Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Probably a dumb question, but the dumb ones are never asked.  Was copying my Skyrim SE .ini files and noticed that there is a fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance= under both Skyrim.ini (7000) and SkyrimPrefs.ini (which we change to 18000 under Prerequistite Page Tweaks).  Is it supposed to be like that or is it a misplaced entry?

So, does anyone know of any ENB alternatives (tbh if you just have an answer to that would be helpful...) thaaat would work with what's in the guide? I know Oldrim had all kinds of wacky graphics enhancers, I never used any of them though since ENB always worked well.

You could try Natural View Tamriel by the same author who did Skyrim SE Reengaged + Reshade, Phoenix (which Lexy uses) or The Truth (works with Night Eye and is updated to latest enb binaries but is older)

On another note don't be like me. Backup your little SSD, it will die eventually.

My Samsung 840 Evo lasted 3 years and 8 months, everything is gone and I'll have to start from scratch

:cry:  Nooooo!  Run Away!  That totally sucks

Edited by Kneph13

You could try Natural View Tamriel by the same author who did Skyrim SE Reengaged + Reshade, Phoenix (which Lexy uses) or The Truth (works with Night Eye and is updated to latest enb binaries but is older)

:cry:  Nooooo!  Run Away!  That totally sucks

Lesson learned... Shor's bones and Jupiter's cock, it was almost harder to watch Spartacus again while I was waiting for a new disk.

Thought have been struck from mind ::P: 

Yeah there's a tool or two out there that can check the health of your drives. You should definitely do it every 6 months or so.

Also for Skyrim modding the insane amount of downloading and writing (hello 1 million runs of dyndolod) will take it's toll.

I have my downloads folder for both windows & mod organiser going to a HDD

Lesson learned... Shor's bones and Jupiter's cock, it was almost harder to watch Spartacus again while I was waiting for a new disk.

Thought have been struck from mind ::P:

Skyrim and Spartacus, day-umm, give me a New Belgium Abbey Ale!

Yeah there's a tool or two out there that can check the health of your drives. You should definitely do it every 6 months or so.

Also for Skyrim modding the insane amount of downloading and writing (hello 1 million runs of dyndolod) will take it's toll.

I have my downloads folder for both windows & mod organiser going to a HDD

Same Here, downloads folders are on a HDD.  The mods folder however is on dat gaming drive.  Takes a drink of ale and googles  SSD drive checkers~!

Pretty sure if you're not using all the NPC retextures then you'd need to keep the .esp for each one you do use. But bear in mind that the mods you choose may conflict with one another, so might have to experiment with load order a bit to get the look you want for all NPCs. The combined .esp has removed conflicts and chosen a single look for each NPC from those available.

Is there somewhere I can get the patches individually, or do I not need them?

I'm having a few more problems. The first, I'm using LAL and starting at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. First, downstairs is orange. I mean really REALLY orange. I'm assuming that's the EMB? If so, which files can I disable?

The bigger problem is that when I test (a new game each time), I leave the room, go downstairs, exit, talk to a few people on the street, then go into Belethor's shop. I'd get a CTD right after the load screen. So I disabled DynDOLOD since it said it wasn't set up until the end and HD LODs below that because it seemed to be related. I thought that was a DUH moment, because trying it after that, I can go into Belethor's shop, but then I try going into Arcadia's Cauldron and get a CTD there. So I went back to the vanilla profile, added LAL, and everything worked fine. I ran into every shop in Whiterun, outside, back in, it ran great. Any idea what mod could be causing this? I disabled every mod from the "Trees, Flora, and Grass" section all the way down and it's still happening.

I had been testing after every section, making sure to run LOOT and disabling any esps with missing masters. But apparently I was neglecting to go into shops, I was just running out and skipping around the fields for a while. Modding this has been seriously exhausting (nothing personal, I'm sick, everything is exhausting). I just wanted to ask if anyone has any idea what it could be before I disable everything and start over with testing.

Finally, even when I ran the non-cleaned vanilla version, there's still one problem. Everything and everyone is blurry until I get really close. Like, I'd say five feet away? I'm pretty sure my default Nord doesn't need glasses, I'm sure that's a setting somewhere. Any idea which one?

This is all because one of the people I'm talking to during testing is Nazeem, isn't it?

