Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy thanks for the response. Just to clarify: even if i update mods which the great equalizer, zpatch, presmash and smash enabled as masters, there is generally no need to rebuild them as long as my load order remains the same?

in that case you should but techncially you shouldn't be updating your mod list once to start actaully playing the game. Golden Rule once you start playing stop modding otherwise you'll never play the game.

• +1 1

I missed the latest NPC Retexture Merge update to v1.03.  :down:  

... and after I started working on the Pre Smash Patch again, I looked at Merge Plugin settings to uncheck Copy General Assets and realized that I was going to be rebuilding ALL my merges:  at some point the handle script fragments had been reset to Unchecked, and since I had no way of telling which merges had the incorrect setting applied to them, I rebuilt all of them.  :wallbash:

Edited by Decopauge123

... and after I started working on the Pre Smash Patch again, I looked at Merge Plugin settings to uncheck Copy General Assets and realized that I was going to be rebuilding ALL my merges:  at some point the handle script fragments had been reset to Unchecked, and since I had no way of telling which merges had the incorrect setting applied to them, I rebuilt all of them.  :wallbash:

this why I recommended creating a seperate profile just for the Pre SMASH Patch in Megre Plugins so when you build the Pre SMASH Patch Copy General assets is unchecked.

Well, an alternative to ENB would be a Reshade alone, but I am not familiar with them.  You could google Skyrim SE Reshades and see what pops up.  Seriously though, and this is coming from someone who plays with ENB on, you don't really need an ENB at all.  Skyrim SE looks pretty good alone and realistically are only for aesthetics and screen archery (not to mention saving you anywhere from 5-20 fps by not using one).

One alternative I just thought of is Rustic Weathers and Lighting, it is compatible with lighting mods, the Darker Nights, True Storms (with a patch), and Lightning during Thunderstorms (Minty Lightning) mods.  The author recommends two ENB's (not required) and she also provides an optional download that provides four different presets for non-ENB users.  Rustic Weathers is very similar to Vivid Weathers is lighter graphic load wise and imho looks just as good if not better than Vivid Weathers.   Check it out!

I'll definitely check both of those out. I guess I'm just used to LE, vs SE, where it seemed ENB always had a pretty substantial impact on lighting, shadows, and not just aesthetics but also remedying problems/sub-par features. But if SE doesn't need quite that much... attention, it's fine by me. I'm not married to using an ENB, it's just sort of expected in the guide and I figured it was necessary to fully complement and enhance the choices therein. I've made plenty of other changes in my implementation so far (I don't obediently adhere 100% to STEP or SRLE), will just need to update my personal changelog a little bit more tonight! (Also to be blunt, I did not anticipate the level of ****ery I dealt with the other night!) TY for the suggestions!

(P.S. re: the girl power, I've been here forever but my executive function waxes and wanes so I'm not a very good contributor :;): I try to make up for it by donating :angel:)

DarkladyLexy, there's a duplicate entry in the 16/05/18 Change Log.

• Main Guide - Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks Section - SKELETON - Now Pointing to SSE Nexus Page
  • Main Guide - Vanilla Item Retextures and Tweaks Section - SKELETON - Now Pointing to SSE Nexus Page

this why I recommended creating a seperate profile just for the Pre SMASH Patch in Megre Plugins so when you build the Pre SMASH Patch Copy General assets is unchecked.

A excellent recommendation!  :cool: :thumbsup:

All required esp's from the NPC Retexture have been merged into a single esp and conflict resolved by me and provided on my Nexus Page. If you decide not to use ALL the NPC retextures you will need to create your own merge and deal with any conflicts yourself.

I ended up not using any of them. I didn't want all the people to look like teenage girls, or install mods for just a few people. I HAD installed WICO (carefully following the instructions), but I'd decided to try the vanilla opening since I'd had a CTD there and Ralof looked like someone had smeared mud down his face. (Everyone else looked fine.) Then I opened in the Bannered Mare, went outside, and Nazeem's face was black. I don't mean anything ethnic, I mean BLACK, just eyes and teeth, he was terrifying. And he had a Caucasian body...

Now that I have Vitruvia and Pride of Valhalla installed, everyone looks pretty good anyway. (Although I tried multiple times and couldn't get that Version of Vitruvia to install, MO2 wouldn't recognize it, so I had to use... the other one... LOL) I did add Consistent Older People, though. I've always liked that one.

Is there a reason we're not using XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.31? Or Campfire and Frostfall? I was looking at the page last night and they seem SSE-ready.

in that case you should but techncially you shouldn't be updating your mod list once to start actaully playing the game. Golden Rule once you start playing stop modding otherwise you'll never play the game.

Well said hahahahaha

Damn right!  RULE NUMERO UNO:  Once you start PLAYING a character: STOP MODDING!  You can have an empty profile of this load order with nothing activated and update it there. That way you can play and update at the same time.

Damn right!  RULE NUMERO UNO:  Once you start PLAYING a character: STOP MODDING!  You can have an empty profile of this load order with nothing activated and update it there. That way you can play and update at the same time.

