Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Shadriss, I've had it happen in the safehouse putting things into the sell chest so, at least for me, it wasn't related to Sofia at all.

I was referring to the original problem... transferring of items from the PC to Sofia (which seemed to imply that it was ONLY Sofia that was causing this version of the CTD), and not the the potential Frostfall issue.

The closest I've see to what you just described is a strange 'hitch' when I'm dropping things in the sorting chest rapidly, but all that ends up doing in un-highlighting where I had my cursor and pausing the game for a half moment... an inconvenience to be sure, but not a CTD or game-breaking by any means. As I said, I've seen lots of mentions of this supposed bug, and I'm not saying for a moment that it doesn't exist - only that I've never seen it personally, and never seen it presented as anything except anecdotally. No troubleshooting steps have been mentioned (saying that removing Frostfall fixes it does not mean Frostfall is the problem - it could be a mod interaction as well), nothing has been spoken of (that I've seen) about the actual cause of the problem. The portion about it being related to warmth and coverage values is also anecdotal, as others have reported it as being any item being sold or transferred rapidly.

If it IS Frostfall, keep in mind there are TWO mods that create it in our (current as of yesterday) guide load order - there is the original Frostfall (which never showed this behavior in LE) and the unofficial SE update. This being the case, I point out that the error (if such exists) could as easily be in the unofficial update as it could be in Frostfall itself.

So, again, to re-iterate (or TLDR, if you prefer) - I've never seen anything other than circumstantial evidence that Frostfall is the cause of this error, nor have I seen that error personally. Given the original problem described (and assuming that I interpreted the problem correctly), it relates only to one specific follower in that case, and so that is where I would start my troubleshooting efforts.

EDIT: Reading this over after I posted it, I realized that it come off as real snotty and jerk-ish. That's not the intent... I wanted only to explain my reasoning, and when that gets a bit long winded, it can come off as other than intended. Please don't take it that way - if there is a problem, I want it solved in case it does rear up in my game at some point. That said, I have to look at the actual indications and previous efforts... and the latter (while they do exist) doesn't really clear anything up.

Edited by Shadriss

Hello STEP community.  I've been missing out on Skyrim for several years. I last played STEP 2.2.6 back in 2013 but I never made it passed the first Alduin battle. Last summer I installed 2.10.0 but never played it. (I got too caught up in competitive Mech Warrior Online and then PUBG for the last 5 years).  I really want to get back into the game.  I'm looking at Lexy's guide and thinking it's what fits me best.  My Steam will only let me install Special Edition for some reason even though I originally purchased oldrim/LE.  I've looked at Belmont Boy's Ultimate Skyrim and I would really like to give Requiem a go, but I can't download LE (I do have backups though kinda).   

Anyhow my question is... How does Lexy's LotD with Morrowloot and the newly implemented(in progress) Omega mods compare with Requiem?  I see that LotD already includes Campfire,frostfall, iNeed, and Keep it clean, which are some important immersion mods.  Some advantages of LotD is you get the discipline of STEP along with Legacy of the Dragonborn (which all requiem packs miss).  But SSE misses Requiem's economic changes, arrow penetration, slower leveling, etc.   Are these mostly covered in Omega and will that make LotD feel very Requiem'ish?  

Please forgive my ignorance and Thank you in advance for any responses :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20035

This new follower looks super interesting, so happy to see another high quality male follower. It has interactions with a lot of the mods in the guide so it may be a nice addition.

that is on my radar I know the Mod Author is working on interactions with LOTD so might wait for that

Hello STEP community.  I've been missing out on Skyrim for several years. I last played STEP 2.2.6 back in 2013 but I never made it passed the first Alduin battle. Last summer I installed 2.10.0 but never played it. (I got too caught up in competitive Mech Warrior Online and then PUBG for the last 5 years).  I really want to get back into the game.  I'm looking at Lexy's guide and thinking it's what fits me best.  My Steam will only let me install Special Edition for some reason even though I originally purchased oldrim/LE.  I've looked at Belmont Boy's Ultimate Skyrim and I would really like to give Requiem a go, but I can't download LE (I do have backups though kinda).   

Anyhow my question is... How does Lexy's LotD with Morrowloot and the newly implemented(in progress) Omega mods compare with Requiem?  I see that LotD already includes Campfire,frostfall, iNeed, and Keep it clean, which are some important immersion mods.  Some advantages of LotD is you get the discipline of STEP along with Legacy of the Dragonborn (which all requiem packs miss).  But SSE misses Requiem's economic changes, arrow penetration, slower leveling, etc.   Are these mostly covered in Omega and will that make LotD feel very Requiem'ish?  

