Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

@ Lexy - yeah I assumed that was something you took care of already.

Oh and those nice looking fires I was talking about a page or two back - unsurprisingly it was the two removed meshes that are apparently problematic. *cry* Fires look so sad now in comparison.

@ Godescalcus - yeah I don’t really like automatic patchers. And while they do generally handle leveled lists well, Morrowloot can make things tricky, especially when using a number of weapon/armor mods. I played around with Wrye Bash a bunch in my last build trying to get it to sort things properly but it just would not. I wound up cutting out a portion of the leveled lists from my bashed patch and only using that, doing everything else manually. Not sure about Smash, haven’t played with it much; but for my purposes I like to handle things manually. I realize that’s not appealing to most though, and for the purposes of a guide such as this it’s almost impossible (you would have to tell people that essentially no deviation is possible. Or make a million mini patches which could be used separately and then merged, like Dreadflopp used to... and then Lexy would spend the rest of her life making patches for the entire Skyrim modding community, lol.)

SMASH is pretty good it gets you 90-95% of the way there then is just and matter an of tweaking it to make sure it does want you to want.

I can possibly see godescalcus suggestion being somewhat useful for merges such as CLARALUX Patches maybe the Landscape and clutter merge these might be good ones to "TEST" stuff on.

Not sure about Smash, haven’t played with it much; but for my purposes I like to handle things manually. I realize that’s not appealing to most though, and for the purposes of a guide such as this it’s almost impossible (you would have to tell people that essentially no deviation is possible. Or make a million mini patches which could be used separately and then merged, like Dreadflopp used to... and then Lexy would spend the rest of her life making patches for the entire Skyrim modding community, lol.)

Actually, if you look at Neovalen's original SRLE (that "started it all", now a bit outdated) you have all the instructions for each user to manually patch everything. Every record, every edit, with justification. The fact that pack authors like lexy provide CR patches with all the work done takes a huge amount of load from most users. Only if you want to go your own way and customize your build do you need to go in and fix those conflicts yourself. Still, in many cases you can get away with simply checking and editing Lexy's patches. I'd say this guide makes it easier for most people, despite using a few more advanced tools (and SSE is pretty unforgiving if you want to use mods that you're used to from LE - no way around using the CK, NIF Optimizer and if you want to port animations, which you can, you need the batch to easily convert those havok files, too) than Neovalen's, which is the most taxing in time (and probably the one that will push a beginning user's modding skills the furthest).

On a side note and as a personal opinion, methinks it might be easier for both Lexy and the people who do their own modding, while still relying on the guide as a backbone, if CR were handled in a more modular way and relied on the final CR merge to wrap it all up. The final merge could still be provided especially for users who build everything exactly as the guide says, but probably wouldn't even be necessary as by then people should be handling merging mods rather easily. If, that is, all the patches don't conflict within themselves. Otherwise, smash'em and xedit'em LOL This is the perfectionist's paradise.

Edited by godescalcus

Actually, if you look at Neovalen's original SRLE (that "started it all", now a bit outdated) you have all the instructions for each user to manually patch everything. Every record, every edit, with justification. The fact that pack authors like lexy provide CR patches with all the work done takes a huge amount of load from most users. Only if you want to go your own way and customize your build do you need to go in and fix those conflicts yourself. Still, in many cases you can get away with simply checking and editing Lexy's patches. I'd say this guide makes it easier for most people, despite using a few more advanced tools (and SSE is pretty unforgiving if you want to use mods that you're used to from LE - no way around using the CK, NIF Optimizer and if you want to port animations, which you can, you need the batch to easily convert those havok files, too) than Neovalen's, which is the most taxing in time (and probably the one that will push a beginning user's modding skills the furthest).

On a side note and as a personal opinion, methinks it might be easier for both Lexy and the people who do their own modding, while still relying on the guide as a backbone, if CR were handled in a more modular way and relied on the final CR merge to wrap it all up. The final merge could still be provided especially for users who build everything exactly as the guide says, but probably wouldn't even be necessary as by then people should be handling merging mods rather easily. If, that is, all the patches don't conflict within themselves. Otherwise, smash'em and xedit'em LOL This is the perfectionist's paradise.

well, basically I am not going to provide a 1000 and 1 patches for everything I just don't have the time for patience for that. My advice and goes for everyone if there is one tool you learn how is use is xEdit that way you can do what you want.

This an advanced guide so I expect users to know certain things. and I won't be spoon feeding everything. I did toy with the Idea of providing a CR Sub guide but both me a Darth gave up on that ages ago cos it was a pain in the arse to maintain. Darth would spend all day updating his CR Sub guide on LE and after those days he was so grumpy he was unbearable. so for my sanity and his I put my foot down.

I provide patches and instructions on to clean if you don't use a certain mod that are masters of the patches I provide this should be enough. Would modular patches with a Guide on how there were created be nice yes am I going to do it Hell no.