Lassin,

Thank you very much for your timely reply.  I'm very appreciative of your efforts to help me.  I watched 5 or 6 videos on using tes5edit and I found Gamerpoet's to be the most comprehensive yet, Gopher's OCD answered my specific question of where to find the files being referenced.  (He stated in the video that he just liked to open these files to watch them out of control issues.)  

Open SSEEdit and load only Dawnguard.esm
Once loaded Left click and open CELL > Block 5 > Sub-Block 3 > select 00016BCF. Scroll down the view window on the right to find XEZN subrecord referring to RiftenRatwayZone [ECZN:0009FBB9]. Right click and select Remove.

I have located the  referenced cells and subrecords now yet, I right click on the subrecord ECZN:0009FBB9 and I can not find any pull down menu item that gives me the ability to remove the subrecord as instructed.  Has anyone else had this problem or is there something very basic that I'm just too new to see?

Edited by Anyavaya

Is there somewhere I can get the patches individually, or do I not need them?

I'm having a few more problems. The first, I'm using LAL and starting at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun. First, downstairs is orange. I mean really REALLY orange. I'm assuming that's the EMB? If so, which files can I disable?

The bigger problem is that when I test (a new game each time), I leave the room, go downstairs, exit, talk to a few people on the street, then go into Belethor's shop. I'd get a CTD right after the load screen. So I disabled DynDOLOD since it said it wasn't set up until the end and HD LODs below that because it seemed to be related. I thought that was a DUH moment, because trying it after that, I can go into Belethor's shop, but then I try going into Arcadia's Cauldron and get a CTD there. So I went back to the vanilla profile, added LAL, and everything worked fine. I ran into every shop in Whiterun, outside, back in, it ran great. Any idea what mod could be causing this? I disabled every mod from the "Trees, Flora, and Grass" section all the way down and it's still happening.

I had been testing after every section, making sure to run LOOT and disabling any esps with missing masters. But apparently I was neglecting to go into shops, I was just running out and skipping around the fields for a while. Modding this has been seriously exhausting (nothing personal, I'm sick, everything is exhausting). I just wanted to ask if anyone has any idea what it could be before I disable everything and start over with testing.

Finally, even when I ran the non-cleaned vanilla version, there's still one problem. Everything and everyone is blurry until I get really close. Like, I'd say five feet away? I'm pretty sure my default Nord doesn't need glasses, I'm sure that's a setting somewhere. Any idea which one?

This is all because one of the people I'm talking to during testing is Nazeem, isn't it?

if you are arn't using my provided NPC Retexture Merge and CR you need to do it yourself.

well if your still CTDing it is higher up your load order.

for the blur you could turn off dof set EnableDepthOfField=false in the enbseries.ini also make sure the DOF is turn off in the main ini files as well.

Lassin,

Thank you very much for your timely reply.  I'm very appreciative of your efforts to help me.  I watched 5 or 6 videos on using tes5edit and I found Gamerpoet's to be the most comprehensive yet, Gopher's OCD answered my specific question of where to find the files being referenced.  (He stated in the video that he just liked to open these files to watch them out of control issues.)  

I have located the  referenced cells and subrecords now yet, I right click on the subrecord ECZN:0009FBB9 and I can not find any pull down menu item that gives me the ability to remove the subrecord as instructed.  Has anyone else had this problem or is there something very basic that I'm just too new to see?

you need to right clcik on the record as select "remove"

AHA, The light bulb turned on!!!  One needs to scroll completely to the right of the subrecord and click THERE to enable the correct menu to appear when right clicking!  My particular problem was I was attempting to right click on the left  cell of the subrecord's entry.

Edited by Anyavaya

I'm working on building the Pre Smash Patch Merge.  This is the list of mods Wrye Bash marked as merge candidates, and are sitting at the bottom of the right pane in MO2 in my Pre Smash Patch profile.

MergePlugins is complaining that NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution SSE.esp has errors.  All other listed  mods are error-free and in the Pre Smash Patch Merge.

Do I clean NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution SSE.esp, or exclude it from the Pre Smash Patch Merge?

Edited by Decopauge123

and again another noob question from me...  

The instructions are as follows:

Into the newly created Cleaned Vanilla ESMs Inside MO2/Mods folder.

Once you have cleaned and created a mod from the Cleaned ESM' you can restore the original UNCLEANED ones backed earlier to the DATA folder.

