Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy hi! Mandalay is referring to the instruction to remove: ELFX;

Special Installation: After installation, remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• meshes/architecture/windhelm/whlanddead2.nif (Better Dynamic Snow already includes these changes and more.). Yesterday when i installed this mod, under meshes there are no whlanddead2.nif's when installed, i just ignored the instruction, but for clarity it needs to be removed....keep up the brilliant work, best regards

I see yes you correct that is a copy and paste error from the Classic guide I will remove that.

I know your a very busy lass, but do you think Palaces and Castles enhanced by SetteLisette could be added to the guide: if you may be adding in any town mods, this would be a wonderful addition to the slightly bland interiors and the support mods(patches) can be merged...at lest they are on Oldrim.....your call just a suggestion

I know your a very busy lass, but do you think Palaces and Castles enhanced by SetteLisette could be added to the guide: if you may be adding in any town mods, this would be a wonderful addition to the slightly bland interiors and the support mods(patches) can be merged...at lest they are on Oldrim.....your call just a suggestion

Yes this is on my list to look at list the only thing that concerns me is ICAIO compatibility and the scary amount of conflicts it could have. Also need to work where best to put it in the guide

There is a patch to work with ICAIO, and as long as the load order followed as stated by Settelisette, i don't have any issues with it on the old game. Issues with SFCO(snazzy) have been addressed with her patch on latest version as well as with LOTD. Personally i have it load before LOTD in left pane so that LOTD overwrites an issue (texture issue)with the bed in safe house of LOTD, but again has been addressed. In terms of right pane PCE after LAL, before ICAIO(between them) and merged patches(providing the merged patch is laided out in right order) after LOTD Merged patch, before ELE_legendary patch......BUT THIS is on oldrim. Anyway cross that bridge when and if you come to it...long way still to go lol

Hello (sorry for my English)

A funny thing happens.

As a player since first year of skyrim, i had since three years now the SRLE guide installed on one of my computers. So i decided to prepare installing your guide when it will be finished to move to SSE with LOTD. (and rigmor too)

Just to prepare the installation i did the prerequiste part of your guide with also the 4-5 first mods. Just to have your first step ready for future.

i have an issue that is really strange. I'm used to MO2 as i have other skyrim SSE installation on others computers with a lot of mods, SKSE activated, all managed by MO.

the fact is that, by using strictly all your instructions, no mods are  used when launching SSE by the way of SKSE within MO. But if i launch SSE by using the Skyrim launch, again from MO, mods are used by the engine.

if i check the SKSE launch, SKSEis active (getskseversion) but seems not seeing the few mods installed (the first visual one, spinning logo for example)

So i wiped everything , uninstall again everything and restart the prerequisite parts from scratch and just added one mods using SKSE. Checked each step one by one to be sure. Same result.

Of course this issue seems not guide related, looks like this O.S. is confusing MO. I'll restart a third try for the prerequisite part this afternoon.

Fournd my issue before a third try

comming from the guide but could be related to my own OS

it is said 

if i delete the space in the directory name. No more issue at all. So simple as that. Relauch MO2, just refresh the internal configuration to be sure that path based on %base_dir% has been modified correctly.

Space was the issue in my case. Don't knwo why but now all mods are seen by MO when launched from SKSE process

Mandalay, please post samples of the path to your MO2 installation: what it is now, and what it was before you removed the space.   What OS is installed on your computer?

I am using Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, OS Build 16299.192.

The path to my MO2 installation is seen below.  The quote marks are used to delineate the path, and are not part of it.

"I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE"

I'm curious as to why removal of the space from the directory name corrected your problem.  I make extensive use of spaces in file and programs names (usually without any issue).

Edited by Decopauge123

Hey guys just so you all know I have tweaked the Configure The Creation Kit Section of the Prerequisites Page I am now recommending that the Creation Kit scripts archive be extracted. If you already have the CK you can just manually extract the archive to the DATA folder.

Please be aware the extraction of the CK scripts will be required when using Merge Plugin Standalone, I will add an idiot check when I get to that point in the guide.

Mandalay, please post samples of the path to your MO2 installation

Very curious issue

It was on my tower 2 so it's still a Windows 7 up to date for that one

Really can't explain what has happened

My first path was the one given by the guide

i spend 4-5 hours to understand the issue without any result. I even wiped everything (any files any Tools any keys) and restarted the first install part with the same issue again

So i remembered one post read a few monthes again where it was said that somtimes MO 2 needs a good hard reset when installed. So i changed the path from "Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE" i rename it to "Mod Organizer_2_LOTD"

Restarted MO2, checked the setting page and, magic, SKSE was able to detect the mods. No explaination. On my computers, there is something MO doesn't like if i use space or "-" in the source directory name.

