Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

update.. there is a conflict between forest borealis and alternate start, alternate start adds shoals rest farm north of rorikstead... there are now multiple floating trees in the farmyard.  if anyone else can check it should be a simple issue of deleting said trees through SSEedit. 

I think there will be conflicts with several mods in the area. I'm about to test Gavrostead. The older Great Forest of Whiterun Hold had a good number of patches.

Can you guys tell me if I'm doing correctly: instead of deleting items from the original mod, I copy the record into my CR and edit the z value to something really low, like -20000. That way although you didn't delete the asset, it doesn't show in your game, isn't rendered, probably the only impact it has is in cell loading. If there's a way to make a clean deletion without editing the original plugin, I'd like to know!

update.. there is a conflict between forest borealis and alternate start, alternate start adds shoals rest farm north of rorikstead... there are now multiple floating trees in the farmyard.  if anyone else can check it should be a simple issue of deleting said trees through SSEedit. 

I have not looked at the conflicts for that mod yet but was going to wait until I had finished that section and looked at a merge (that whole section may even be pushed up the install order). What I will probably do is create a sort of Mini CR for the Trees and flora section that way if you don't like what i have done you don't have to fix the big Main CR and if said CR is mergeale all the better.

I've had a busy day so not done any guide stuff today and likely wont tomorrow either as it Darth's dad's Birthday and we are going to see him and his mum who is still in Hospital but should be out soon.

I have not looked at the conflicts for that mod yet but was going to wait until I had finished that section and looked at a merge (that whole section may even be pushed up the install order). What I will probably do is create a sort of Mini CR for the Trees and flora section that way if you don't like what i have done you don't have to fix the big Main CR and if said CR is mergeale all the better.

I've had a busy day so not done any guide stuff today and likely wont tomorrow either as it Darth's dad's Birthday and we are going to see him and his mum who is still in Hospital but should be out soon.

no worries lol take all the tie you need IRL always copmes first best wishes for you guys. and that is great to hear.

Happy Birthday to Darth's Dad, best wishes to everyone, and I'm glad his mother will be out of hospital soon.

I'm currently installing [A Quality World Map] and converting it's .esp from form #43 to form #44, and I wanted to learn more about these forms.  During my search for more information, I found this Redditt topic (Mod Organizer 2 video on Creation Kit & and cleaning of "FORM 43 mods") which pointed me to this YouTube Video (TUCOGUIDE Addon 3 (REUPLOAD) - Creation Kit & and cleaning FORM 43 mods - with ESMify instructions) and this Nexus Special Edition mod (Check old form version).  The mod is a script to be placed in SSEEDit's 'Edit Scripts' sub-directory and used to check your load order for form #43 mods.

The Mod Installation Advice tells modders

Main Files + Updates + Hotfixes Install as one mod. (e.g Merge together in Mod Organizer 2)Optional Files - Install as separate mod in MO2.Miscellaneous files - Install as separate mod in MO2.Patches - Install as separate mod in MO2.

'NSM - SMIM Patch-45807-4-5-0.7z' is listed as an Update file for [Noble Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition Full Version].  I installed it as a separate file instead of merging it with the main file because it's a patch and the meshes in it were optimized using SSE Nif Optimize.

Should I have re-archived the modified mod and merged it into the main mod in MO2 since it is an update?

Edited by Decopauge123

In the main Guide, the file download instructions for [Fences of Skyrim - No more flickering fences] read

Files to download :

• OPTIONAL FILES - Fences of Skyrim - Weathered Edition 2K
  • MISCELLANEOUS - Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes

Looking at the Mod's Files tab, it's obvious the instructions refer to the first Miscellaneous mod 'Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes', but if a modder looks at the archive file names, they see 'Compatibility Patch for Vivid Landscapes - Orc and Farmhouses-5664-2-0.zip'.

The Mod Installation Advice tells modders

Main Files + Updates + Hotfixes Install as one mod. (e.g Merge together in Mod Organizer 2)Optional Files - Install as separate mod in MO2.Miscellaneous files - Install as separate mod in MO2.Patches - Install as separate mod in MO2.

'NSM - SMIM Patch-45807-4-5-0.7z' is listed as an Update file for [Noble Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition Full Version].  I installed it as a separate file instead of merging it with the main file because it's a patch and the meshes in it were optimized using SSE Nif Optimize.

Should I have re-archived the modified mod and merged it into the main mod in MO2 since it is an update?

that is up to you personally if it was me i would leave it as it's own mod and let such override in MO2. The mod installation advice is just that advice if you want every download to be it's own mod you can do that and if you decided to merge everything in MO2 you can do that also dealers choice.