Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I really like the looks of this build and look forward to completing it some time in October ;). 

While working my way through it I've come up with a suggestion and a question.

First, you might want to mention on 17.1 [NVIDIA Profile Inspector] that if someone has a monitor that does better than 60hz and they plan on installing 11.3 [(SKSE64) Havok Fix], they may not want to use the frame rate limiter setting. 

Second, I'm a bit confused about 13.9 [Faster Mining Plus SE].

You say to remove fastermining6-3.esp and add the fixed script from Hazado. I read, some time ago, that the MO2 team decided to stop loading bsas without a matching esp. When I deleted fastermining6-3.esp the fastermining6-3.bsa was disabled on the archives tab and I couldn't enable it. That leads me to believe loading bsas with out esps is still not supported. A cursory google search didn't find any info about bsa loading being re-added. 

In any case, the loose mineorescript.pex script in Hazado's fix overwrites the one in the bsa. Since that's the only script in the bsa anyway, why not drop the nexus download and just use the fixed scripts alone? 

I really like the looks of this build and look forward to completing it some time in October ;). 

While working my way through it I've come up with a suggestion and a question.

First, you might want to mention on 17.1 [NVIDIA Profile Inspector] that if someone has a monitor that does better than 60hz and they plan on installing 11.3 [(SKSE64) Havok Fix], they may not want to use the frame rate limiter setting.

I can certainly add an idiot check to turn off the limiter.

Second, I'm a bit confused about 13.9 [Faster Mining Plus SE].

You say to remove fastermining6-3.esp and add the fixed script from Hazado. I read, some time ago, that the MO2 team decided to stop loading bsas without a matching esp. When I deleted fastermining6-3.esp the fastermining6-3.bsa was disabled on the archives tab and I couldn't enable it. That leads me to believe loading bsas with out esps is still not supported. A cursory google search didn't find any info about bsa loading being re-added. 

In any case, the loose mineorescript.pex script in Hazado's fix overwrites the one in the bsa. Since that's the only script in the bsa anyway, why not drop the nexus download and just use the fixed scripts alone? 

The esp is a dummy so it only exists to load the BSA and since we are extracting the BSA we don't this useless esp taking up space. The mod is also there to acknowledge the original mod author and give credit where credit is due 

• +1 1

Idiot checks are always welcome. Sometimes because it's not obvious to the casual observer, like the Havok Fix.

Sometimes people need a clue bat. A good example: I know you go through what the labels attached to each mod mean early in the guide. May I suggest another idiot check? Add one to Ask Innkeepers To Show Room SE. Something along the lines of 'This is the first mod with a bsa that needs to be extracted. Did you look at the label above? They are important, you know.'

:unsure:

Edited by nickrud

Idiot checks are always welcome. Sometimes because it's not obvious to the casual observer, like the Havok Fix.

Sometimes people need a clue bat. A good example: I know you go through what the labels attached to each mod mean early in the guide. May I suggest another idiot check? Add one to Ask Innkeepers To Show Room SE. Something along the lines of 'This is the first mod with a bsa that needs to be extracted. Did you look at the label above? They are important, you know.'

:unsure:

I could do that thou I feel that spoon feeding and babying users too much which I don't like to do.

I could do that thou I feel that spoon feeding and babying users too much which I don't like to do.

Totally understandable - I'm the 'support guy' in my office. But, anything that keeps them from asking me directly is usually a plus in my life. 

That said, I'm going back to working on my install. Thanks again.

Getting the following error in LOOT after updating all of my metadata:

Cyclic interaction detected between "RSC Keld-Nar Patch.esp" and "Better Dynamic Snow.esp". Back cycle: Better Dynamic Snow.esp, ETaC - Better Dynamic Snow Patch.esp, Keld-Nar.esp, RSC Keld-Nar Patch.esp

This is because RSC Keld-Nar Patch.esp is in the default group, which is before Arthmoor's villages. Assigning RSC Keld-Nar Patch to the Arthmoor's Villages LOOT group resolves the issue.

Oh, Hallelujah! 

So, I double-checked against your picture, and everything was exactly the same...and still not working. But your comment about reinstalling the portable version made me think to open MO and hit the "instance selection dialogue" button. I selected the portable version, and loaded back in. 