I asked one friend of me to check on it's own side and for him, no issue at all. So it's not guide related but due to my environment. One precision : if i do the modification back (adding space and -) issue is back. So path will be the first difference bteween my installation and the guide (the other will be the lighting system, perhaps the weather (the new version of vivid seems too bright, i prefer the previous one)  and adding rigmor later)

Edited by Mandalay

Very curious issue

It was on my tower 2 so it's still a Windows 7 up to date for that one

Really can't explain what has happened

My first path was the one given by the guide

i spend 4-5 hours to understand the issue without any result. I even wiped everything (any files any Tools any keys) and restarted the first install part with the same issue again

So i remembered one post read a few monthes again where it was said that somtimes MO 2 needs a good hard reset when installed. So i changed the path and deleted the end of the path

So from "Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE" i rename it to "Mod Organizer_2_LOTD"

Restarted MO2, checked the setting page and, magic, SKSE was able to detect the mods. No explaination. On my computers, there is something MO doesn't like if i use space or "-" in the source directory name.

I asked one friend of me to check on it's own side and for him, no issue at all. So it's not guide related but due to my environment. One precision : if i do the modification back (adding space and -) issue is back. So path will be the first difference bteween my installation and the guide (the other will be the lighting system, perhaps the weather (the new version of vivid seems too bright, i prefer the previous one)  and adding rigmor later)

That is curious.  I haven't seen a post like the one you mention.  I agree that, since the problem returns if you add the space back into the name, the problem is with your environment.  Perhaps a Windows 7 setting related to how paths are read.

In any case, you have a workable solution, and that's a good thing.  ::):

DarkladyLexy, I would like to suggest that information about Nexus Skyrim Special Edition Categories for Mod Organizer 2 be added to the Configuring Mod Organizer 2 section of the Prerequisites.  This is a MO2 'categories.dat' file listing MO2's categories changed to Nexus categories in alphabetical order.  Modders don't need to use this file, but it makes finding a category in MO2's drop-down category menu far easier.

Edited by Decopauge123

DarkladyLexy, I would like to suggest that information about Nexus Skyrim Special Edition Categories for Mod Organizer 2 be added to the Configuring Mod Organizer 2 section of the Prerequisites.  This is a MO2 'categories.dat' file listing MO2's categories changed to Nexus categories in alphabetical order.  Modders don't need to use this file, but it makes finding a category in MO2's drop-down category menu far easier.

I second that.  I use it every time I start new.

Hey guys, I finally managed to press the engine in some noticeable way! Tried this ENB (Phoenix ENB with Reshader - followed its instructions carefully and thoroughly) - I can't believe how immensely improved the graphics seem, compared to my previous setup! It's reshader and its plugins that make all the difference. No more flicker! Great AA! Perfect character and texture details! Look at those sun rays in the fog!

I tweaked saturation to 1.5 in the enbeffects in game because the preset does seem a little bleak - but very much in line with those who prefer hardcore realism. Dolomite weathers and, as you can see, obsidian fogs work very well with this and they also have a preset calibrated for Vivid Weathers.

I lost 15 fps in the process. Nothing unfamiliar to classic Skyrim and this time I believe my graphics are superior to my classic build. Unless I utterly need fps back, I'm keeping this setting! But switching off ENB features will always give some fps back while hopefully keeping that magic Reshader appearence.

https://imgur.com/a/DZRFM

Hey guys, I finally managed to press the engine in some noticeable way! Tried this ENB (Phoenix ENB with Reshader - followed its instructions carefully and thoroughly) - I can't believe how immensely improved the graphics seem, compared to my previous setup! It's reshader and its plugins that make all the difference. No more flicker! Great AA! Perfect character and texture details! Look at those sun rays in the fog!

I tweaked saturation to 1.5 in the enbeffects in game because the preset does seem a little bleak - but very much in line with those who prefer hardcore realism. Dolomite weathers and, as you can see, obsidian fogs work very well with this and they also have a preset calibrated for Vivid Weathers.

I lost 15 fps in the process. Nothing unfamiliar to classic Skyrim and this time I believe my graphics are superior to my classic build. Unless I utterly need fps back, I'm keeping this setting! But switching off ENB features will always give some fps back while hopefully keeping that magic Reshader appearence.

https://imgur.com/a/DZRFM

Very nice!