I'm looking forward to a time when I can actually start playing the game. LOL

I ended up not using any of them. I didn't want all the people to look like teenage girls, or install mods for just a few people. I HAD installed WICO (carefully following the instructions), but I'd decided to try the vanilla opening since I'd had a CTD there and Ralof looked like someone had smeared mud down his face. (Everyone else looked fine.) Then I opened in the Bannered Mare, went outside, and Nazeem's face was black. I don't mean anything ethnic, I mean BLACK, just eyes and teeth, he was terrifying. And he had a Caucasian body...

Now that I have Vitruvia and Pride of Valhalla installed, everyone looks pretty good anyway. (Although I tried multiple times and couldn't get that Version of Vitruvia to install, MO2 wouldn't recognize it, so I had to use... the other one... LOL) I did add Consistent Older People, though. I've always liked that one.

Is there a reason we're not using XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.31? Or Campfire and Frostfall? I was looking at the page last night and they seem SSE-ready.

I am waiting for Chesko to do his thing. XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.31 had issue with RaceMenu (Unless that has now been fixed not look at it in awhile).

nine times out of ten black face bugs are cause by either wrong load order or the facegen data not been generated.

I'll definitely check both of those out. I guess I'm just used to LE, vs SE, where it seemed ENB always had a pretty substantial impact on lighting, shadows, and not just aesthetics but also remedying problems/sub-par features. But if SE doesn't need quite that much... attention, it's fine by me. I'm not married to using an ENB, it's just sort of expected in the guide and I figured it was necessary to fully complement and enhance the choices therein. I've made plenty of other changes in my implementation so far (I don't obediently adhere 100% to STEP or SRLE), will just need to update my personal changelog a little bit more tonight! (Also to be blunt, I did not anticipate the level of ****ery I dealt with the other night!) TY for the suggestions!

(P.S. re: the girl power, I've been here forever but my executive function waxes and wanes so I'm not a very good contributor :;): I try to make up for it by donating :angel:)

With Boris' latest release of ENB .343 (Subsurface Scattering addition) Skyrim SE just caught up with LE.  He hasn't perfected it yet and there are some issues with it but he IS working on it.

"(I don't obediently adhere 100% to STEP or SRLE)"  Ha Ha Ha, I don't either, I'm an old pervert I have to have my SOS Lite and Flower Girls.

"(P.S. re: the girl power, I've been here forever but my executive function waxes and wanes so I'm not a very good contributor :;): I try to make up for it by donating :angel:)"

I'm just glad to see lady gamers in here.  I turned my daughter into one and she is better at Skyrim than I am.  She is a console peasant however (just joking about the console peasant part).  Lurk away but please grace us with your presence once and awhile ::):

Edited by Kneph13

I am waiting for Chesko to do his thing. XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.31 had issue with RaceMenu (Unless that has now been fixed not look at it in awhile)

Racemenu is available? Where? Am I totally missing it in the guide? Or do you mean the standard boring race menu that comes with SSE?

I miss the ability to change colors (I ended up downloading something called Realistic Hair Colors that helped a little) and to export the settings especially. Not only did it make it easy to start a new game with the same character, that's how I used to make NPCs. Since I was getting more CTDs on fresh starts, I kept deleting my saves and I accidentally deleted a character I'd actually worked on for a while. I think I'm happier with the redo, though. I wish I could find a mod to put dirt on the bodies as well.

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/Saelina.jpg

Poor thing isn't doing well at the moment...

That's the rough version of ApachiiSkyHair, btw, if anyone cares. I love a lot of the KS Hairdos, but they all looked so shiny. I found a mod to make them look rougher, but it wasn't nearly as huge of a difference. Oh, and the eyes are Natural Eyes SSE. I'd used that before and the other one WAY overwhelmed me with choices. And I may be wrong, but I don't remember it having the red-from-crying-or-allergies eyes. (I think she's allergic to being fried by dragons.)

~SNIP~

What DarkladyLexy said.  The latest version of XP32 has issues with Race Menu but I believe the author is working on it. 

Campfire and Frostfall (mostly Frostfall) have issues in SE.  The main one is that the correct warmth settings on clothing and armor don't transfer properly.  There is a fix for it on Reddit if you just have to have it.

I am using Hypothermia Plus/Hypothermia and Camping Lite for SE at the moment also with that providers port of a working "Real Shelter" (Second Sticky Post).  That is also on the Hypothermia Plus Nexus page.  Hypothermia is not as in your face as Frostfall and It suits me more (I kind of like it better than Frostfall).

"(I don't obediently adhere 100% to STEP or SRLE)"  Ha Ha Ha, I don't either, I'm an old pervert I have to have my SOS Lite and Flower Girls.

LOL I am so glad you said that. My last character in SLE was a, ahem, working girl when she started out.

I am using Hypothermia Plus/Hypothermia and Camping Lite for SE at the moment also with that providers port of a working "Real Shelter" (Second Sticky Post).  That is also on the Hypothermia Plus Nexus page.  Hypothermia is not as in your face as Frostfall and It suits me more (I kind of like it better than Frostfall).

I'll check it out, but IDK. I've been using Frostfall pretty much since day one of modding years ago. I'd feel like I was cheating on Chesko!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!