The ONLY difference I could see was that the currently open profile and MO's style both reverted to default. All of my mods, profiles, and other settings were still there, and nothing had visibly changed in the MO base folder. But Relinker WORKED this time. 

So, to add to the list of stuff to try for anyone else who runs into the problem: Reselect the portable instance of MO2, even if your folders appear to be where they should be. 

I see that as a potential solution (I experienced the same Relinker issue). However, setting in portable doesn't see my profiles. Do I just map the file paths back into MO2?

Hey folks, I've been tracking this mod guide for a very very long time.

I have not done any installing because of how frequent it is updated, but I am getting the itch to start modding again in hopes of getting in a good play through.

For those of you who constantly update your mod lists to match the guide, is it a lot of work? have you "messed up" in the process? Is the game stable for a playthru as of right now or are there prominent bugs? 

Thanks in advance.

I'm just now discovering Lexy's--great guide! It's very comprehensive and it's clear a ton of love goes into it.

That it's updated so frequently is a double-edged sword. It's great it's on the leading edge, but updating is a chore because building it in the first place is time-consuming.

It needs some sort of hard versioning, with a dropdown to select between versions, or some like solution. 

For instance, I built it a couple of weeks ago. I had a question about how I installed Hunterborn. I searched the Main Page and couldn't find it. I asked myself, "did I actually see Hunterborn, or am I confusing it with some other installation somewhere?" Lo and behold, Hunterborn has been removed, which was indeed documented.

But that has follow-on effects, like having to rebuild merges, and rerunning all the patches (and I'm not sure TexGen/DynDOLOD).

Now I've put the game/build on hold, because I see that CACO, Omega (and OBIS?) are coming soon. CACO and Omega both look complicated--lots of patches and stuff.

Maybe my advice is to take a snapshot, then cache it locally in case you need to refer to it.

All that said, I strenuously endorse Lexy's build. Give it a try!

I'm just now discovering Lexy's--great guide! It's very comprehensive and it's clear a ton of love goes into it.

That it's updated so frequently is a double-edged sword. It's great it's on the leading edge, but updating is a chore because building it in the first place is time-consuming.

This has been a long running debate as to which is the true game........constantly modding or playing the game. A guide being updated all the time has run on from our GRAND MASTER NOVALEN,S guide through MASTER DARTH,S and will continue through MASTER LEXYS as well. Each person has got to decide as to when they will stop updating and stick with what they have to play.......there will always be a time to reconsider, update, start again etc. If one doesn't stop then yes they face the joy of CONTINUALLY updating etc.......errr rather weird quotation headline above as done on my iPad on hollies!!!!!!

Edited by berndaroy

This has been a long running debate as to which is the true game........constantly modding or playing the game. A guide being updated all the time has run on from our GRAND MASTER NOVALEN,S guide through MASTER DARTH,S and will continue through MASTER LEXYS as well. Each person has got to decide as to when they will stop updating and stick with what they have to play.......there will always be a time to reconsider, update, start again etc. If one doesn't stop then yes they face the joy of CONTINUALLY updating etc

The only suggestion I would make is to freeze a version, so those folks who decide to, you know, actually play can refer back to the instructions for the build they have on hand. When the live version is the only one, it makes going back difficult.

That said, I'm a proponent of the constant updates--it demonstrates to the community it's an active build.

Jimbosi hi! Yes I hear what you saying in regards to showing it's an active build. There is technically a version already stored in the history tab at the top of the guide........true if a person stops modding, and chooses to play, they will need to record or remember the date they stopped modding and can then go into history on that date and it should reflect the guide as it was on that date. I had to use Neovalen's guide history, to intergrate Wyrmstooth, it's patches etc to fit into my LE build as an example

Edited by berndaroy

I'm getting a problem where I am getting CTDs after transferring stuff between mine and Sofia's Inventories. I can be in my own inventory and, say kegs for hours and no issue, however. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The only thing that comes to mind is the known bug with Frostfall (or one of it's patches, can't recall right now) where quickly transferring items that have warmth ratings can ctd.