Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

One of the greatest things about the net is that you can share ideas. One of the worst is that tone of voice and intention don't translate well into straight text unless you are a book author - and even then it's even odds. No worries, everyone - the goal here is to make this as good as possible for as many as possible. Arguements are fine - reasoned ones anyway, and I think that's what essentially happened here.

Now that we have the correct information on the cause, the next step (for those of us who want it) is a solution that addresses it. Escalus has one... that I don't think I could do easily enough to justify mucking about in xEdit. Another is the ENB lighting alterations (which I may mark down what I did and provide to the forums for evaluation by others, just to see how off my display really is comparitively). Last is the possible ELE interior lighting file that was mentioned earlier... and that I will leave to others to test, since it will likely involve merges. I can do those... I just don't like to screw with things I don't really understand. Easy to mess stuff up if you don't really understand what it is you are doing with them, and I don't, so just just safer.

Anyhow, no worries. We all want the same thing, in the end, really - a Skyrim that only messes with us because it can, not because we did something to it.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

i know what you mean Shadriss my dry British humour doesn't always translate well in straight text.

I am always open to a good health debate that is we improve things.

AMEN. Though I have to say that the dry British humor is my favorite... Rowan Atkinson in the Black Adder series is a personal favorite. But anyhow... moving on...

AMEN. Though I have to say that the dry British humor is my favorite... Rowan Atkinson in the Black Adder series is a personal favorite. But anyhow... moving on...

Spear & magic helmet! Now, which codpiece to wear today?

Back to topic, very excited to see what Lexy & godescalus do with ELFX, I'd love to give it another try.

When you said one bulb, I get the impression that it's only for one location... but it affects everywhere, doesn't it? Interesting approach to the problem, and not for a lot of people (not without step by step, anyhow), but if it works, great. I am curios how that will affect dungeons and such, which is where I really have problems.

Nope, one bulb is really one bulb. I didn't change the base bulb's record, only the reference that places it. Allows you to change the type of bulb and tweak a few basic parameters.

Edited by godescalcus

Nope, one bulb is really one bulb. I didn't change the base bulb's record, only the reference that places it. Allows you to change the type of bulb and tweak a few basic parameters.

Ah well. Was too much to hope for.

I was just over on the Nexus and have three to bring to attention real quick:

A) Another Nightengale Armor retex... I'm not aure about the armor textures themselves as compared to the Prime we use now, but the weapon retextures look worth it to me. Should be easy enough to delete the armor portions and keep the weapons.

B) In the continuing trend of MCM menus coming back for SSE, CLARALUX gets thiers back. Two versions, one of which removes the door to the Testing Facility outside Riverwood.

C) Finally, an improvement to horse looks and animations. Says it works with Convenient Horses, and if it's an upgrade, it may be worth a look.

See what happens when I have to wait for LOD to gen up?

Edited by Shadriss

Ah well. Was too much to hope for.

I was just over on the Nexus and have three to bring to attention real quick:

A) Another Nightengale Armor retex... I'm not aure about the armor textures themselves as compared to the Prime we use now, but the weapon retextures look worth it to me. Should be easy enough to delete the armor portions and keep the weapons.

B) In the continuing trend of MCM menus coming back for SSE, CLARALUX gets thiers back. Two versions, one of which removes the door to the Testing Facility outside Riverwood.

C) Finally, an improvement to horse looks and animations. Says it works with Convenient Horses, and if it's an upgrade, it may be worth a look.

See what happens when I have to wait for LOD to gen up?

Frankly Nightingale is already on the Trello board, love FF's work - still using Markarth the White City myself. 

Ok, here's a full day's worth of wastefully modding with xEdit: tweaked nothing but one light bulb in the Winking Skeever. No imagespace edits, no lighting template edits. Just the good old combo with one tweaked bulb. There are shady corners for you shady rogues, a well lit central stage for Lisette, atmosphere and all. No funny ELFX flickers that I noticed (I didn't add or remove anything, just changed the light bulb and tweaked the radius, fade, etc).

Original first, then tweaked.

hRipr0k.pngHLBfuWa.png

Not saying it can't be improved, but at least it's done in accordance with ELFX's direction, just tweaking it a bit.

Great work, that really improves the lighting without overdoing it (like the ENB menu brightness option). Is the step-by-step lengthy, I'd love to try your tweak & see how it works with Dynamically Darker Dungeons from the Trello suggested mods. I have DDD installed, looking to gather some empirical evidence from dungeon delving this weekend, assuming I can survive given the Omega changes :woot:  

This is what Lexy means with improving ELFX (I love how pretentious it sounds. Just like half the description pages on nexus :D )

Again original "per guide" and "added a candle" versions:

zBfPR9s.pngzo2pSSB.png

Great work, that really improves the lighting without overdoing it (like the ENB menu brightness option). Is the step-by-step lengthy, I'd love to try your tweak & see how it works with Dynamically Darker Dungeons from the Trello suggested mods. I have DDD installed, looking to gather some empirical evidence from dungeon delving this weekend, assuming I can survive given the Omega changes :woot:  

Jump over to Discord, mod discussions channel and there's a link to a patch that you can dissect and add if you like it.

I used a very basic candle bulb this time, no shadows or anything to avoid problems with lights going on and off.

The step-by-step of doing this isn't lengthy, what took time was figuring it all out. It's basically finding the bulb you want to tweak and tweaking it! But you can't click on bulbs in game so a lot of guesswork and trial-and-error. The new candle was just duping records and fixing the placement coordinates (again trial and error). I can't for the sake of me do this on the CK so it was all xEdit.

Edited by godescalcus
  • +1 1

Hi all, 

I'm getting lost on the finishing line section of the guide.

Should "The Great Equalizer" be included into the pre smash merge? Wrye Bash unchecks it.

Are the mods that were in Pre Smash Patch Merged included into the Smash Patch?

After this section are the mods resorted with loot back into their original order?

A) If WB unchecks it, it gets merged unless specifically noted otherwise - so yes, Equalizer gets merged.

B) They should be unchecked, so they aren't loaded by Smash.

C) No. While it doesn't matter with the mods that aren't turned on, it will move other mods around that were created after the LOOT run, and we don't want that. As the guide says, leave LOOT alone after the directed run - everything that gets moved is done manually after that point.

EDIT: Rebuilding DynDOLOD (like, from xLOD on through the whole process) fixed the CTD at Whiterun I talked about. Not sure what the problem was, but hey - it's fixed!

Edited by Shadriss