No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu (by Humbro8282)

stoppingby4now

• 1 month later...

Is there a particular version of this mod that's recommended by STEP? The current version appears to have a dramatically different interface than that found throughout the rest of the game, and feels out of step (to me, at least - I'm sure it's perfectly agreeable to most everyone else!) I chose not to use it personally for that reason, but perhaps I've not given it a fair shake. So, my questions are:

1) Is there something in the installation routine that lets you opt out of the retexturing of the interface?

2) Is there something later on in the STEP installation process that overrides the interface, while leaving the functionality intact?

Yes' date=' the interface is quite basic and very different than other programs. It is the only mod we are aware of that provides the capabilities that it offers. There are no interface choices other than what you've seen.[/quote']

It's funny how perceptions differ. What you describe as "quite basic," I see as incredibly elaborate, with all that wood grain and scrollwork and brass. It's all very nicely done - just not what I would have expected.

Anyway, thank you for your reply! From the description page it rather sounds like it's undergone a couple of GUI changes since it was introduced, but no other significant changes are listed, so maybe I'll give 1.0 a try, just to see whether it's more to my taste.  

• 2 months later...

I will probably personally continue to use it. The stylistic change does not bug me even if nothing fits it. Also, I do not see any other mods on the nexus that change the menu or allow you to wait for as long as this mod does.

I haven't seen anyone comment that they actually liked the style of the interface; it doesn't seem especially consistent with Skyrim or other Elder Scrolls games. It was added to support waiting or sleeping for multiple days. From a gameplay perspective it has a very basic interface, but it is effective for what it is intended to provide. Without this mod, it is very tedious to wait 31 days when you need to do this to fix a game problem.

Well, I found this mod. It keeps the same style as the default UI, but it comes with a config file so that you can decide the max hours you can wait/sleep. Apparently, the creator tested it up to 999 hours, and only didn't test higher because they got bored.

Perhaps this could be a replacement, with either a suggestion to change the max hours or a download with that file?

Well, the download includes a readme of sorts, that tells you how to edit the file, and also includes how high the guy tested it. In this file, it says that it took the guy more than 16 minutes to wait 999 hours/41 days. This roughly matches up with what people said about the NBWM mod, which I think said it takes 12 minutes to wait 31 days.