Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Take a look at the Legend to see it in-place.

It was actually the legend that confused me. I wasn't sure if there was an implied "you have to" in there since it gives instructions a bit later on how to do it.

I did just realize that I need to go back and run the mods I converted using the CK through SSEEdit. Oops.

2. Just to make sure I have this perfectly clear (still under-caffeinated BUT I just now made more tea), I do NOT have extract BSAs turned on in MO, but for any that are marked "BSA Extracted," I still just install as normal and don't have to do anything else?

For any that are marked "BSA Extracted", you need to go and turn on BSA Extraction in MO before you install them, then when you get the popup that asks if you want to extract the BSA, say yes.

You can then either go back in and turn BSA Extraction back off (the cautious method) or leave it switched on but make sure you always say "No" when you install any further mods, *except* for those marked "BSA Extracted" (the efficient method.) Just make sure if you choose the latter to never, ever select the "always use this option" checkbox!

For any that are marked "BSA Extracted", you need to go and turn on BSA Extraction in MO before you install them, then when you get the popup that asks if you want to extract the BSA, say yes.

Ok, so we do turn that option on for those files, but we don't have to manually delete the BSAs, they are deleted automatically? Maybe it would have been clearer to me if in "A Note On Extracting BSA's" it said something like, "Whenever you see this tag..." (Apparently I needed a bit more idiot proofing in that part.)

I decided to just keep going while these big files download and stick them where they go when they're done. Just got to cleaning the Undeath files. I'm going to need a lot more caffeine... I don't suppose anyone has done this already and uploaded them somewhere?

@OCDCoder: I too dislike the term Oldrim. The name Skyrim LE (for Legendary Edition) is commonly used, and is nicer imho. The term Oldrim feels like a slur on a game that for all its flaws is still very much relevant if only because there are so very many more mods for it than SE. SE is catching up, as this guide demonstrates, but it has a long way to go yet before we should be consigning LE to the museum. *end of rant*

As for being fun when you are done... remind me again what the definition of 'done' is. But in all seriousness, yes, of course this mod list is intended to be fun when it is done - whatever 'done' may look like. Even if like me you've spent thousands of hours playing Skyrim already, there should be plenty of new experiences to be had. And, btw, it will be 'fun' just staying alive in the early levels. I've been killed by a humble skeever more than once. Take my advice and get yourself at least one good follower asap if you want to survive!

@OCDCoder: I too dislike the term Oldrim. The name Skyrim LE (for Legendary Edition) is commonly used, and is nicer imho. The term Oldrim feels like a slur on a game that for all its flaws is still very much relevant if only because there are so very many more mods for it than SE. SE is catching up, as this guide demonstrates, but it has a long way to go yet before we should be consigning LE to the museum. *end of rant*

I've actually been playing Skyrim LE on my PS3 recently, all the bugs, none of the mods. It's been an interesting experience because I'd played it so much years back on PC (after playing it obsessively for ages on the PS3) and had it so heavily modded with other things to do that it's been ages since I've done any of the standard quests.

That got me to thinking about what mods I'd most want to have on the PS3 if I had a choice. It's still fun without the graphics mods, I can eat, sleep, and dress as warmly as possible (without the cloaks), the lack of the museum just means I don't obsessively collect everything. As much as I love a heavily-modded game, better dialogue, all of that, I realized that while I love all of those mods, I don't NEED them to enjoy the game.

When I really really thought about it, the real game-changers for me besides the bug-patch are two really simple ones: Jaxonz Positioner because OMG I give up on decorating, and Take Notes, because that one allowed me to get really deep into role-playing my last character. I still try to do it in my head, but without an in-game way to write down her thoughts, I often realize I'm just mindlessly doing stuff to mark quests off the list or raise her level.

Any chance those could be added to this guide? (And just for a bit more completion, Jaxonz Renamer and Jaxonz Map Markers?) I know I can add them anyway, but with all of the extra content this guide adds, I really think those add a LOT to the game.

