Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Has anyone tried T'Skyrim - True Skyrim with this build? It seems too tempting to not try... A large fix&tweak merge that includes a lot of the mods we use in the guide. Checked it against my load order in xEdit and it seems pretty east to CR. I haven't booted the game with it yet, because there are some other bits and pieces I need to test first, and would probably update the guide too.

I'm also itching to try Omega, which I know has been under the radar here. If anyone could tell me in short: what mods can be uninstalledM (because they are included); where it goes (loot rules?); if any patches need changing (authors say MLU patches still work, for example - but, do they mean out of the box, or do we need to redirect references and such); where to look for conflicts to resolve in xEdit, if at all necessary - I'd be more than willing to join the testing.

Has anyone tried T'Skyrim - True Skyrim with this build? It seems too tempting to not try... A large fix&tweak merge that includes a lot of the mods we use in the guide. Checked it against my load order in xEdit and it seems pretty east to CR. I haven't booted the game with it yet, because there are some other bits and pieces I need to test first, and would probably update the guide too.

I'm also itching to try Omega, which I know has been under the radar here. If anyone could tell me in short: what mods can be uninstalledM (because they are included); where it goes (loot rules?); if any patches need changing (authors say MLU patches still work, for example - but, do they mean out of the box, or do we need to redirect references and such); where to look for conflicts to resolve in xEdit, if at all necessary - I'd be more than willing to join the testing.

No rules for Omega, it will sort wherever it has the least amount of conflicts.

If your looking for compatibility information on location mods mnikjom added a guide recently https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18135

If your looking for compatibility information on location mods mnikjom added a guide recently https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18135

I've seen that, the guy seems pretty hyperactive lately ;) But I'd go for locations after trying to fit in his T'Skyrim (T'Skyrim - True Magic would also fit nicely here, altough I panic with too many options and wasn't using Apocalypse)

and also Omega.

Hey Lexy & Darth, I would like to recommend some mods but I am unsure at which platform can we see a list of already-in-testing, or already-declined mods. I would highly recommend you to make a spreadsheet with only 4 columns: "Mod name + link", "Category", "Status", "Short summary". This way you could keep all recommendations noted and public, and also nobody would ask about the same mod twice.

First and second columns would be pretty self-explanatory.

Status could contain such states as Declined, Approved, Testing, Added.

Short summary could contain notes on decline (like too big, don't like, etc.), hardships with implementation (maybe someone can help you with it if they see what is the problem) and maybe thoughts on the mod.

My recommendations mostly would be with explanation as to why I think it would be a good addition.

EDIT: you could just make a new tab for it in your "Darth and Lexy's: SSE LOTD Build" spreadsheet.

Edited by mate1146

[spoilerS]

I CTD after progressing through the LOTD quest "Night at the museum". specifically at the point where the muesium is on fire after you place the Painting of Lord macnarion then sleep in the barracks.

The moment I wake up and see the museum on fire I CTD.

Edit: Idk what happened, but after constant reloads and saving incrementally I was able to get through the quest.

Edited by BlackJackal

[spoilerS]

I CTD after progressing through the LOTD quest "Night at the museum". specifically at the point where the muesium is on fire after you place the Painting of Lord macnarion then sleep in the barracks.

The moment I wake up and see the museum on fire I CTD.

Edit: Idk what happened, but after constant reloads and saving incrementally I was able to get through the quest.

EDIT 2: I meant that stage of the quest. I have been CTDing ALOT on this quest. Alot more frequently then anytime before now.

The Legacy FAQ suggest that if you are CTD'ing during that quest to try using the Low Resolution Textures to get through it and/or don't take a follower on the quest.

That could have been the problem. I had farkus with me. But I couldn't get ride of him because it was a mandatory follow from after retrieving the companions fragment quest.

That could have been the problem. I had farkus with me. But I couldn't get ride of him because it was a mandatory follow from after retrieving the companions fragment quest.

Then In the future, I would remember to not have a follower when speaking to the priest and starting the quest.

Hey Lexy & Darth, I would like to recommend some mods but I am unsure at which platform can we see a list of already-in-testing, or already-declined mods. I would highly recommend you to make a spreadsheet with only 4 columns: "Mod name + link", "Category", "Status", "Short summary". This way you could keep all recommendations noted and public, and also nobody would ask about the same mod twice.

Short summary could contain notes on decline (like too big, don't like, etc.), hardships with implementation (maybe someone can help you with it if they see what is the problem) and maybe thoughts on the mod.

My recommendations mostly would be with explanation as to why I think it would be a good addition.

EDIT: you could just make a new tab for it in your "Darth and Lexy's: SSE LOTD Build" spreadsheet.

This might be a good use for a trello board

Hey Lexy & Darth, I would like to recommend some mods but I am unsure at which platform can we see a list of already-in-testing, or already-declined mods.

While not so visual as a spreadsheet, the Discord channel does have a topic for suggestions, you'd have to load back the discussion if you wanted to know which mods have been suggested and any feedback on those. But it's probably the best place to post and get feedback.

...I'm also itching to try Omega, which I know has been under the radar here. If anyone could tell me in short: what mods can be uninstalledM (because they are included); where it goes (loot rules?); if any patches need changing (authors say MLU patches still work, for example - but, do they mean out of the box, or do we need to redirect references and such); where to look for conflicts to resolve in xEdit, if at all necessary - I'd be more than willing to join the testing.

I'm just wrapping up a build based on Omega (and everything else I can throw in with it), my Modwatch is linked below.

Omega can be installed in a few flavors, primarily MLU or Skyrim Revamped dominant and Enai-rim oriented, see the Nexus page and open the spoilers for specifics ("What does each Mod actually do?").

I'm using the OMEGA MLU AIO Complete option from the FOMOD, it replaces MLU (with an esp of the same name so patches work as originally intended), includes Mortal Enemies & WeaponAF changes, it also includes Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul game settings & encounter zones so SR-CEO is no longer needed. Wildcat & Ultimate Combat are patched but still required. The Complete option includes/improves the MLU-Zim's Immersive Artifacts patch requires ZIA as well as Hammett's Dungeon Packs & Forgotten Dungeons. 

As you can see there are a lot of options, better to check the page and explore under the many spoiler tags for all the info. I'm not knowledgeable enough to give insight into how this would integrate with Lexy's guide and CR patches, but I'm sure you can dig into that yourself :-)

BTW the author claims the appropriate permissions for the included/replaced mods according to the description, of course the original mods should be endorsed to show support :-)

*edit: There's also an option for a Classic Classes replacer, a mod which I had missed before and am no excited to try.

Edited by redirishlord

I can certainly Look into creating a spreadsheet. I have never heard of or used Trello board but I will certainly investigate it next week I am giving myself the weekend off so no updates from me until Monday.

I've reached the patching and LOD portion of the guide, and I've seen reference to 'SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm' in a couple of places now. I don't have this in my load order anywhere, nor do I see any reference to it in the main guide (I'm in the Finishing Line area). Given the sheer number of mods in the list, it's very easilly possible that I've missed a mod somewhere, but I have no idea which it is, or if it was possibly a left-over from a previous edition of the guide.

Regardless, if I could be pointed at the providing mod for this so I can get it corrected, I'd be appreciative.