Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

It's intended for someone who doesn't use fast travel in their playthrough, and basically presents another level of access to work in tandem with the carriage / ferry rides, and by default you're spending soul gems to power it (configurable to player preference) it involves questing and exploration to get it operational and it looks great in the environment. 

In my opinion it is a lot more reasonable than a 'teleportation hub' in the sense I believe you're mentioning--heck, it takes more legwork than just using carriages because you have to discover the wayshrines and activate them with soul gems before they're valid destinations in the first place. 

The #1 reason I like it is because it feels like a fun and rewarding expansion of your travel options that you grow into as your character levels up and explores more and more regions of the world space, and you can make it as involved as you like to gain access to it.

I must admit that your explanation makes the idea of it much more attractive and something I might condsider at a later time.

A mod has been released to give Moonpath to Elseweyr a fully custom soundtrack, using tracks from Beyond Skyrim: Elseweyr.  An excellent candidate for inclusion in the guide, IMO!

Nice find, I'm dl'ing now. I'm waiting to include BS: Bruma, but I dl'ed similar small mods that include their colovian & imperial noble clothes to spice up my pedestrians' wardrobes.

* edit: here's a returning favorite, Enhanced No Poison Dialog is back with dual weapon support. Just in case y'all missed it, I just replaced my old dl I've been using since it disappeared.

Edited by redirishlord

I'm not commenting for or against the addition of the Wayshrines mod.  I know I"m probably the oddball here, but I don't like fast travel at all and don't use it (excluding the cart rides).  I don't particularly care for teleportation hubs either :P.  For me fast travel breaks immersion.  For someone who, unlike me, doesn't have plenty of time to play, I can see where fast travel is a godsend.

I don't like fast traveling neither but after a while and with the character growing stronger and exploring more, there are places I want to return faster than the first times.

@Kneph - Your final comment was a little confusing - is my bolded version what you mean?

I agree with the general idea of nixing fast travel... on the other hand, when events like the Clavicus Vile daedric quest happen, and it sends you from one corner of the map to the other... oh, how I am tempted. SWIFT, as mentioned, as least does so in a way that A) makes you work for it, B) feels like it may actually fit into the lore, and C) still doesn't drop you off five feet from the cave or whatever that you need to get to - only reasonably closer. It still needs some addons for some of the questlines this guide adds, but they are all in progress, as best I can tell from the nexus page.

And best of all, if you don't want to use them, you still don't have to... just pass them by, and ignore the quest to turn them on (which doesn't start unless you inspect a wayshrine).

I haven't been everywhere a shrine is yet, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think there are any real conflicts. I'll leave that to those who know xEdit far better than I do. But it does appear to work with the current setup, at least on my end.

Edited by Shadriss

Well then i'm truly an odd ball, as my favorite mode of transport is flying/levitating. Nothing like a birds eye view of the landscape etc. Lore wise......probably not since Oblivion, but was a spell in Morrowind and sure BEATS PONY RIDING and a sore backside lol

@Kneph - Your final comment was a little confusing - is my bolded version what you mean?

I agree with the general idea of nixing fast travel... on the other hand, when events like the Clavicus Vile daedric quest happen, and it sends you from one corner of the map to the other... oh, how I am tempted. SWIFT, as mentioned, as least does so in a way that A) makes you work for it, B) feels like it may actually fit into the lore, and C) still doesn't drop you off five feet from the cave or whatever that you need to get to - only reasonably closer. It still needs some addons for some of the questlines this guide adds, but they are all in progress, as best I can tell from the nexus page.

And best of all, if you don't want to use them, you still don't have to... just pass them by, and ignore the quest to turn them on (which doesn't start unless you inspect a wayshrine).

I haven't been everywhere a shrine is yet, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think there are any real conflicts. I'll leave that to those who know xEdit far better than I do. But it does appear to work with the current setup, at least on my end.

What I meant is that I have plenty of time to play (retirement does that), but for those whose time is limited, it could be a necessity.

Possible Issue: I restarted my run since I did the rebuild, and twice (two separate starts), I have been unable to get into Whiterun following the events at Helgen, because the guard who is supposed to unlock the door isn't there to unlock it. Used the Khajit Caravan Guard and Inn Patron starts. Of additional interest, on the most recent of the two, the scene with Aela did not occur at all outside of Whiterun either.

Will do one more run with the vanilla start and see if it's still happening. If it doesn't, any ideas where the problem may lie?

EDIT: Vanilla start was mixed result - Aela and Giant still did not appear, but the Whiterun Guard did. Wha?

EDIT, Part the Second: Complete restart in vanilla (new game, not via a post MCM-setup save) has everything back where it belongs. Random script error problem?

Edited by Shadriss

There is definitely a lot that can help me set up my game in Lexy's SSE Guide.

I dont plan to install the entire thing - dont think my skills or my computer could handle it - but There is so much good info and advice about many mods I want to use.

The very first section about SKSE plugins is excellent. I already had found a couple of them for an earlier abandoned build and there are more besides; all pretty necessary seems to me.

Really excellent work.

My first question concerns the ini for the Uncapper. I dont plan to use Ordinator so I want to set PerksAtLevelUp to the default value, 1 per level.

This is what I see in the ini

1 = 1.00
2 = 1.40
3 = 1.20

And the instructions is "Change this to the vanilla setting 1 = 1.00"

I am not sure what exactly I am supposed to do...

There is definitely a lot that can help me set up my game in Lexy's SSE Guide.

I dont plan to install the entire thing - dont think my skills or my computer could handle it - but There is so much good info and advice about many mods I want to use.

The very first section about SKSE plugins is excellent. I already had found a couple of them for an earlier abandoned build and there are more besides; all pretty necessary seems to me.

Really excellent work.

My first question concerns the ini for the Uncapper. I dont plan to use Ordinator so I want to set PerksAtLevelUp to the default value, 1 per level.

This is what I see in the ini

1 = 1.00
2 = 1.40
3 = 1.20

And the instructions is "Change this to the vanilla setting 1 = 1.00"

I am not sure what exactly I am supposed to do...

Delete the extra two lines, so that all that remains is 1 = 1.00. Simple as that. :)

Random Question ('Cause it's what I do). Is there a way to remove the portion of Notice Board that has the random notes pasted to it? I honestly find it more annoying than additive, though the main board (And the one added by Missives as well, for that matter) I like the idea of.

Well then i'm truly an odd ball, as my favorite mode of transport is flying/levitating. Nothing like a birds eye view of the landscape etc. Lore wise......probably not since Oblivion, but was a spell in Morrowind and sure BEATS PONY RIDING and a sore backside lol

ROTFL

Berndaroy you made me rediscover this mod which has very recently been ported to SSEhttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18347

You even get wing options to choose from.

BTW I don't know if the author thought about it but flying/levitating should be extremely relaxing and grant you Well Rested bonus for a good distance travelled!

Don't even get me into mentioning the several flying carpet mods or the X-Wing for LE...