[insert string of curse words here] I just did a huge hardware upgrade (which is why I'm so excited about playing SE!), which required me to upgrade to Win10 (meh). I just went away for about an hour and a half to let some of this stuff download and came back to find I'd forgotten to change the power settings and the machine had gone to sleep 30m in. And the downloads seemed to have hung, so I paused them, and now MO2 is crashing when I try to resume them. So I'm having to delete them and start over. Seriously, this really is going to take a month...

It looks as if this may be fixed in MO 2.1.4 Dev Build 1 available in #builds on the Mod Organizer discord. Just keep in this is a fresh dev build for testing the latest fixes so the usual caveats apply. I think the majority of the dev builds have been pretty good but they come without a warranty.

I have been slowly working through this installation guide over the last week or two. Learned a few new tricks and tweaks along the way, very educational and well thought out guide. However, I have hit a bump. Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE has actually been temporarily taken off nexus for a new update, it has not been withdrawn permanently or anything, so I don't think my request breaches the author's rights. Would anyone be able to dropbox me a copy of the 2.6.1 build to use for this guide? It would be nice to finish up installations tonight.

It looks as if this may be fixed in MO 2.1.4 Dev Build 1 available in #builds on the Mod Organizer discord. Just keep in this is a fresh dev build for testing the latest fixes so the usual caveats apply. I think the majority of the dev builds have been pretty good but they come without a warranty.

Fair enough. And, well, my Bruma download just froze in MO and my manual browser download of the Dragonborn Gallery, I think that's a sign I should stop for the night.

By the way, if someone could confirm, I did just finish those instructions for cleaning the Undeath files, but while the guide says that the "Undeath Immersive Lichdom SSE" also needs to be cleaned, the instructions on the website say to skip steps 3 and 4 if on SSE. Should we do it anyway, or should that note for the Immersive file be removed?

And why do my SSEEdit Backups keep ending up in my overwrite directory? Sigh.

Edited by OCDCoder

anyone getting a glitch where you use an alchemy table or enchanting table and you go from the 3rd pesron animation to first person and get stuck there for 20 or so seconds, and when you leave the table you cant go 3rd person?  I can fix it if I re use the table but its very strange.

May not be anything used in this guide but 98% of mine are based on this guide but there are a few others things i used so figured id throw it out there while i look for fixes

anyone getting a glitch where you use an alchemy table or enchanting table and you go from the 3rd pesron animation to first person and get stuck there for 20 or so seconds, and when you leave the table you cant go 3rd person?  I can fix it if I re use the table but its very strange.

May not be anything used in this guide but 98% of mine are based on this guide but there are a few others things i used so figured id throw it out there while i look for fixes

https://youtu.be/yPOEipFcVhU

video for it

Anyone getting a strange glitch where every few hours of gameplay, save games will fail to load and modded dialogue options and NPCs will fail to work, and when you try to load a game your save games will display SAVE CORRUPT.

It is completely resolved by quitting to desktop and restarting skyrim. But it will happen again in a few hours. Not a big deal but wondering what's the cause for this

Edited by angryteen

Anyone getting a strange glitch where every few hours of gameplay, save games will fail to load and modded dialogue options and NPCs will fail to work, and when you try to load a game your save games will display SAVE CORRUPT.

It is completely resolved by quitting to desktop and restarting skyrim. But it will happen again in a few hours. Not a big deal but wondering what's the cause for this

This has been a random thing in SSE, at first people thought form id 43 mods were causing it but that was debunked, and it's back to pure speculation.

Hey, Guys Guide has been updated check the changelog as there have been quite a few updates over the weekend I am holding fire on adding xLODGEN and SMASH for a day or 2.

This has been a random thing in SSE, at first people thought form id 43 mods were causing it but that was debunked, and it's back to pure speculation.

The new theory is it could be related to string count but SSE appears to be able to self-correct itself when closing this only a theory with little evidence to back up it up yet.

• +1 1

Looks like the update to KS Dragons (1.8) was quite a big one, lots of changes (check out the change log.)

The author strongly recommends doing a clean save if you're upgrading i.e. disable the mod, load the game, save, quit, use Fallrim tools to clean the save, then install the new version and enable it, load up your save, and reconfigure the MCM how you want it.