Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

hey guys i want to get to the bottom of the screen tearing issue but i don't what it could be all i know Vsync is not through the driver is not work properly and even with when it set in the ENBLOCAL or the Games INI file i still get screen tearing.

here is a shot of Nvidia Inspector for our SSE.

https://imgur.com/D12jdOY

Answers on a Postcard to: All work and no play makes Darth a dull boy.

hey guys i want to get to the bottom of the screen tearing issue but i don't what it could be all i know Vsync is not through the driver is not work properly and even with when it set in the ENBLOCAL or the Games INI file i still get screen tearing.

here is a shot of Nvidia Inspector for our SSE.

https://imgur.com/D12jdOY

Answers on a Postcard to: All work and no play makes Darth a dull boy.

I have the exact same settings, and I'm getting screen tearing.

Answers on a Postcard to:  When work is fun, it's not really work.

I have the exact same settings, and I'm getting screen tearing.

Answers on a Postcard to:  When work is fun, it's not really work.

ok just to confirm are you getting tearing with Driver and games Vsync is off and ENB is On and also when Driver and ENB Vsync is off and Games is on? you need to turn off the fps limiter for this test.

haha success :dancingbanana:  I will not be beaten looks like Vsync doesn't work properly in Borderless Windowed Mode In Full mode Vsync works through the driver as expected.

So should we now load the game in full screen mode, vsync disabled in game and enb and enabled in driver, with fps limiter also enabled in driver?

By the way, the only real improvement I'm getting from using ENB is the water surface effects. I disabled bloom because it makes certain some a mess and dof because I don't like the deep blue underwater WALL (no I wouldn't even call it "fog", really it looks like 15-year-old Morrowind). Still the water surface improvement is enough that I'd still use ENB.

Edited by godescalcus

So should we now load the game in full screen mode, vsync disabled in game and enb and enabled in driver, with fps limiter also enabled in driver?

That is what I have now done and the game seems to be behaving the way I expect it to. It probably worked on Classic in Borderless windowed mode cos of OneTweak We need that on SSE.

That is what I have now done and the game seems to be behaving the way I expect it to. It probably worked on Classic in Borderless windowed mode cos of OneTweak We need that on SSE.

So, to make it quick, i change skyrimprefs.ini to show

[Display]
bBorderless=0

bFull Screen=1

And then proceed to change VSync = Force On with NVidia Inspector.

BTW I didn't see it mentioned in the guide that you should make the ini files read-only after latest edits. I am trying and testing a few mods from the Steam Workshop and if I run the loader from steam to download those mods it messes with my ini files. Didn't see if it actually changed anything, but the dates were changed to when I ran the loader, so I think it's better to leave those files read-only and only uncheck if and when you make your own changes.

ok just to confirm are you getting tearing with Driver and games Vsync is off and ENB is On and also when Driver and ENB Vsync is off and Games is on? you need to turn off the fps limiter for this test.

Overcome By Events.

[Display]
bBorderless=0

bFull Screen=1

BTW I didn't see it mentioned in the guide that you should make the ini files read-only after latest edits. I am trying and testing a few mods from the Steam Workshop and if I run the loader from steam to download those mods it messes with my ini files. Didn't see if it actually changed anything, but the dates were changed to when I ran the loader, so I think it's better to leave those files read-only and only uncheck if and when you make your own changes.

Using the settings specified and ENB 'On', I saw no screen tearing in nearly 30 minutes of play in a wide variety of locations indoor and outdoor.

Edited by Decopauge123

While checking the latest 'Change Log' entry against my build, I found these Special instructions for [skyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB]:

Special Installation: Download and extract the archive then do the following:

1. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 1. Default Version (Install 1st always) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  2. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 2. Vivid Weathers Users (Install 2nd)\Quality Version (Good Image) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  3. If running Vysnc through Graphic Driver open the enblocal.ini and change both ForceVSync=true and EnableFPSLimit=true back to false
  4. Open the enbseries.ini file and find [LIGHTSPRITE]
  5. change the IntensityInteriorDay and IntensityInteriorNight from 1.5 to 0.75.

Line #3 refers to the value     ForceVSync     .  The 'enblocal.ini' file on my system does not have a     ForceVSync=     line, but it does have a     EnableVSync=     line.

[Display]
bBorderless=0

bFull Screen=1

Does setting the     Borderless     and     Full Screen     values as indicated apply to the     ForceBorderless     and     ForceBorderlessFullscreen     values in the [WINDOW] section of the enblocal.ini file?

Does setting the     Borderless     and     Full Screen     values as indicated apply to the     ForceBorderless     and     ForceBorderlessFullscreen     values in the [WINDOW] section of the enblocal.ini file?

I don't have those variables set in my enblocal.ini (don't even know if they apply to the ENB version for SSE). I have that file set per the pre-requisites page and didn't replace it with the one from the preset I'm using (NVT). Suppose if the variables aren't set they default to 0?

I don't have those variables set in my enblocal.ini (don't even know if they apply to the ENB version for SSE). I have that file set per the pre-requisites page and didn't replace it with the one from the preset I'm using (NVT). Suppose if the variables aren't set they default to 0?

Sigh, now I'm not even sure of my build.  I'm deleting it and starting from scratch. 

While checking the latest 'Change Log' entry against my build, I found these Special instructions for [skyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB]:

Special Installation: Download and extract the archive then do the following:

1. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 1. Default Version (Install 1st always) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  2. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 2. Vivid Weathers Users (Install 2nd)\Quality Version (Good Image) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  3. If running Vysnc through Graphic Driver open the enblocal.ini and change both ForceVSync=true and EnableFPSLimit=true back to false
  4. Open the enbseries.ini file and find [LIGHTSPRITE]
  5. change the IntensityInteriorDay and IntensityInteriorNight from 1.5 to 0.75.

Line #3 refers to the value     ForceVSync     .  The 'enblocal.ini' file on my system does not have a     ForceVSync=     line, but it does have a     EnableVSync=     line.

No looks like you are using the wrong ENB you are using the version for Classic and not SSE.

[Display]
bBorderless=0

bFull Screen=1

yes.