Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey mavanaic,

Thanks for your reply however, that is exactly what I'm saying does NOT work.  Please read all my post as I state that I've tested that method.

It seems there is some broad confusion about what the "Head Parts Only" check box does.  I've tested and it does not selectively only edit head parts. 

It means when you have that box checked, you should ONLY target NIF Optimizer at directories containing head parts and when it is NOT checked you should not target directories that have head parts.

-Xaxilis

use head parts only ..normally are in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata. So you do first head parts only (copy nif optimizer.exe in that directory and run it)..next you can move the nif optimizer.exe in the meshes folder..it will skip the converted head parts in "meshes\actors\character\facegendata";)...That's why I posted that tutorial ...to see different "head parts" located in other plce than facegendata directory...

This is what I did as it was far easier the faffing around with it all and yes SSE is officially doing my head in. If it is not one issue it another maybe things aren't as stable as i hoped when i first deiced to create this guide.

I guess it too much ask for a mod that is supposed to have been made for SSE to work properly on SSE without faffing around the CK, or SSE Nif opt. I am at the point now in saying if a mod made for SSE doesn't work out of the box and you have to faff around it ain't going in cos this is really really pissing me off now. Mini rant over and with that I am out off here smell you later.

I'm all for this Lexy!  "You" shouldn't have to be doing it.

use head parts only ..normally are in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata. So you do first head parts only (copy nif optimizer.exe in that directory and run it)..next you can move the nif optimizer.exe in the meshes folder..it will skip the converted head parts in "meshes\actors\character\facegendata";)...That's why I posted that tutorial ...to see different "head parts" located in other plce than facegendata directory...

See, this is what I mean is confusing. You say "normally are in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata" - "normally" implies exceptions... You never know. And no guide I've read or seen so far is more peremptory about which meshes do need to be optimized as head parts. It's always "normally", or "for example..." or "such as..." or something similar. It seems like we're acting on a hunch. So at the moment I know I can't trust my own ports, and I don't know if I can trust anyone else's.

This shouldn't be tragic, I agree with Lexy - if we need to change mods from the classic guide we change, and a good reason for it is not being able to trust a ported mod. But most mods on the SE are actually ports. Maybe a handful state very clearly that they were completely remade for the SE, and a few may have been originally made for it (like Majestic Mountains). The rest are ports, and that's the "tragedy"

Sure, we have been using them for a month here. Some we may say that work because we've not seen anything wrong with them so far. That's not so bad... Oh, maybe I'm just tired. About to rebuild from scratch for the fourth time since I can't determine what's causing the CTD I'm getting in Dawnstar - which is not SSoS, checked that and double-checked, Talos included. As a consolation I feel we're breaking gound here. And I see Lexy's move to making this guide having an effect on the current dynamics around SSE. So, end of rant and back to work :P

Ok Guys Windsong is in bye bye to the headache that was Massive NPC Facelift Ovrehaul.

take note of special installation also take note of the new shiny NPC Retexture Merge and also take note of the new location within the guide for teh whole NPC Retexture Section also added Interesting NPCs - 3DNPC - Overhaul which is part if said merge.

with that i am out of here.

See, this is what I mean is confusing. You say "normally are in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata" - "normally" implies exceptions... You never know. And no guide I've read or seen so far is more peremptory about which meshes do need to be optimized as head parts. It's always "normally", or "for example..." or "such as..." or something similar. It seems like we're acting on a hunch. So at the moment I know I can't trust my own ports, and I don't know if I can trust anyone else's.

That's why I posted that tutorial ...to see different "head parts" located in other plce than facegendata directory...

If you are careful you can't do any harm..it's not rocket science :)

Hey guys you can now download a sexy CreationKitCustom.ini extract to your Skyrim Special Edition main folder. If you have already done these edits it should be OK you don't need to reinstall the CK.

DarkladyLexy, your original Creation Kit instructions had modders place

1. 2 lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1"   and   "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") at the top of the CreationKit.ini [General] section.  The new CreationKitCustom.ini file (Thank You! for that) only has 1 of those lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") in it.  Is "bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1" no longer needed?
  2. ",Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" after 'Skyrim - Patch.bsa' at the end of the line starting with "SResourceArchiveList2=".  Is this change no longer needed?  I have the entire, modified "SResourceArchiveList2=" line in my CreationKitCustom.ini file.
Edited by Decopauge123

Ok guys and gals, i know I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw sometimes, but prerequisite page...downloaded lastest SSEEdit tool and WICO cleanup script. "Special installation: Extract to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts. Then go to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder". I find NO lib folder in Edit script of SSEEdit for the mteFunction.pas...where have i fallen off the beaten track?

Ok guys and gals, i know I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw sometimes, but prerequisite page...downloaded lastest SSEEdit tool and WICO cleanup script. "Special installation: Extract to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts. Then go to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder". I find NO lib folder in Edit script of SSEEdit for the mteFunction.pas...where have i fallen off the beaten track?

You get the script here https://github.com/matortheeternal/TES5EditScripts

DarkladyLexy, your original Creation Kit instructions had modders place

1. 2 lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1"   and   "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") at the top of the CreationKit.ini [General] section.  The new CreationKitCustom.ini file (Thank You! for that) only has 1 of those lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") in it.  Is "bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1" no longer needed?
  2. ",Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" after 'Skyrim - Patch.bsa' at the end of the line starting with "SResourceArchiveList2=".  Is this change no longer needed?  I have the entire, modified "SResourceArchiveList2=" line in my CreationKitCustom.ini file.

I used the provided creationkit_custom.ini and the CK crashes (freezes) on exit every time. So I went back to editing creationkit.ini directly and deleted creationkit_custom.ini and the CK exits normally without crashing.

I used the provided creationkit_custom.ini and the CK crashes (freezes) on exit every time. So I went back to editing creationkit.ini directly and deleted creationkit_custom.ini and the CK exits normally without crashing.

Is there an audio setting in that creationkit_custom.ini?

Edit 

[Audio]
bEnableAudio=0

remove this and try again, had same issue.
Edited by cptmcsplody