Please forgive my ignorance and Thank you in advance for any responses :)

Sorry I can't help there not having played Requiem

that is on my radar I know the Mod Author is working on interactions with LOTD so might wait for that

Sorry I can't help there not having played Requiem

No worries.  Thanks for your honesty about it.  It feels like you're going for several of the same themes, enhanced realism, more challenge, and incorporating Omega seems to be one of the more Requiem'ish ideas.  I'm very much looking forward to you finishing this update.  I was going to try and finish my LotD install tomorrow (so far I've only done up to step 17), but in light of your work in progress, I'll do a GPU fan mod I was intending instead and wait for the Omega update to be fully posted.  Thank you for everything you're doing.

If it IS Frostfall, keep in mind there are TWO mods that create it in our (current as of yesterday) guide load order - there is the original Frostfall (which never showed this behavior in LE) and the unofficial SE update. This being the case, I point out that the error (if such exists) could as easily be in the unofficial update as it could be in Frostfall itself.

For me it was the unofficial update and I just deleted / hid the batrermenu.swf, containermenu.swf, craftingmenu.swf, inventorymenu.swf and Skyui folder int the Interface folder. I lost the Frostfall info in menus, but still have the meters/widgets and that is what matters for me. CTDs disappeared when trying to transfer rapidly armor and clothing.

For me it was the unofficial update and I just deleted / hid the batrermenu.swf, containermenu.swf, craftingmenu.swf, inventorymenu.swf and Skyui folder int the Interface folder. I lost the Frostfall info in menus, but still have the meters/widgets and that is what matters for me. CTDs disappeared when trying to transfer rapidly armor and clothing.

And that is exactly the kind of information I was saying was needed, and proves my original point - thanks much, Rider. You may want to report that on the Nexus comments as well (if it isn't already there - it may be, and I just didn't see it), and if you are on the Discord you should do the same thing there. The only question I have at this point is what else the Unofficial update does, and if it's worth continuing to use for the average user if this kind of problem exists.

Back to the original problem though - more information needed on if the CTD is only with Sofia or if it's a more general issue.

EDIT: In other news, DynDOLOD has updated to 2.44. Posting here since I can't get to Discord ATM.

Edited by Shadriss

I've been playing with an early september build for the past couple weeks and had little trouble at all. A few CTD but mostly overload of my graphics card (I think).

But now I have my first two major gameplay issues:

1. In the final battle with Miraak, I can't advance, since he's constantly stuck in ethereal state. I read up on solutions, like using console etc., but they seem not to work for me.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? especially with this build?

2. To add to Sofia issues, I haven't been able to get her to wear my crafted new armor. Instead she'S walking around naked all the time. Any research on the issue, like turning of sndboxing etc. hasn't helped either.

I personally don't know if it only happens with Sofia. I was just trying to state exactly what happens when I CTD. I don't have the time nor patience to test out other possibilities. I'm going to try this out though and will report back in if it changes or, Talos forbid, worsens the problem.

Thank you all for your help in figuring out this issue.

oh, and I don't think I personally read any messages as coming across snarkish or jerkish. I have long since learned to leave emotion out of internet reading lol.

well, I am pleased to report that I took out the afor mentioned files and then went into the game and passed all manner of items back and forth between Sofia and I and didn't have a single CTD. It doesn't tell me the warmth or coverage that an item provides, but if it keeps me in the game, I will take it! Thanks again for all the community's help!!!

Guys, just checked the guide after weeks... Super-excited about the return of Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul! But, I know it may be a difficult question to answer: will there be any problems if I use a ported version of Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade instead of Ars Metallica? I've seen that there shouldn't be any problem with the porting itself - the only things that require attention are compatibility patches with the other mods in the guide, and I don't know if they will work on Special Edition.

On an unrelated note, I've seen some weeks ago on Trello that Qaxe's Questorium was put on testing, and since I've been using it I can tell that I've seen no major or game-breaking bug.

Edited by LukeCreed13

Guys, just checked the guide after weeks... Super-excited about the return of Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul! But, I know it may be a difficult question to answer: will there be any problems if I use a ported version of Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade instead of Ars Metallica? I've seen that there shouldn't be any problem with the porting itself - the only things that require attention are compatibility patches with the other mods in the guide, and I don't know if they will work on Special Edition.

On an unrelated note, I've seen some weeks ago on Trello that Qaxe's Questorium was put on testing, and since I've been using it I can tell that I've seen no major or game-breaking bug.

Unless the author updated Qaxe it has gamebreaking bugs by causing CTDs all over (specifically in Whiterun Hold) because it is missing facegen files. You have to to do some manual fixing with an older version to get it working.