• +1 1

Another Question. I've got the game up and running, have explored around and everything seems to be running okay. Really liked spawning dragons in KS, event though they killed me every time, lol.Much more fearsome than the ones I've seen on Youtube playthroughs. I know I'm going to have to get some levels before I take any of them on. So, I'm on the page The Big Push Toward the End, and I cannot get the Pre Smash Patch to wori as per instructions.I go into Bash Patch and everything seems to be going fine.I get my unchecked mods to the top using Mod Index. I hold down control and check all the mods, then hit Priority, and all my mods reorder. But there is no block to drag down to the bottom for the merge. What am I doing wrong? Are there more detailed instructions somewhere?

Another Question. I've got the game up and running, have explored around and everything seems to be running okay. Really liked spawning dragons in KS, event though they killed me every time, lol.Much more fearsome than the ones I've seen on Youtube playthroughs. I know I'm going to have to get some levels before I take any of them on. So, I'm on the page The Big Push Toward the End, and I cannot get the Pre Smash Patch to wori as per instructions.I go into Bash Patch and everything seems to be going fine.I get my unchecked mods to the top using Mod Index. I hold down control and check all the mods, then hit Priority, and all my mods reorder. But there is no block to drag down to the bottom for the merge. What am I doing wrong? Are there more detailed instructions somewhere?

Right pane (plugin list) is usually ordered by priority, by default, unless one needs to find a plugin in which case you temporarily shift to alphabetical. In the pre-smashed patch you can have your list in priority order prior to selecting the disabled plugins. Ctrl+click (selecting) every disabled plugin and then dragging any of them works for me all the time, it just block-drags the lot to wherever you want (should be the bottom of the load order if merging).

Other issues to resolve.

1) Missing/Scrambled Meshes for Trophy Heads in Jars LOTD Collection.

2) iHUD not registered in MCM, seems to function other wise. but have no control over it.

3) a Matter of Time Not registered in MCM.

4) Ask Inn Keepers to show room SE not functioning/no option available in chat menu.

5) Simple Automatic unequip Arrow Not Functioning.

my only idea would be to remove them from their associated merges, rebuild the Merges, and possibly Smash patch.

EDIT: been checking things out. here's my updated Problem list. going to be working on it now. will let you know what comes of it.

I am going to be rebuilding the merges, pre-smash, and Smash patches first though.

1. FISSES – Not registered in MCM/Not functioning in game.
  2. iHud - Not registered in MCM/Seems to function otherwise but w/o control.
  3. CLARLUX - Not registered in MCM
  4. Ask Innkeepers to show room – Not functioning in game.
  5. Simple auto un-equip arrows – Not Functioning in game.
  6. Convenient Horses – Not Functioning in game.
  7. Cannot set Hot keys for any mod in MCM menu.
  8. A Matter of Time – Not registered in MCM/Not Functioning.
  9. All argonian eye color option’s are missing except green.
  10. Vilkas Kills you during training for companions, in training yard.

EDIT: been checking things out. here's my updated Problem list. going to be working on it now. will let you know what comes of it.

I am going to be rebuilding the merges, pre-smash, and Smash patches first though.

Might try reinstalling SKSE scripts and binaries. Check if it's the latest version. Maybe also try reinstalling SkyUI. Also, if using Windows 10, check if your dll's aren't being blocked by the OS. I read about a problem where Windows blocks certain downloaded executables from running and the way to fix this, but didn't need it myself and I can't find it now... Claralux doesn't have MCM and Convenient Horses, if I recall, doesn't fire right out of the box, it takes a while for a quest to start where you gradually unlock its functionality.

Might try reinstalling SKSE scripts and binaries. Check if it's the latest version. Maybe also try reinstalling SkyUI. Also, if using Windows 10, check if your dll's aren't being blocked by the OS. I read about a problem where Windows blocks certain downloaded executables from running and the way to fix this, but didn't need it myself and I can't find it now... Claralux doesn't have MCM and Convenient Horses, if I recall, doesn't fire right out of the box, it takes a while for a quest to start where you gradually unlock its functionality.

@BlackJackal  Might I suggest *cringe*, now that you have a better idea of what you are doing, that you scrap everything and start from scratch.  Yes it is a pain, but we have all done it many times and you have the worst part (downloading all the files) already done.  Secondly; don't worry about Convenient Horses, Lexy is going to be replacing it in her next update.

Actually, CLARLUX doesn't have an MCM in SEE. From the Mod page: 

• Q: How do I configure my lights? There is no book or spell and SSE doesn't have MCM!
  • A: The CLARALUX Testing Facility can be found near the exit of Riverwood towards Whiterun.

Also, iHud has the name Immersive Hud in the MCM, so maybe you didn't notice it, happened to me too at first.

FISSES - I don't really understand what it does, so I have no idea if it works or not for me.

Edited by dreamer1986

Convenient Horses, if I recall, doesn't fire right out of the box, it takes a while for a quest to start where you gradually unlock its functionality.

If I remeberright Convenient Horses only starts running now after a nights sleep

Yeah it's weird that a lot of those MCM's aren't working. I don't personally use any of those mods? but are you sure the .bsa's / loose files are active?

Maybe check MO's ARCHIVE tab to see if the .bsa's are checked. This won't matter if they are loose files though. If they are loose, are they active in MO's left pane?

yeah to me it sounds like you either didn't extract the BSAs or you did but didn't have "copy General Assets" ticked when you ran Merge Plugins.