This preserves an absolutely clean Skyrim/Data directory and also allows our modded profile to run with the modified, cleaned vanilla ESM files. To finish up the cleaning, perform the following:

* Start Mod Organizer.
* Verify the "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" profile is the currently selected.
* Drag the newly created mod "Cleaned Vanilla ESMs" Above the "SKSE Scripts" mods in the left pane and activate it by checking the box.

After cleaning and backing up all of the referenced files, Mod Organizer is not recognizing them as a mod when I navigate to the specified newly created folder in my mod organizer 2 file directory.  I am also having trouble getting mod organizer 2 to recognize some other mods that I have used in previous run throughs as mods when I download them.  I am obviously doing something incorrectly yet, I have followed all of the instructions so far.  

I downloaded these other mods as part of completing the mod organizer tutorial and couldn't complete it as MO2 wouldn't recognize them as mods.  

I'm working on building the Pre Smash Patch Merge.  This is the list of mods Wrye Bash marked as merge candidates, and are sitting at the bottom of the right pane in MO2 in my Pre Smash Patch profile.

MergePlugins is complaining that NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution SSE.esp has errors.  All other listed  mods are error-free and in the Pre Smash Patch Merge.

Do I clean NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution SSE.esp, or exclude it from the Pre Smash Patch Merge?

What is is complaining about? do you have the latest NPC Merge and NPC CR?

and again another noob question from me...  

The instructions are as follows:

Into the newly created Cleaned Vanilla ESMs Inside MO2/Mods folder.

Once you have cleaned and created a mod from the Cleaned ESM' you can restore the original UNCLEANED ones backed earlier to the DATA folder.

This preserves an absolutely clean Skyrim/Data directory and also allows our modded profile to run with the modified, cleaned vanilla ESM files. To finish up the cleaning, perform the following:

* Start Mod Organizer.

* Verify the "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" profile is the currently selected.

* Drag the newly created mod "Cleaned Vanilla ESMs" Above the "SKSE Scripts" mods in the left pane and activate it by checking the box.

After cleaning and backing up all of the referenced files, Mod Organizer is not recognizing them as a mod when I navigate to the specified newly created folder in my mod organizer 2 file directory.  I am also having trouble getting mod organizer 2 to recognize some other mods that I have used in previous run throughs as mods when I download them.  I am obviously doing something incorrectly yet, I have followed all of the instructions so far.  

I downloaded these other mods as part of completing the mod organizer tutorial and couldn't complete it as MO2 wouldn't recognize them as mods.  

did did place the flies into a folder called cleaned vanilla ESM didn't you?

if you are arn't using my provided NPC Retexture Merge and CR you need to do it yourself.

well if your still CTDing it is higher up your load order.

for the blur you could turn off dof set EnableDepthOfField=false in the enbseries.ini also make sure the DOF is turn off in the main ini files as well.

you need to right clcik on the record as select "remove"

But I only need to create those if I have conflicts, right?

I found the problem. It was Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE). I disabled that, no more ORANGE downstairs at the inn, no more CTDs. I even enabled DynDOLOD Resources and HD LODs Textures, did a lot of testing, and those are still fine. Well, a couple of the walls in Whiterun have a kind of pink hue and the ground at Helgen (vanilla quest chosen from LAL) looks really wet, but unless you know that's being caused by a specific setting, I'll worry about that when I get farther down the list, these might be fixed.

By the way, so I set EnableDepthOfField=true again in enbseries.ini, but the closest setting I found in the ini files was in skyrimprefs.ini, where I reset bDoDepthOfField=1. But I see SO many DOF settings. What can I change to set the distance? I don't mind it overall, it looks great if I'm looking off into the distance, but I'd like to change whatever the setting(s) is/are so that if I'm standing on the steps of the Bannered Mare, it maybe starts getting blurry past the market square.

One more question, I see some settings in these files about sparkle. What does that control? Some of the images on the load screen sparkle. It's most noticeable on the dragon, where it does it on all of the tips of scales and such. I remember having that problem in SkyrimLE when I was modding and I had to turn one of the settings to lower quality, but I'm wondering if the real problem is something else.

Thank you for the help with all of these questions. You have the patience of a saint!

EDIT: Don't feel a need to answer this immediately, you have enough to do! These are minor things, so far, I don't have any more major things to troubleshoot. (Yea!!!)

Edited by OCDCoder