mind if I ask what the bug was?

EDIT: Though there was one odd thing in the log:

[00:04] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001B] (places [0F0B1985] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunTempleofKynareth "Temple of Kynareth" [CELL:000165A7]) was injected into Update.esm>

But when I put my Load Order into Xedit that reference works fine. It's the USSEPUnwantedEffectsRemoverBook from USLEEP.

Just another race condition.

At the time the plugin is being loaded, the plugin that adds the linked record is not yet loaded, so the linked record can not be resolved. Once loading of all plugins completed, the record can be resolved and all is fine. It is expected to happen with injected records.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. I have a couple of questions regarding command line options:

• is it possible to read-write options to file using command line options? So I once configured required settings save them to file and then passing something like -options mymegaoptions.txt and no gui prompt appears
  • is it possible to not show gui at all, but instead just output all logs to regular stdout/stderr?

My goal is to automate entire process of lod generation for my mod list in to single powershell script.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, automaticklock said:

Hi folks. I have a couple of questions regarding command line options:

• is it possible to read-write options to file using command line options? So I once configured required settings save them to file and then passing something like -options mymegaoptions.txt and no gui prompt appears
  • is it possible to not show gui at all, but instead just output all logs to regular stdout/stderr?

My goal is to automate entire process of lod generation for my mod list in to single powershell script.

Thanks in advance.

Not via command line.

Settings are all stored in the %LocalAppData%/<gamename>/Plugins.<game>viewsettings file.
Settings can be read/written via scripts. For example like wbSettings.WriteInteger(wbAppName + ' LOD Options', 'AtlasDiffuseFormat', 200);

Tree/Object LOD generation can be started for a worldspace via scripting as well, which is how early DynDOLOD version worked.
GenerateLODTES5Trees(worldspace) and GenerateLODTES5Objects(worldspace).
No such command for terrain LOD.

As I'm sure everyone believes, I think I followed all the instructions here.  However, when I ran xLodgen 94, I get the following repeating error (in slightly different iterations) and the process never completes:

[00:48] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [-88,-96] Access violation at address 0000000001733A94 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address 00000204B0000000

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Edited by Dez756
As indicated, dumb error in settings.

Hello,

So, I'm having a strange issue. I have followed the whole guide for SSE, and now I've gotten to the part where I need to run XLODGen.

I have everything setup correctly and other programs work from within MO2, but when I try and run XLODGen from within MO2, it doesn't load.

It locks MO2 and then about 30 seconds later, it goes right back to MO2 and refreshes it.

XLodGen works fine outside of MO2, and defaults to FO4.

I have tried changing the file name and doing it that way, and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Dez756 said:

As I'm sure everyone believes, I think I followed all the instructions here.  However, when I ran xLodgen 94, I get the following repeating error (in slightly different iterations) and the process never completes:

[00:48] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [-88,-96] Access violation at address 0000000001733A94 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address 00000204B0000000

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I'm too dumb to figure it out.

No logs or any information.

Attach log of the session with the error and bugreport.txt if it exists.

1 hour ago, ColdThief said:

Hello,

So, I'm having a strange issue. I have followed the whole guide for SSE, and now I've gotten to the part where I need to run XLODGen.

I have everything setup correctly and other programs work from within MO2, but when I try and run XLODGen from within MO2, it doesn't load.

It locks MO2 and then about 30 seconds later, it goes right back to MO2 and refreshes it.

XLodGen works fine outside of MO2, and defaults to FO4.

I have tried changing the file name and doing it that way, and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

No logs or any information. Sounds like there is a problem with MO2 / setup.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks.  I had originally but tried to delete the post when I realized the errors were the result of settings mistakes.  I got this to work but I'm still having issues with CTDs at Riften Gates after running Dyndolod.  I'll post those elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, Dez756 said:

Thanks.  I had originally but tried to delete the post when I realized the errors were the result of settings mistakes.  I got this to work but I'm still having issues with CTDs at Riften Gates after running Dyndolod.  I'll post those elsewhere.

Posting the crash and DynDOLOD logs to the DynDOLOD Alpha 3 thread would typically be best.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

No logs or any information.

No logs or any information. Sounds like there is a problem with MO2 / setup.

Hello,

Yes, so that was the weird thing, there were no logs generated at all from MO2 or xLODGen64.

My antivirus was blocking it. I already had the exception for MO2 but had to make one for xLODGen64 itself as well. Bitdefender is a little protective.

It appears to be all good now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

@sheson

Would it be possible to have an option to not use mipmaps for the Object LOD atlas textures? Fallout 4 seems to degrade it badly if it has mipmaps and is placed inside a ba2 archive.

No mipmaps > Mipmapped

lod bc7quick no bsa.jpglod bc7.jpg

I suggest to rather fix the actual problem causing this. 

Is the object LOD atlas being split into several files because there are too many large textures?

Also there should/are be INI settings (mipmap bias ?) to fix or address this if I remember right.

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

I suggest to rather fix the actual problem causing this. 

Is the object LOD atlas being split into several files because there are too many large textures?

Also there should/are be INI settings (mipmap bias ?) to fix or address this if I remember right.

The atlas is being split in two. Would it be best to lower the max texture size from 1024 to 512 to make it fit on 1?

There is a fMipBias that defaults to 0 under [Display]. I could try adjusting it I suppose.