Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Realized that ELE is overriding many of ELFX's lights with vanilla or close to vanilla parameters. I forwarded all of ELFX's lights and added a few more tweaks while testing The Bannered Mare. These pics are all Before (with ELE overrides) and After (with ELFX restored and a few lights added or changed):

reo0mDX.pnghlcXMeb.png

19W7B7b.pngb9kaX2z.png

505B2Bb.pngtBiiJMX.png

E7aJJH1.pngDheBiIY.png

WEzGMOR.pngFVrXRvV.png

Edited by godescalcus

@ godescalus re- your last: does it seem like ELFX needs to load after ELE? With optional tweaking (like your esp file from the Discord, thanks btw) added after? Those pictures really show the difference, enough to get me to drop my pure ELE+RS for the ELFX combo from Lexy's guide.

On another note, is it me/my setup or does Phoenix ENB (with FXAA not TAA through an Nvidia card) seem a bit purple? Running Skyrim Re-engaged for Obsidian dust effects and interior lighting seem slightly golden, switching out the relevant ENB files for Phoenix seems slightly violet.

Don't think ELFX should load after ELE, if you did that you'd need to patch even more so that every interior cell gets ELE imagespace and lighting template carried. By its nature it seems more practical to always have ELE towards the bottom of the load order and patch other mods when necessary. Just load the tweak last in your load order, it may eventually get merged into the CR. This kind of tweaking can be a neverending quest, best done only in those places that have really annoying dark areas that should have some more light. Most other buildings in Solitude that I visited are dark, but ok. They're mostly smaller and the existing lights are enough.

I do think Phoenix shifts a bit towards colder colors relative to ReEngaged. NVT looks better than ReE IMO. Less saturated, similar color choices.

I do like the guides ELFX+RS+ELE, it does add a certain something. I hear you on never-ending quest to tweak, I have custom home mods so I'm using the no homes esp for ELFX and just edited Winstad Manor cells out of Improved Hearthfire Lighting to accomdate Tranquil Winstad's lighting changes. I need to quit tweaking & start dungeon delving so I can see the Dynamically Darker mod from the Trello suggestions in action. 

I think the clarity of Re-engaged (with my Nvidia tweaks) suites me best, personal choice as you say.

I was wondering if anyone else encounters this--select bits of flora look 'fullbright' to me regardless of lighting conditions, or close to it, to where it's mildly jarring and annoying.  The rest of the foliage looks fine, but here's junipers as an example of what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/89pkOxi.jpg

My portcullis texture is also wonky and I'm not entirely sure the source of that little annoyance, as the lion's share of the rest of the package looks fine otherwise.  

One solution I haven't seen mentioned is using enhancer instead of ele.  It would easily take care of the compatibility issues and it looks damn good.  I haven't tried enhancer in a long time and was surprised how good it looked when I swapped it in.  Interiors are marginally brighter, well enough to see, and the only real draw back, depending on your preference, is the fires don't emit such a red glow.  I also noticed what a difference the choice of enb makes.  I get the impression that everyone is using their enb of choice, which is great, but the difference between phoenixvivid and nvt, for example, is huge, in terms of the level of interior darkness.  Even with enhancer instead of ele PV was really dark in corners without a light source where NVT was much easier to see.

I've looked through the past comments and the other mediums and haven't seen these mentioned so I thought I'd throw them out there for consideration:

Tamriel Reloaded Landscapes BC7: 4k with BC7 compression.  It looks amazing.  I'm testing it with Nordic Snow, which I know used to be part of the guide, and am blown away by the clarity.

Northern Realistic Clouds:  I also tried Ethereal Clouds but it looks too defined, more like a painting than an immersive environment.  NRC looks great with the lighting/weather choices of the guide.

Smooth Sky Mesh

Finally, has Character Creation Overhaul or Open Cities been considered?  I didn't see them mentioned anywhere.  I prefer Diversity by krypt but until it gets ported CCO might be nice.  OC can be problematic in terms of compatibility but it's amazing how well it runs in SE.

I do see Music Merge is being considered and I am a big fan of that mod.  It's great for variety, especially for longtime players.  If I recall correctly you can even swap the different music mods in and out, giving a lot of control depending on mood or if you've just listened to a particular music mod for awhile.

Sorry if these have been discussed.  I did try to do my homework first.

ENB's will make a huge difference in interior lighting, especially the newest .0345 binaries which now have interior Point Lighting. ENB site is down now (temporary?) unfortunately...

This parameter affects things like torches, candles, fires, etc.

This can be tweaked under Environment : PointLightingIntensityInterior

Also, ambient or "general" interior lighting can be tweaked in Environment : AmbientLightingIntensityInterior

Hopefully this helps out.

Also, if I'm not mistaken ELFX enhancer can be included with ELE (load it after), and if memory serves me right, this was a pretty nice look, but no time to further check this now unfortunately...

One solution I haven't seen mentioned is using enhancer instead of ele.  It would easily take care of the compatibility issues and it looks damn good.  I haven't tried enhancer in a long time and was surprised how good it looked when I swapped it in.  Interiors are marginally brighter, well enough to see, and the only real draw back, depending on your preference, is the fires don't emit such a red glow.  I also noticed what a difference the choice of enb makes.  I get the impression that everyone is using their enb of choice, which is great, but the difference between phoenixvivid and nvt, for example, is huge, in terms of the level of interior darkness.  Even with enhancer instead of ele PV was really dark in corners without a light source where NVT was much easier to see.

I've looked through the past comments and the other mediums and haven't seen these mentioned so I thought I'd throw them out there for consideration:

Tamriel Reloaded Landscapes BC7: 4k with BC7 compression.  It looks amazing.  I'm testing it with Nordic Snow, which I know used to be part of the guide, and am blown away by the clarity.

Northern Realistic Clouds:  I also tried Ethereal Clouds but it looks too defined, more like a painting than an immersive environment.  NRC looks great with the lighting/weather choices of the guide.

Smooth Sky Mesh

Finally, has Character Creation Overhaul or Open Cities been considered?  I didn't see them mentioned anywhere.  I prefer Diversity by krypt but until it gets ported CCO might be nice.  OC can be problematic in terms of compatibility but it's amazing how well it runs in SE.

I do see Music Merge is being considered and I am a big fan of that mod.  It's great for variety, especially for longtime players.  If I recall correctly you can even swap the different music mods in and out, giving a lot of control depending on mood or if you've just listened to a particular music mod for awhile.

Sorry if these have been discussed.  I did try to do my homework first.

I dl'ed Tamriel Reloaded and Northern Clouds, hard to tell anything from paint.net (esp because I'd have to rename all of the TRL files to .dds2 to view them, since I don't have Photoshop anymore) but once I finally load up a test game...eventually... The screenshots look really good though.

Already using Smooth Sky Mesh, such a small thing but looks so much better.

I was wondering if anyone else encounters this--select bits of flora look 'fullbright' to me regardless of lighting conditions, or close to it, to where it's mildly jarring and annoying.  The rest of the foliage looks fine, but here's junipers as an example of what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/89pkOxi.jpg

My portcullis texture is also wonky and I'm not entirely sure the source of that little annoyance, as the lion's share of the rest of the package looks fine otherwise.  

SO far as the image you posted, I don't really see an issue. They look exactly like mine do, and given the time of day, it doesn't look out of place.